Eavsdropping

Transcendence

Hanbin's a bit of an in this, but with his confidence and a boyfriend like Jiwon, who wouldn't be ;)

-

One of the funniest things about being in a relationship with Bobby was listening in on the people who admired him. It started dying down ever since Hanbin and Bobby became public, but every now and then there would be a new student who just couldn’t stop themselves from swooning over the school’s sweetheart.

A lovesick sigh and Hanbin grinned, leaning back onto his hands as he sat on the edge of the basketball court, watching Bobby’s team practice. “He’s so hot,” a girl said to her friend. “It’s completely unfair. How can one guy look so good sweating? Unreal.”

Her friend made a strangled noise of agreement, glancing warily at where Hanbin was seated below them. “Yeah, he is,” she squeaked out.

Hanbin laughed under his breath before deciding to join into the conversation. “You talking about Bobby?” He called up to the girls with his head tilted toward them.

The new girl jumped and looked at him with an embarrassed flush. “Oh!” She exclaimed, “I didn’t think anyone could hear me…” Hanbin smiled at her, waving his hand dismissively. The girl’s friend took the chance to dart away with a quick farewell.

“Don’t worry about it,” he replied, “a lot of people in this school have massive crushes on Bobby. Though,” and he cocked his head, “I don’t think I’ve seen you around before.”

“I just moved here from across the city,” the girl said, leaning closer to him and introducing herself, “I’m Kim Soohyun.”

“Nice to meet you, Soohyun,” Hanbin greeted, “I’m Kim Hanbin.”

She jumped as a sudden thought came to her, “Kim Hanbin? I’ve heard of you! The top student in our school, right?”

“Well, I’m not one to brag, but yes,” Hanbin admitted. “That would be me.”

The coach’s whistle rang sharply through the gym and Soohyun’s attention quickly shifted back to Bobby, pouting in disappointment when she realized the practice game was over.

“Don’t worry,” Hanbin teased, “there’ll be plenty more chances to ogle the team later.” She huffed as she flushed lightly, swatting at him playfully.

“I’m not ogling! Just – admiring the form of our school’s best basketball players!” She coughed lightly, shrinking back when she noticed Bobby jogging over to them with a towel draped over his shoulders.

“Hanbin!” Bobby called out, sparing a glance at the girl before focusing all his attention on his boyfriend. “I’m ready to go!”

Hanbin scoffed, reaching out a hand and using Bobby’s grip to heave himself off the floor. “You’re all sweaty and dirty, I refuse to go anywhere with you until you clean up.”

Bobby whined, sighing in defeat at Hanbin’s stern look. “Fine,” he conceded with a groan, “I’ll go shower.” He turned around and trudged back to the locker rooms, sending one last pleading look behind him. Hanbin raised an eyebrow and he slumped down, jogging to join his teasing teammates.

“You seem to know Bobby well,” Soohyun said, looking at Hanbin with a new light in her eyes.

Hanbin laughed, “I would hope so, considering I’ve known him and been his closest friend since birth.” She nodded with an envious sound.

“How lucky! To know him so well…” she sighed with a faraway look in her eyes, “that would be a dream.”

“I wouldn’t fall too deep,” Hanbin warned, “because Bobby’s already in a relationship.” At her crest-fallen look of defeat, Hanbin let out a laugh.

“It’s okay,” he reassured her, “you’re not really his type anyways.” She looked mildly offended and Hanbin realized what his words implied.

“Not that there’s anything wrong with you!” He backtracked quickly. “Bobby just has a very… specific ideal.”

“Who’s he dating?” She asked, a disappointed look on her face. “Is it a cheerleader or something?”

“Eh,” Hanbin said, “or something.” Hearing the locker doors slam open again, a mischievous grin crept on Hanbin’s face as he turned to face Bobby’s quickly approaching figure.

“Babe, I’m all clean and ready to go now!” Bobby said as he swept Hanbin into his arms, planting kisses all over his cheeks.

Hanbin breathed in the scent of soap and aftershave. He nodded in satisfaction, “Let’s go.”

Bobby cheered. “To the ice cream shop!” He then added sheepishly when Hanbin sent him an exasperated look, “And the library to study after…”

“Good boy,” he praised, leaning in to nuzzle his nose into Bobby’s cheek.

Intertwining their hands together, Hanbin looked back at Soohyun’s shocked face and winked in the midst of Bobby dragging them out the door.

-

It's fun to write Hanbin so confident in doubleb's relationship when he's usually the one who doubts his worth and all that jazz. Hanbin's a confident gay mess yeet.