Phase 2: Five

Just Who Are You?

She was shellshocked.

She had gone to sleep with Irene after their tender moment, completely forgetting about Jisoo, Jennie and Joy back at the Lady's Room. She had let her guard down for a fleeting second, took her mind off everything for just one night, and now it was coming back to bite her in the . 

How in the world did Seulgi even find them? She was sure that she didn't see anyone that looked remotely suspicious outside the cafe when she was looking out earlier. No lingering figures, no group of people hanging around outside, nothing there that screamed of danger. And yet, they were in bigger danger than they had ever been in their life. 

Wendy made a decision.

She grabbed her coat from her room, making sure not to wake Irene up in the process. She didn't want Irene to pester her and find out what happened since it would lead to her asking what Wendy was going to do, and Wendy wanted her girlfriend to have absolutely no part in what she was about to attempt. It was incredibly stupid, incredibly dangerous, yet she felt the need to do it. This had gone too far.

Sooyoung. What happened to Sooyoung? Wendy was going to need her help.

Wendy dialed her, hoping for her to pick up but...

She never did.

Wendy bit her lip, her heart stopping. Did, Sooyoung... 

Did Seulgi...

"I am going to stop her now, whatever it takes."

Wendy left her apartment and set off to Seulgi's.

***

Jennie stirred awake, woken by chitter chatter in the not too distant distance. Her entire body was aching from the torture she had put it through the day before. The last time she was involved in a gunfight dated back almost a year ago before she started trying to go clean for Jisoo, which obviously didn't go to plan. She went to check on all the chitter chatter, which was coming from the table they set up for dinner. And breakfast. And poker.

"Pair of 10s!"

"Ah, son of a ! Pair of eights."

"Thank god I folded."

"Three 10s es."

"WHAT THE?!"

Imagine Jennie's surprise when she saw Sooyoung sitting around the table with Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa, winning what must have been her 5th round in a row, judging from the gobsmacked expressions on their faces. There was no need to imagine it because Jennie wasn't surprised at all.

"Hey baby girl," Jennie gave a kiss on Jisoo's cheek, getting a little laugh from her sweetheart. She sat down next to her, getting squeezed in a Jisoo and Lisa sandwich. She looked over at the latter and grinned.

"So which potion did you use this time Lisa?" Jennie giggled, grabbing a few chips for herself. Lisa just smiled, shuffling the deck and giving everyone their cards. See, Lisa was like a witch, almost. That is why Jennie wanted to bring Sooyoung here, and not the hospital, which one would normally go to. She was special.

"Even by yourself, you can treat wounds faster than a whole team of those hospital docs," Jennie said. Lisa continued to just keep smiling, revealing the first 2 cards, an ace and a king. She was the silent type, never really spoke much. When she did, it either meant it was about to be a really fun time at a party, or a clerk would be dead behind the counter because he refused to give up the safe combination.

Jennie looked over at Sooyoung, who looked much better than when she last saw her. She twitched a little, after she raised Jisoo's bet. This girl just saved her life, and almost got killed because of it. And here Jennie was, just sitting here as if nothing happened. Yes, Sooyoung was doing it too, but Jennie felt like she had to say something. Do something. 

"Hey, umm, Sooyoung, was it? Can we talk?"

Sooyoung, even though she was on a winning streak, folded. 

"Wow, you had an ace and a king."

"I know," She gave a wink to Lisa, who, guess what, kept on smiling. 

The two left the table, just as Rosé started screaming about how she had lost again, which meant they left at the perfect time. Sooyoung was walking just fine, Jennie noticed. No limp or anything. Wow, Lisa really was a witch. They settled down on Jennie's bed, a brief moment of silence airing between them. Then, Jennie started to panic a little. Wouldn't she have to prepare a huge speech, a large thank you to Sooyoung, for saving her life? Some way to repay her for all she had done?

"I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me giraffe. Especially when, you know, I just got shot and stabbed and am lying on the floor of my best friend's love interest's destroyed cafe?"

That was something.

"You were awake?"

"Barely, but yeah. I heard it."

Jennie gave a little chuckle.

"Hey, the reason why I called you here is because I wanted to say, thank you. You saved our lives, Sooyoung. Jisoo and mine. Even though all I did was taunt you and be mean to you, you still saved our lives. And for that, I, Kim Jennie, promise to be at your beck and call for the rest of your life."

"A bagel and a latte, plus call Wendy for me."

"Done."

***

"Seems like we've been here before, your eyes are seeing straight right through my core~"

Irene stirred awake, disturbed by Wendy's extremely loud phone volume that she had refused to change even though Sooyoung had reminded her about it over and over again. She saw that the caller was Sooyoung, so she picked it up. However, before she even said a word, a barrage of information just spilled out.

"Alright Wendy, so Seulgi found us and the Lady's Room was destroyed because of Sehun who turned out to be working for her-"

"EXCUSE ME WHAT?!"

"Oh you aren't Wendy, you're Irene. Okay Irene, so the Lady's Room got destroyed-"

"NO! THAT'S MY BABY! MY BABY!" 

Irene was in an outrage. She hung up, not bothering about the rest of Sooyoung's call. Her mind wasn't thinking, she was working on pure anger.

She had destroyed the Lady's Room? The Lady's Room? Her pride and joy? The one thing that had helped keep her sanity? This was it. Seulgi had crossed the line, a line that she was already edging on. This did it. 

"You promised Kang Seulgi... YOU PROMISED!"

Irene grabbed her coat from the hanger, leaving Wendy's apartment for Seulgi's. 

This left Yeri at home by herself.

 

 

Author Notes:

Get ready folks... Stuff is about to... yeah. It's coming. 

This chapter is just a link up to the next few, that's why it's so short. 

There's a lot of people waking up in this chapter too XD 

Well, till next time~ see you :)