Hanbin Turning Into A Girl

Transcendence

Prompt by Wynstelle on AO3

"Hi, can you make some story of hanbin suddenly turn into a girl??"

A/N: I'm back from the dead!!!! I still have unfinished prompts and I finally felt like writing again lol

Also, this is from Jinhwan's pov bc why not lol

-

Jinhwan woke up with a start when the door to his room slammed open, crashing against the wall loudly as Chanwoo stumbled inside in a panic.

“What the -,” Jinhwan mumbled out, blinking blearily as the youngest member started shaking him and speaking so fast it all became a mumbling mess.

“Chanwoo!” Jinhwan raised his voice, waiting for him to quiet down. Once he did, Jinhwan calmly placed his hands over Chanwoo’s and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Hyung, you have to help,” Chanwoo managed, looking more flustered than Jinhwan had ever seen him. “It’s Hanbin-hyung!”

Jinhwan shot up, a jolt of energy rushing through his system at the statement. “What?” His voice came out sharper than he meant, grimacing apologetically as Chanwoo hunched down at his protective tone. He cleared his throat and continued, “What’s wrong with Hanbin?”

Chanwoo swallowed audibly and said, “I think it’s best if you come up and see for yourself. Yunhyeong-hyung already woke up the rest of the members.”

Jinhwan narrowed his eyes suspiciously, but agreed. “Okay,” he said, sliding off his bed and walking to the bathroom to get ready. “This better be worth waking me up and scaring the crap out of me.”

As he shut the door, Jinhwan heard Chanwoo say under his breath, “Believe me. It is.”

-

Jinhwan stepped out the front door with a gaggle of half-asleep boys following after him, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo hovering at the end with an uneasy energy surround them. As they made their way up to the dorm, Jinhwan had a bad feeling in his gut that grew stronger the closer they got.

Entering the code to the upper dorm’s door, he opened it and stepped inside, pausing at the utter silence in the room. Usually there was always some sort of noise, but now it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop from a mile away.

“Hanbin?” Jinhwan called out, searching around the living room for their leader. Junhoe and Donghyuk sank down on the couch, eyes slowly drifting shut as they leaned against one another. The only one of any remote help was Bobby, and that was unsurprising considering Hanbin was his boyfriend.

“Um,” Yunhyeong said, “Hanbin’s probably in his room. Chanwoo and I will go get him.” He grabbed Chanwoo’s arm and started dragging him into the hallway, gesturing to Jinhwan and Bobby nervously. “Just… sit down and prepare yourself.”

Bobby looked decidedly not prepared. “You guys are freaking me out,” he said. “Is Hanbin okay?” Chanwoo let out a forced laugh and scrambled away with Yunhyeong in tow.

“It depends on what your definition of okay is!” Was the last thing they heard before the duo disappeared.

“Hyung,” Bobby said, turning to Jinhwan with a frown. “I don’t get it. If Hanbin really wasn’t fine, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo wouldn’t be acting so secretive. Yet they’re also panicked, so obviously Hanbin’s in some kind of trouble.”

Jinhwan sighed, running his hand through his messy hair. “I don’t know, Bobby,” he replied. “We just have to wait and see.”

They turned their heads to the hallway when the sound of quiet bickering reached them. They furrowed their eyebrows in confusion when they heard Yunhyeong and Chanwoo, but not Hanbin among the three voices.

“C’mon, hyung,” Chanwoo was hissing, “you have to show yourself at some point!”

“Yeah!” Yunhyeong agreed, “This isn’t something you should keep hidden, especially not from Bobby!”

A high-pitched voice replied to them, speaking in the same drawl as Hanbin yet prominently more feminine than their leader. “I know!” She hissed, “But you could have at least waited until I was ready!”

“Then you never would have told them!” Chanwoo shot back. An exasperated sigh and he continued, “You know what? You’re not stalling anymore – Yunhyeong-hyung, grab him!” Sounds of a scuffle started up and even Junhoe and Donghyuk sat up straighter in interest.

They watched as Yunhyeong and Chanwoo emerged, both holding the arms of – a girl?!

“Yah!” Jinhwan shot up, voice gearing up for a scolding. “What do you think you two are doing, bringing a girl here?!” Bobby froze, eyes darting between them as he clearly expected to see his boyfriend with them instead of a girl wearing the same clothes Hanbin had on last night.

Junhoe started coughing wildly, blinking like she was a hallucination from his exhaustion as Donghyuk stared blankly, his mind clearly not awake enough to comprehend the situation.

She stood around Jinhwan’s height, just an inch or so shorter than him, with thick black hair that reached the middle of her torso and a scowl on her full lips. Jinhwan did a double take, the girl’s face mirrored Hanbin’s fierce gaze when he was at his most irritated and his gait when she finally tore her limbs away from the two and swiped at them.

“Hyung, we can explain!” Yunhyeong said, making a pleading gesture with his hands when it was clear the girl wasn’t going to do anything except glare at everyone around her.

Jinhwan hissed, “Then hurry up.” His patience was worn thin by the rude awakening, the worry for Hanbin, and the girl they had in their dorm.

He looked at her again and saw how she avoided eye contact with Bobby, but had no problem meeting Chanwoo’s begging look with one of defeat.

With a sigh, she slumped down and stepped forward. “I can explain, hyung,” she said, shocking Jinhwan at the honorific.

“Uh,” Jinhwan said, caught off guard. “Okay, then…” He trailed off, waiting for her to introduce herself.

Grimacing, she hunkered down and said, “It’s me, hyung. Hanbin.”

A pause.

“What.” Jinhwan said flatly.

Bobby made a bewildered noise and flailed. “What?!”

Junhoe buried his face in his hands and groaned. “I can’t,” he cried out. “It’s too early to deal with this!”

Donghyuk absentmindedly patted his back. “Um… If you really are Hanbin-hyung, then how did you... you know.” He asked tentatively, free hand gesturing to Hanbin’s body.

“It’s a long story,” Hanbin said, lips turning down into a frown.

“We have the entire day,” Jinhwan finally spoke up. Sitting down on the couch, he waved Hanbin to sit across from him. “Start talking.”

Moving to the chair Jinhwan ordered him to, Hanbin started explaining with great reluctance.

-

“Well,” Jinhwan finally said when Hanbin finished, “I guess this is why the company usually warns us against eating fan-given food.” Hanbin huffed, glaring at him with big doe eyes.

“I was being polite!” He argued, crossing his arms across his chest defiantly.

“And look where it got you,” Jinhwan shot back, gesturing at Hanbin’s whole… situation.

“Ugh.” Hanbin admitted defeat and slumped down. Bobby sat next to him, arm shyly wrapped around Hanbin’s shoulders as he tried to comfort his boyfriend, despite still being in shock.

“It’s okay, Bin,” Bobby soothed, “we’ll figure something out.” Hanbin nodded, head tilted down with an unhappy twist to his lips.

“I guess,” was all he said, generally being very unhelpful. Jinhwan rolled his eyes, reaching forward to flick Hanbin’s forehead.

He flinched back, “Ow!” Rubbing the reddening spot, he sent an annoyed look at his friend. “Why, hyung?”

“Stop being so down!” Jinhwan scolded. “It’s not going to help the situation!”

“Jinhwan-hyung is right,” Donghyuk said, face calm and serene. “Let’s just hope that this will wear off in a couple days.”

“So, what do we do?” Hanbin asked, throwing his hands up in the air. “Just wait until then with no proof that it’ll work?”

“That’s exactly what we’re going to do,” Yunhyeong said, silencing Hanbin’s protest with a sharp look. “No one will believe us and this cannot get out.”

“He’s right, hyung.” Junhoe added, “This is weird enough for us and we know your personality. Imagine what others would think.”

Chanwoo sent him an impressed look, smirking as he said, “That’s the smartest thing I’ve heard you say all week.” Junhoe glared at Chanwoo, moving threateningly towards the youngest, who scoffed and stuck his tongue out.

“Ugh, you’re such a brat,” Junhoe complained. Hanbin sighed, leaning into Bobby as he ignored the bickering that broke out amongst two out of three in the maknae line.

-

Days past by and Hanbin got more anxious the longer he stayed female. The way s treated him started to change too, and that was the worst part. He couldn’t shower with them anymore or cuddle into them without someone blushing and moving away from him. The only one who didn’t shy away was Bobby, who seemed to take great joy in his new physique. Constantly holding things over his head to watch Hanbin jump for them, picking up his small boyfriend and swinging him around, and generally harassing him.

Even his usual glares didn’t work as well as they used to, since he had to crane his neck up and the softness of his cheeks didn’t exactly match the fierceness of his gaze. It was getting to the point where Hanbin was almost grateful they were constantly on hiatus.

-

In the end, they couldn’t keep it a secret from their manager, who’d finally gotten tired of them making up ridiculous excuses so that he wouldn’t come into their dorm and the concern he had that Hanbin was no longer asking him to drive him to the studios to work on music.

When he’d finally forced himself into the upper floor’s dorm room, Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, and Hanbin held their breathes for the inevitable confusion and disbelief. Yet the most their manager did was sigh in defeat and slump down onto the couch. “Just once,” they heard him mutter, “I’d like to get a group where this doesn’t happen.”

Chanwoo let out a loud, “What?!” as he walked over to their manager and shook his should. “You mean this has happened before?” Their manager nodded, running a hand through his hair.

“Yeah. It happened to my last group too, where someone ate something they weren’t supposed to.” He aimed a stern look at a sheepish Hanbin when he finished his sentence.

“I was trying to be polite!” Hanbin protested weakly, pouting when their manager sent him a dry glare.

“How long has Hanbin been like this?” Their manager asked, a serious expression crossing his face.

“Around a week and a half.” Yunhyeong answered, knowing off the top of his head because he’d been the one to ask his sister where to buy bras and female underwear, to his never-ending embarrassment and his sister’s bewilderment.

Their manager’s expression brightened. “That’s good!” He said, “It usually only lasts for two weeks, that was the longest.” Hanbin let out a sigh of relief, slumping down on the couch.

“Thank god,” he groaned. “I don’t know how much more of this I can handle.”

“What,” Chanwoo teased, mood lightened, “you don’t like being treated delicately?”

Hanbin glared. “I can’t even stop Junhoe from coming up here and raiding our supply of hotbars anymore. He just lifts me up and puts me away from our pantry.”

-

They told the rest of the members, and on the finale day of the second week, everyone was in Hanbin’s room.

“Sleepover!” Donghyuk said cheerfully, laying down on his designated part of the floor. Jinhwan snorted next to him and stretched, already sleepy and ready to knock out.

“I really, really hope Hanbin returns to normal when we wake up,” Yunhyeong said, carefully placing a face mask on and setting a timer.

“You and me both,” Hanbin snarked from his bed, Bobby cradling him close and kissing the top of his head.

“Aw, it wasn’t that bad, babe,” Bobby said, Hanbin’s long hair. He grinned when his boyfriend twisted his head up to look at him with annoyance. “I thought you were really cute.”

“You always think Hanbin-hyung is cute,” Chanwoo shot back, shoving Junhoe’s prone body back to his side of the floor. Junhoe’s loud snores echoed around the room and Jinhwan glared.

“Can someone, like, hold a pillow over his face?” Jinhwan muttered, covering his ears.

Donghyuk looked scandalized. “He’d died!” The younger said, gently swatting at Jinhwan.

“God, I wish,” Chanwoo said. “He’s literally right next to me.”

“Chanwoo!”

“Okay!” Bobby called out, ending the almost fight. “Time to sleep! All of us!”

He waited for them to stop grumbling and settle down before turning the lights off and snuggling back into Hanbin, trying to ignore how much softer he was and the unfamiliar pressure of Hanbin’s chest.

“For what it’s worth,” Bobby whispered to him, “I’d still love you even if you didn’t turn back.”

He yelped when Hanbin’s fingers pinched his bicep. “I swear to god, if you just jinxed me, Kim Jiwon…” Hanbin threatened him. After a moment, Bobby heard Hanbin sigh and say, “But that was very sweet of you.”

-

A yell of victory woke Jinhwan up and he blearily looked around before Hanbin’s bedroom door opened up and a very male Hanbin stood in front of them.

“I’m back!” He yelled, smiling brightly.

“Thank god!” Chanwoo screamed back. “I would have lost it if you hadn’t turned back.”

Jinhwan groaned, lying back down and covering his eyes. “Yay. Good for you. Congratulations . Now let me sleep.” He turned over and knocked out again.

He was getting way too tired for this crap.

-

END

A/N: I wanted to make this more doubleb centric, but the story kind of ran away from me lmao sorry bros

Y'all can still leave me prompts and I'll get to them... eventually :3

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed this (extremely late) chapter!!!