Yeunjung's Driving Lessons

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Never in my life would’ve I thought that you would come to me for driving lessons!” Sejeong exclaimed as she slapped Yeunjung’s right shoulder. They were parked in the parking lot outside of the school, Yeunjung sat in the driver’s seat and Sejeong sat in the passenger’s seat. The latter tightly gripped the steering wheel, her knuckles were turning white as she gritted her teeth. 

 

Yeunjung felt defeated when she asked Sejeong— The most carefree person the girl has ever met, but the runner was her last resort. “Well, Chungha and Nayoung were no help…” She closes her eyes, imagining in her head the stressful lesson with the two oldest unnies. 

 

“Are you sure this is right?” The fashion designer asked in assurance and looked over to Nayoung who was sitting next to her. The fencer gives a firm nod and then Yeunjung looks at the rear-view mirror to see Chungha shaking her head in disapproval. 

 

Chungha places a hand on the back of Nayoung’s seat and leaned in to correct Yeunjung’s hand position on the wheel, making the driver in training even more confused. “The girl is gonna hit a mailbox like this!” The dancer scolded and Nayoung sent a harsh glare. 

 

“Says the girl who failed the driver’s test twice!” The fencer retaliated in a cold tone and Chungha shows a surprised look as drops, completely offended at the girl.

 

“At least it wasn’t three times!” She sticks her tongue out and now Nayoung was the one who let out an offended gasp. The two start to argue with each other while Yeunjung covers her ears and made a mental note to never ask them for help on driving. 

 

Yeunjung went through the list of drivers in her head and sighed when the only person left was Kim Sejeong. She was feeling mixed emotions about her decision but she doesn’t know what to expect from the runner. The whole school doesn't call her God Sejeong for nothing. 

 

Sejeong snaps Yeunjung out of her daze and starts teaching. “First of all, your hands are too close to each other.” She slides Yeunjung’s hands to the correct position and looks down at her car seat, pushing down on the lever to slide Yeunjung’s seat back. “Your legs were too crowded.” The girl was absolutely baffled, it was like she was receiving a lesson from a professional driving instructor. The next ten minutes went on, where they still remained parked in the school’s parking lot and Sejeong was giving useful tips for Sejeong. 

 

“Never expect for the drivers on the street to do anything!” She spoke in her ahjussi tone, making Yeunjung give an amused look. “They may have their turn signals on but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they will actually turn. They could just forget that their signals are on!” Yeunjung nodded at her, the girl had a very good point. “Always have keen eyes. Now turn that bad boy on!” Sejeong slaps her shoulder again, earning a soft “ow” from Yeunjung. 

 

Sejeong murmurs a quiet apology as the latter starts the car and drives abruptly and then stops, making the two jerk forward in their seats. Sejeong laughs at Yeunjung who looks like she is panicking from the simple mistake. “It’s okay, Yeunjung. Everyone makes that mistake. Try going straight and stop before that line.” She instructed as she pointed to the line in front of them. Yeunjung takes a few deep breaths as she slowly drives forward, succeeding in getting to the destination and making a clean stop. 

 

The runner claps for her as they give each other a high five. “I did it!” Yeunjung yelled out as she pumped her fist in the air. 

 

“It’s definitely a start.” Sejeong joked, already expecting to get a stern look but Yeunjung was too happy to be her usual self. Sejeong looks straight ahead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter