Somi's 17th Birthday

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Somi’s birthday was coming soon and that meant she was going to be seventeen years old.

 

(Say the name)

Seventeen! 

 

Their precious maknae of the group was already growing up so fast that they wanted to do a surprise for her. They all met up in their usual spot at the park— Without Somi. 

 

“Okay, gals! Tomorrow will be March 9th and we need to do something nice for our Somi.” Jieqiong was already taking initiative and Nayoung felt proud of her best friend. They all sat on a bench. 

 

“Anyone have any ideas?” Chungha looked around the group and everyone looked dumbfounded. “I guess not...” She quietly said and somebody suddenly shouted out.

 

“I think I have an idea!” Mina yelled and everyone looked at her, encouraging her to continue. “Well, Somi’s a rock climber. Let’s put a birthday message on the walls that she climbs on!” She suggested, earning some happy and iffy responses. 

 

“I don’t know... How do we get the message on the wall?” Yeunjung asked, she really had no athletic bone in her body. Chaeyeon nodded, also not having the ability to do well in sports or exercising.

 

“I’m sure Sejeong, Nayoung, Doyeon and Yoojung can take care of it!” Sohye says in a peppy tone, already volunteering for the four to do it. 

 

“Huh!?” Yoojung shrieked out. “I can’t even go on rollercoasters, how do you expect me to rock climb?” She asked with a worried tone. The other three just shrugged their shoulders, rock climbing doesn’t seem like a hard thing. “How about Chungha and Jieqiong?” Yoojung tried to excuse herself. 

 

“Chungha is the weakest person I’ve met.” Sejeong remarked.

 

“Jieqiong is too pretty to fall on her face.” Doyeon smirked at Yoojung, already having fun teasing the shorter girl. 

 

“Chaeyeon?”

 

“Also too pretty.” Nayoung says, following along with her friend’s playful antics. 

 

“Sohye?”

 

“I’m uncoordinated. I’ll just get stuck up there.” Sohye shows an apologetic look. Yoojung looks over to Mina.

 

“How about Mina! She’s really strong!”

 

“She’s too precious.” Sejeong patted Mina’s head. Yoojung glares at the two.

 

“Yeunjung?” 

 

“Really?” She asked in disbelief. They all knew Yeunjung wasn’t the athletic type. Yoojung sighed to herself. 

 

“Somi?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoojung!” They all yelled at her in annoyance and the girl stomps on the ground.

 

“Fine! But you!” She pointed at Doyeon. “You better not laugh at me for crying.” She strictly says and Doyeon lifts her pinky finger up as she shows a cheeky smile. 

 

“I promise.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoojung stood in front of the walls coated in dust, along with Nayoung, Sejeong and Doyeon. They all looked at each other as they held the decorations in their hands. Nayoung had balloons, Sejeong had streamers and the worst part was Yoojung and Doyeon had the actual banner that said 'Happy Birthday'. 

 

“How come Doyeon and I get the banner? That’s like the hardest part!” She complained and heard Sejeong loudly groan at her. 

 

“Stop being a baby Yoojung, you’re eighteen!” 

 

Doyeon started putting on her rock climbing gear. “Remember what you told me when I went on the Superman ride?” The sound of clicks was made from everyone’s helmets but Yoojung’s. The girl shook her head at her and Doyeon walked towards her to help adjust her helmet. “You shouted from the very bottom as you took pictures on your phone, “You can do this Kim Doyeon! You’re eighteen now! You’re an adult!” Doyeon waved her hands around, imitating Yoojung. 

 

Nayoung smirked at her. “Now, you really got to do this.” She teased at her and Sejeong laughed at how Yoojung looked really stressed. Nayoung and Sejeong started to climb the wall with their decorations attached to their harnesses, meanwhile, Doyeon and Yoojung had to figure out how to get the banner on the wall. 

 

“This is what we’re going to do, we need to coordinate. Every time I take a step. YOU TAKE A STEP!” She pointed at her and Yoojung nodded in defeat. She was really doing this. “Make sure to hold the banner tightly, but let’s not rip it. Yeunjung would kill us.” Doyeon didn’t want to ruin Yeunjung’s hard work, the banner was practically made out of silk and had letters sewn onto it. 

The two attached a long rope to each other’s harness and walked closer to the wall, each person holding one end and they made sure there was enough space to spread the banner between them. Doyeon took the first step and got up two feet on the wall, while Yoojung was still on the ground. 

 

“I CAN’T DO IT!” She panicked and Doyeon rolled her eyes as she held onto the grips, feeling her energy deplete.

 

“HURRY UP, YOOJUNG! I’M GETTING TIRED!” Doyeon roared out and Yoojung immediately started climbing, not wanting to anger her best friend. Meanwhile, Sejeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter