Dogs Are A Man’s Best Friend

Transcendence

Prompt by iwanttoshopeu on AO3

”Can you do one where they meet because of Hanbin’s pug?”

————————————————————————

If Jinhwan knew Hanbin had been doing this for almost two weeks now, he’d smack him over the head. He could almost hear the tiny elder scolding him for not talking to the guy, but Hanbin couldn’t help it! He was too hot and Hanbin was a little too nervous to approach him so boldly.


So Hanbin didn’t tell Jinhwan and went to the park everyday, under the pretense of letting Obang go out in the sun, just to sneak looks at the hot guy that worked out there.


Hanbin first saw him doing curl ups under a tree and was captivated by the muscle that rippled across his body and, after seeing him run a hand through his sweaty hair, Hanbin was a goner.


At least Obang seemed enjoyed the fresh air.


Hanbin sighed, sitting on a bench a few yards away from the mystery man, holding onto his pug’s leash as Obang ran around excitedly after he unclipped it.


He leaned back, tilting his head up and glancing at the guy from the corner of his eye, barely paying attention to his dog.


The guy was doing push-ups today and Hanbin felt himself die a little on the inside when he stripped off his loose white tank, showing off chiseled abs and defined biceps.


Hanbin’s face blushed bright red and he shifted, looking to the sky to calm his racing heart.


After a few seconds, he decided to risk another glance at the guy and jumped when he saw him already staring at him.


The guy’s eyes widened and he flashed Hanbin a shy smile, brightening up as Hanbin waved back at him.


Just as Hanbin was gathering up the courage to go to him, he heard Obang bark excitedly before seeing the pug flying across the grass and crashing into mystery guy’s legs.


Hanbin shot up in alarm, jogging over to the guy while scolding Obang. “Obang, down!” He said to the pug jumping on the man.


Thankfully, he just laughed, scooping up the squirming pug and petting a happy dog. “It’s fine,” he said, Hanbin ducking his head down at his deep and soothing voice.


“U-um,” he mumbled, eyes trained on the ground in embarrassment from this being their first interaction, “sorry about Obang… He usually doesn’t jump on people like this.”


“It’s a good thing I’m soft for dogs with cute owners, then.” He teased, stepping closer to Hanbin.


A small squeak escaped Hanbin’s throat as his head shot up, staring wide-eyed at him.


“My name’s Bobby,” the guy introduced himself, holding onto Obang with one hand while extending the other for a handshake.


“Hanbin,” Hanbin replied, shyly shaking Bobby’s hand and inwardly dying at how much bigger and calloused it was compared to his own.


“This may be a bit blunt,” Bobby started with a sheepish grin, never letting go of Hanbin’s hand, “but I’ve noticed you staring at me and, to be honest, I’ve been looking at you too, so why don’t we go out sometime?”


Hanbin flushed in mortification at getting caught before the rest of Bobby’s words registered. “Oh!” He exclaimed in astonishment, “Of course! I would love to!” He berated himself for sounding so desperate, but luckily Bobby seemed to find it cute, laughing softly at him.


“Can I have your number?” Bobby asked, setting Obang down gently before taking out his phone and handing it to Hanbin.


Hanbin silently entered it in, biting his lip to hold in his excitement. “Here,” he said, handing Bobby’s phone back to him before crouching down to clip Obang’s leash back on. “Um, I have to go home now, but text me whenever?”


Bobby grinned, nodding at him, “Definitely.”


They stood smiling at each other for a minute before Obang started tugging on his leash, snapping them both out of their reverie.


“I guess I should head back now,” Hanbin said, waving goodbye to Bobby and turning around.


“See you later.” Bobby replied happily.


Hanbin was almost out of the park when his phone beeped with a new message. He took it out and smiled at the screen stupidly.

Unknown: Café Umbra at 5 tomorrow? - Bobby, the guy you’ve been staring at ;)

Hanbin laughed softly. 

Hanbin: I’ll be there.