Chaeyeon's Baking Catastrophe?

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’re probably wondering from the previous chapter… Where was Jung Chaeyeon, the baker who wasn’t involved in any sports? 

 

At first, she said she wasn’t going to come to the match but it was all a lie to surprise Nayoung with cookies that had the letters of her name on it. The thing about Chaeyeon was that her baking was… Interesting. Somehow, the oven caught on fire and now Chaeyeon needed a new oven because her parents were really going to kill her if she didn’t have the money to replace it. 

 

Big problem. She didn’t have the money. 

 

What the hell am I going to do!? My parents already told me to stop baking. Many, many times. Ms.Jung and Mr.Jung always told Chaeyeon to find a new hobby where it didn’t involve poisoning, burning or even creating some sort of chemical reaction in their house. She tried acting but she didn’t find that interesting. 

 

Now, Chaeyeon needed to get the money to buy a new oven or else her parents would really stop her from baking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Usually, her parents would arrive home at night so she had at least five hours to scrounge some money. Chaeyeon went through all of the sofa seats and her entire bedroom, making sure to get every penny. She ended up with the total of $22.57. Not bad, but Chaeyeon was desperate. She literally ran into town and hoped to find some friends that could lend her money, she knew all of them were at sporting events so she had to find her classmates. Luckily, she knew one person that might help her. 

 

“Heehyun!” She called out as she entered the vintage music store where they sold records and CD’s. Very old school stuff. The girl who had headphones around her neck; turned around to the familiar voice. 

 

“Oh hey, Chaeyeon.” She smiled as she quickly corrected the positioning of one CD. Chaeyeon shook her head, she knew Heehyun could be a perfectionist at times. “What’s up?” 

 

The baker batted her eyes several times, clasping her hands together and Heehyun started walking away in regret, already telling Chaeyeon to go away. “Why!?” She yelled out, disappointed that her friend didn’t want to be bothered by her presence. 

 

“Because that look screams “money”!” Heehyun says in a knowing tone and Chaeyoung huffed out, she hated when Heehyun knew everything. The worker places her hands on her own hip. “What’d you break this time?” She lets out a long sigh as she rolled her eyes and Chaeyeon started yapping. 

 

“The oven! I’ll be dead when my parents come home!” She clasps her hands together, begging on her knees. “Please, Heehyun! Help me!” She pleaded, earning weird looks from the other customers. Heehyun, who was standing in front of Chaeyeon, nervously looked back at her friend and the customers. 

 

“Chaeyeon… You’re making me look weird…” She muttered under her breath as she nervously smiled at the customers. Chaeyeon stayed on her knees. 

 

“I’ll get up if you help me.” She pouted as she looked up at her friend. Heehyun pinched her forehead, already getting stressed.

 

“Fine!” She yelled out in defeat and grabbed Chaeyeon’s hand to pull her up from the ground. “I’ll help you, you baby.” Heehyun lowly insulted but Chaeyeon didn’t care as she jumped into her arms with glee. 

 

“Thank you!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is this the only option!?” Chaeyeon asked in disbelief as Heehyun smirked at the girl. She helps put a checkered apron around Chaeyeon’s waist. 

 

“Yes. If you want to prove that your true hobby is baking, win this competition and the $500.” Heehyun keeps her lips tight, trying not to laugh at how scared Chaeyeon looks. Apparently, the only option Heehyun had for Chaeyeon was a rookie baking competition which was filled with little kids. Possibly kids from grade school and Heehyun thought they were probably better at baking than Chaeyeon— Of course, she never said that to the girl. “You’ll do great, kiddo!” She slaps Chaeyeon’s shoulder as hard as she could and the girl doesn’t even let out a sound of pain because of how scared she was. 

 

“I’m going to burn the whole place down!” She shouted as she looked around the huge kitchen with counters as huge as islands. Heehyun just gives her two thumbs-up and Chaeyeon went to her counter that she had to share with another participant. She goes to give a handshake to the little girl, but the girl just stares at her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter