The project

Vazio

It was a very sunny blue sky morning. Mina woke up feeling a good wellbeing, breathing okay, blood pressure okay, no dizzyness.

She looked out the window and had a thought she never had before. ''Today is gonna be all right''. Wow. those endless conversations with Chaeyoung made all the difference in Mina's life. She found a good influence and, most importantly, a friend(rare these days, huh?). That friend made her feel as if she spent her entire life wearing tight shoes and she was finally able to take them off!

Mina found out speaking was even better than writing, but there's a catch: She can't say everything she is thinking, not when it comes to her feelings. Oh, her feelings, hhmmmmm. 

Mina had breakfast and everything tasted so good. She got dressed actually caring about how she would look like. She looked deeply at her reflection in the big mirror, inside her room. She could see there was something different about herself. She suddenly felt a strong need to dress to impress and sing while doing it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

At work:

-Just another day in paradise, right guys?-  A colleague said, ironically, towards a group seated next to Mina's desk, at the office. 

-Attention, everyone! A video conference with Mr. Lee will start in 15 minutes, please, go to the auditorium. Thank you.- Said chief-director, Mr. JYP.

Mina quickly texted Chaeyoung so they would meet and seat next to each other a the auditorium. Why did she smile that much while texting a friend? She giggle like a fool, wondering why.

-Good morning!- a very happy and smily middle aged CEO appeared on the screen. He is usually a cheer up person, people don't expect that from a CEO, right?Mr. Lee is like those exaggerated comedy characters we instanly like in TV shows. He quotes his own quotes. He often feel the need to over-do hand gestures, emphasise words, and He can remember names and faces like no one else. He is likeble but he is the boss so......

-I bring news of this awesome project I came up with. I'm so proud of myself 'cause it's pure innovation in business management! I know many of you have different majors in different areas but management is basic. I want you guys to appreciate it, greatly. It will be fun because while you learn, you will be able to know more about your coworkers ideas.I know most of this company is ''made'' of very young employees. Here's what: Your generation thinks it's all about technology. I'm here to tell you: it's not! Handmade effort, hard work in real life, not digitally, it's key!- This entire speech was marked by his hands flying in the air and the usage of different voice tones. An act of a very funny/serious opera showcase, in Mina's opinion. She looked to the left, where Chaeyoung was seated, they were almost bursting in laughter. Chaeng kept stealing glances of Mina, she'd never seen her friend so dressed up, and pretty like today.

-I should have brought us some pop corn. Mina exclaimed.

-Stop making me laugh, I'm trying to focus. Chaeyoung faked irritation towards the one who could never ever irritate her.

- *Cute pouting*.

-Shhh.

He went on speaking:

The thing is:You will form new teams and I'll watch closely who develops the best method according to each task. Great teams are made of great people. And I want the great people with me, by my side, working in my company. I know all of you have enough capacity of being here, but I'm looking for the crème de la crème. Don't be afraid, you will NOT get fired if you fail, I just won't like you as much as I used to. My partner, Mr JYP, will provide further instructions. Good luck!

After the video-con there were many conversations, noises and colleagues organizing new teams, what a mess. People were leaving the auditorium very puzzled and stressed. But two lovey-dovey fools, who kept on talking and smiling, stayed exactly where they were.

- Wow, new project! How exciting, huh?-Said Mina moving her hands around, giving a perfect Mr. Lee impression.

-Hahaha, you're a great actress! -Chaenyoung laughed like a child.

-Now, for real, you're obviously joining my team, right?- Mina faked an ultra-serious facial expression, which made Chae low-key blush but she kept on laughing.

-Sure, of course, since you're inviting me so politely.

-That's my girl. Let's show them who is the crème de la crème“!

-Hi-five!

-Highest of fives!

 

And just like that, chemicals react. They got involved with the project, more and more everyday. Besides, the project was the perfect excuse for talking to each other 'till late at night, for meeting and have coffee together. They planned things, they even persuaded the rest of the team to subdivide in doubles, just because they came to the conclusion the others would distract them. They were enough for themselves. 'Michaeng' got together without realizing they were together. They were inside their own bubble, a simple exchange of words and they created a little world of their own. Mina tells things that no one else knows, she lets Chae in where no one else goes. 'A world of or own' they would see it if they could. Even though they were more and more interested in each other, the 'friends who work at the same place' label prevented both from taking the next step and taking each other more seriously. So, they became best friends and that was pretty much it, untill... I'm not telling, not yet.