Hip-hop Crew VS The Ballet Club

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, unnie?” Jieqiong called out. They sat in the basement of Chungha’s house and the hip-hop dancer looks over in curiosity at the ballerina, holding a set of DVD’s in her hand. “Do you remember when we first met?” She randomly asked and Chungha laughs at her as she reminisces about the past.

 

“Yah!” Chungha walks over to Jieqiong to playfully hit her shoulder. “You just came over and this is the first thing you say?” 

 

Jieqiong shrugs her shoulders with a cheeky grin. “Oh come on, unnie. We’re going end up talking about it one day... So why not now?” She reasoned and Chungha nodded her head, agreeing that she had a point. They both sat next to each other on bean bag chairs.

 

Chungha lets out a long sigh. “Where should we start?” 

 

“The first day I transferred!” Jieqiong exclaimed with sparkling eyes and Chungha pats her head on how adorable she looked.

 

“Okay...” She furrows her eyebrows in concentration, trying to remember when Jieqiong first came here. “Ah!” She said in realization. “That day was when the hip-hop crew received some news!” 

 

——

 

“Look, Chungha!” Momo walks into the classroom and slams the letter from the Student Council onto the desk. Chungha, who was sitting across, picks up the piece of paper to read it.

 

“We have to share the dance studio!?” Her eyes repeatedly scanned through the letter, making sure there were no errors. Momo disappointedly nods at her as she pouts. “But who else would use it?” They were the only club in the school that did anything that involved dance. 

 

“Apparently, there’s a new club that does ballet. I heard most of them are foreigners who just transferred.” Momo huffed out and then took the seat across of Chungha.

 

The girl looks at Momo. “Hey, Momo. You’re a foreigner. Go talk to them.” 

 

Momo glares at Chungha. “Hey, Chungha.” She imitated her way of speaking. “Technically, you’re also a foreigner, Miss ‘I Lived In The Same State As Beyoncé’.” Chungha lowers her head down in embarrassment. 

 

“Well, now what?” She asked in defeat. “The Student Council is scary and I’m sure they won’t do anything about this.”

 

“How about we just go talk to the ballet club?” Momo offered and Chungha snapped her fingers.

 

“You’re always so logical, Momo...” She paused as she stood up from her seat. “But at the same time, you can be really dumb.” Chungha sprinted out of the class, leaving Momo to process the words.

 

“...Hey!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two walked to the dance studio to find the ballet dancers practicing. Their mouths dropped at how beautiful and elegant they all looked. 

 

“Wow...” They both awed at everyone. To Chungha’s surprise, all of the dancers were females— she was expecting to at least see one male dancer. And they were indeed foreigners, none of them looked like any Koreans she has met before. 

 

“Excuse me, can we help you?” A foreign girl who looked like an ostrich confidently walked over to the two hip-hop dancers. She had a slight accent but Chungha thought her Korean was very good. 

 

“Uh— Uh.” Momo stuttered out. 

 

“We’re from the hip-hop crew in this school.” Chungha butted in and the ballerina tilts her head at her with a sly smile on her face. 

 

“Ah... I see.” The ballerina looks over to the others who walked around to circle the two. Chungha and Momo look at each other in fear. “The Student Council warned us about you.” The two dancers looked at each other in confusion. Why would the Student Council say that?

 

“Huh?” They said in unison and the ballerina walks closer to them with a threatening look in her eyes.

 

“Let me say this more slowly so you can understand.” The foreigner says in a strict tone. “From now on, this is our studio.” Chungha looks around to see the other ballerinas have the same threatening look. 

 

“But where will we dance?” Momo whimpered out and the ballerina laughs at how pathetic Momo looked. 

 

“I’m sure your ‘crew’ can find somewhere else. Maybe, you should consider the underground sewers.” She laughed out and the other ballerinas laughed with her. 

 

Chungha squints her eyes at her. “Hey, that wasn’t nice.” She tried to threaten and the girl pretends to be offended. 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Your name is...?” 

 

“Chungha. Kim Chungha.” She loudly states, almost spitting on the girl’s face. “Remember that name for when we come to get our studio back.” She grabs Momo’s arm and drags her out of the studio. 

 

“Well, that went great.” Momo sarcastically says and Chungha lets out a huff of frustration.

 

“I can’t believe they were so mean to us! To be honest, all I was going to do was ask to make a schedule for the studio!” Chungha scoffed out and Momo pats her back. If it wasn’t for the rude ballerina, maybe Chungha wouldn’t be so angry. 

 

“There’s only one thing to do.” Momo calmly says and Chungha raises an eyebrow at her.

 

“Like what?” She asked in confusion.

 

“To fight fire with fire.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong squealed out as she plugged her nose. “My locker smells disgusting!” She caught the other student’s attention in the halls as they laughed at her. Cheng Xiao fumes as she stomps down the hall, cursing in Chinese.

 

“It smells like a goddamn sewer in my locker and now I will never be able to open it without gagging!” The girl lightly caresses her neck, trying not to think of the horrid smell. 

 

(Myoui) Mina waddles over to the two. “I can’t believe this.” She spoke in Japanese and the two looked at her in confusion. “What I said was, I can’t believe this!” She spoke again in Korean, except it was in a louder voice. “Who would do this?”

 

Jieqiong sighed. “I don’t know... but I need my books in there.” She reaches out to unlock her locker until Cheng Xiao grabs her wrist.

 

“Stop.” She looks at her with a serious expression. “Are you really going to risk that?” She scrunches her nose in disgust and Jieqiong shakes her hand off her wrist. 

 

“I don’t want to get in trouble by my teachers...” She says and looks over to Mina who shrugs her shoulders. Jieqiong slowly opens her locker and immediately covers from the horrid smell. Her locker was covered in muck and disgusting slush, like the kind you would find in the sewer. She saw that there was a note taped to the back of her locker.

 

“You were right. We loved the sewers so much that we decided to bring it to you. Let the games begin.” Cheng Xiao read out and Jieqiong squints her eyes. 

 

“I think I know who did this.” She turns around to see Momo and Chungha walking down the same halls, covering their mouths— trying not to burst out in laughter. 

 

“Should we tell a teacher? Or the Student Council?” Cheng Xiao offered and Jieqiong shook her head as she smirked at the two. 

 

“You read the note, Cheng. Let the games begin.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you think you were a little harsh on the ballerinas?” Sejeong quickly jogged around the track as Chungha tried to follow her pace. 

 

“Of course not! They were the ones who started it by threatening us!” She huffed out, already tired from the running. “Can— you— please— stop— running?” She panted out and Sejeong smiles at her.

 

“Nope! I have to train, Chungha. However, you need to go and apologize to those cute little ballerinas.” Sejeong playfully scolded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter