The Curse of Sohye's Project

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohye sat in the science lab, burying her face in her hands as she struggled to listen to her monotonous teacher. Science was never the writer’s strong suit. Why should we try to understand the world, when we can imagine it with books?— 

 

Scratch that. Sohye knew it was dumb to word it like that, she just simply thought science was boring. 

 

“I expect that all of you make me a solar system model. You may do it with a partner but there will be one person working alone, considering we have an odd number of students.” Sohye snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of stools scraping across the floor. She turned around to see Mina who was sitting beside her, was now standing with another person across the classroom. The penguin also saw DoDaeng paired up with each other and that’s when Sohye realized that she was too late to get a partner. 

 

“Ah, Sohye! You’ll be the one working alone.” The girl internally groaned as she swore she heard the teacher try not to crack up at her. She spins on her wooden stool to see Mina, Doyeon and Yoojung giving amused looks at each other. She rolls her eyes as she raised her hand. The teacher looks at her with high expectations since Sohye never raises her hand in class. 

 

“What’s the project again?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina laughed as she teased Sohye in the cafeteria. “Unnies, you should’ve seen Sohye in science class! She completely dazed out!” The girl exclaimed as she puts a spoon of rice in . Yeunjung started to laugh at her as she pointed like a little kid. 

 

Sohye shoots a quick glare. “Speak for yourself, Yeunjung.” She states in a cold tone, knowing that the fashion designer was known for blanking out. Yeunjung immediately shuts up as she shrinks in her seat, quietly eating her lunch. Doyeon gives her a mischievous grin. 


“If you were paying attention, maybe— “ 


“— Okay, I get it!” Sohye interrupted in an annoyed tone and Doyeon raises her hands in defeat. Yoojung pouts at her, feeling bad that Sohye was the only one in the class who was working alone. Jieqiong and Chaeyeon walked up to their usual table to see Sohye snapping at Doyeon. 

 

Chaeyeon raises an eyebrow, considering that Sohye was never in a bad mood— Especially during lunch. “What’s wrong, Sohye?” She sat beside the girl who sighed in response. 

 

“I have to make a stupid solar system and I’m the only one whose working alone because of three people..” The girl grumbled and the three pretend to look away, not having a clue on the identity of the three people. Chaeyeon shakes her head while softly giggling, patting Sohye’s head. 


Jieqiong’s eye light up at the mention of the project. “Hey, I did that project last year! Let me help you, penguin.” She offered with excitement and Sohye couldn’t say no to those eyes— Besides, Jieqiong got a 92 on that project, considering that Nayoung helped her. 

 

Sohye nods in defeat and Yoojung scoffs at the Chinese. “What about us!?” She says in disbelief that the unnies would only help Sohye. Jieqiong squints back at the girl, giving her a knowing look.



“Maybe if one of you partnered with Sohye, I would help you.” She flips her hair to the side and Yoojung crosses her arms. 

 

Sohye smirks at the losers who were in defeat. “Let’s go, unnie!” She grabs Jieqiong’s hand, not letting her have a bite of her lunch. 

 

“Yah!” She yelled out, pouting at her lonely lunch as she was dragged out of the cafeteria by a penguin. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow… This is actually… BETTER THAN EXPECTED!?” The writer exclaimed as she stared at the plastic model in awe. The solar system was even moving around, mimicking the movement of the planets orbiting around the sun. Jieqiong proudly smiles at her creation and Sohye looks at her, still in shock. 

 

“Thank you so much!” The girl tightly hugs the ballerina who was repeatedly tapping on Sohye’s back, wanting the girl to release her tight grip. 

 

“O-okay, I think that’s enough.” She pushes Sohye with all of her force and the writer smiles like a fool. 

 

“Seriously… I can’t thank you enough, unnie.” The girl says in a sincere tone and Jieqiong scoffs, pretending like it was nothing. 

 

“Never doubt the Zhou Jieqiong! Besides if it wasn’t for Nayoung, I wouldn’t have helped you make this.” The memories flash of her and Nayoung working on the project, and the older girl instructing for Jieqiong to sit on the couch while she did all of the work. 

 

Sohye has a weird look on her face as she watches Jieqiong grin to herself. “Oh!” The Chinese girl yells out, shocking Sohye. “I forgot to ask… When is this project due?” 

 

The writer tilts her head, humming to herself. “Uhhh… In two days. Why’d you ask?” Jieqiong takes a sharp breath and starts her chin. 

 

She then looks at Sohye and spoke in a serious tone. “You have exactly two days to protect that project.” 

 

“Huh?” Sohye raises an eyebrow at Jieqiong who nods at her. 

 

“I’m being serious! Last year was unbelievable, my project was in crazy situations that it kept breaking. If it wasn’t for Nayoung, I probably wouldn’t have anything to hand in!” Jieqiong truthfully admitted, making Sohye’s mouth gape in disbelief.

 

“What the heck?” She whispered out and Jieqiong was quick to run out the door. 

 

“You’re on your own for now, Sohye!” She yelled out before slamming the front door shut. 

 

“She’s not being serious, right?” The girl murmurs to herself as she paced around in her living room. 

 

A familiar voice interrupts Sohye’s thoughts. “She is.” The writer screams at the intruder in her house and quickly turns to face Nayoung who was showing her signature stone look. 

 

“UNNIE HOW LONG WERE YOU HERE?” Sohye yelled out in shock as she placed a hand on her chest. Nayoung then smiles at her in amusement as she plops on Sohye’s couch, looking at the solar system model Jieqiong helped make. 

 

“Look’s like the ballerina is now an expert on making solar system models.” Nayoung ignores Sohye who is freaking out on how the fencer came in the house without notice. 

 

Nayoung notices Sohye still looking at her like an intruder and she rolls her eyes. “I came in through the back door, okay?” She says in an annoyed voice and Sohye slowly places her hand off her chest. “You guys really need to lock that door.” The fencer grabs a chip from the bowl on the table and pops it in . 

 

“Is there a good reason why you’re here or do you just go walking through everyone’s back door?” Sohye hisses at the girl and Nayoung laughs at her. 

 

The older girl raises her hands in defeat. “I just wanted to see how the project was doing and you’d be surprised at how many back doors I have walked through. Sejeong never locks it so it’s the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter