meditations 2

Vazio

Suddenly a knock, knock, knock at Mina's apartment was heard.

Taken by surprise and a certain disapointment, she got up from her desk, where she usually writes her stuff and went towards the door, in a lazy way. She wasn't expecting anyone.

WTH?? URGH......Where in the world....? Carmen Sandiego?

She opened the door *slowmotion* and found a cute looking, boyish dressed person standing with a notebook/ sketchbook under her left arm, smiling shyly. It was Chaeng!

_ Hi!

_:o *insert surprise meme*

_What a coincidence, right? A friend of mine called Sana lives a few doors down. and we were talking about my work place and I mentioned this Myoui Mina I met and she told me she knows you and where you live, and I came by just to say hello.- Chaeyoung blurted out in a kind of nervous manner, as if she was trying to say all the words according to the script she had made up in her mind before even knocking the door.

_Yeah, I know her, she's from Japan too!

_Please don't think I'm a stalker or something...

_Say no more. Come on in! Let's have tea!- Said Mina right after taking the smaller girl's hand and leading her inside some how like the teletubbies walking up the hills!

_Oh..... Okay.- Said Chaeng with a certain relief in her oh so gentle voice.

It was the very first time in Mina's adult life she felt akward for having such a messy living room, actually there were clothes tossed all over the floor in every room. Lately, the mess didn't bothered her but she didn't want Chaeyoung to think she wasn't into cleaning and organizing, eventhough that was exactly the case! The only clean looking place was the kitchen, that's where she wanted her visit to be. 

_ I'm not interrupting anything, right? You're not expecting anyone, are you?

_ My time is all yours!- Said Mina and then mentally scolded herself for being too honest, too fast, too mindlessly...

_ Haahah ..You always make me laugh.... unexpectely.

_ Well then now you're kind of expecting that from me, right?-She felt smart for tackling the situation quickly, but wasn't as quick to find a second tea cup for both of them. Yep, now she realized she was a loner at a cooking utensils level.

_ hahaha Not really. Mina, can I leave my sketchbook over this table here, next to this uhm.. knitting …..needle?

_Sure! Oh, so you're an artist, huh? Can I take a look at your drawings?- Said Mina smilying wide, wild, etc.

_Ok, but all these drawing are not finnished yet and don't look that good...- Chaeyoung tried to utter those words as if they would prevent Mina from judging her, or criticizing her. She felt insecure around Mina at the same time is was like they were invincible together.

*Silence*

_So....? Do you........ like it?

_ They look good.....great..unique. Wow, congrats! You're so talented!- Mina didn't really knew how to compose herself from the sudden shock(a happy shock) of recognizing her own eyes and eyebrows in many pages of that sketchbook. It could not be, or it could? No! It was just from her head...or not?!

_ Aw, thanks. I'm learning new technics and I think the best way to improve is to draw the same image over and over again, using different materials, different styles but keeping focus on the main object I can see clearly in my mind. Does it make sense?- Chaeng's cheeks were getting red by now.

_Yes.- Said a super-smily, giggly Mina.

_ Why are you laughing at me?- Even more red.

_hahhaha No. It's just....Actualy, ''Does it make sense?'' is something I question myself a lot. When you said it I couldn't help but smile.-Mina was trying hard not to break out laughing. She was getting good at faking a serious face, she practiced a lot during boring meetings and presentations at work, but around Chaeng She didn't want to pretend anything.

_Oh okay. Hahahah So........

_Ok, Now I stopped laughing. You may speak.-

_I was going to say that We're kind of similar....... aren't we?- Said Chaeyoung in a low voice, involved in her own thoughts, as if she was thinking out loud.

_I guess so.

 

The most meaningful silence filled the place. Like a blank sheet of paper eagerly waiting to be filled with any other colour different from its own. If only these two weren't so hesitant, insecure, unable to translate their feelings into.....

_Well, I can't draw as.. mind-blowing as you and I can't be that cool all the time, in general.-Mina managed to speak after an unknown while.

_Stop, You're making me shy..

_ But it's true! You are só cool, and you don't even try! That was the first thing I thought when we first met.

_ Really? Well, I noticed you're chic. I don't know how to explain it but you behave with...grace.. there's something fancy about how you and your walk.

_Blame it on the ballet!

_ Oh, so you can dance?

_Yes...yeah

_So you're an artist too! Ha! Right there! I knew I got some artistic vibes from you.

_Yeah. But hostly I don't feel very artistic lately, though...

-Do tell!

-Well... are you sure you want to listen, I mean do have the time?

_My time is all yours.

_Where do I start? First.........I've been fight depression for a while now. I even stopped working for a few weeks and went to stay at my parents' house, which I always do when I'm in trouble because I can be such a crying baby sometimes and I hate it.

_That's complety fine, even heros have their cloudy days, okay?. Please, go on. Say all you have to say.

_Last month I went back to work and it was surprisenly good. I felt like I'm ''normal'' again. I am capable of waking up in the morning, work hard, go back home at night, write in my diary. Oh, I keep a 'diary system'. It's like cultivating a bonsai tree. Explained a very excited Minari as she kept on sipping her tea.

_Facinating! Does writing make you feel better?

_ Hell Yeah! It's something I never imagined I would enjoy but then I started and I hope I can keep writing forever. Like talking, for instance I never thought I would enjoy a conversation as much as I do when we're talking.-Mina lowered her eyes to look at the cup in her hands, almost in disbelief of how these blunt words just came out of in no time.

_Really? Me too. -Chaeyoung's eyes went slowly upwards brightly searching for the author of this almost low-key love confession she just heard. But could it be? Was she expecting too much too soon?

_ Yes. I want to thank you for listening to me and.... woah It's night time already?!- Mina was when she realized the hours passed so fast when she was focused on Chaeng.

_Oh my! I must go or my parents will call the police!

_You live with your parents?- Different feelings were added to Mina's adoration for this Chaeyoung girl, who 'still' lives with her parents because she is  so young.

_Yes! Oh, I can't forget my sketchbook.- Chaeng could see there was something more to that question but she didn't want to get into it, because it was very late and also because she didn't know what else to answer.

_ Thanks for the visit. See you at work!

_Any time! Bye.

Mina closed the door as slowly as she had opened but the feelings were totally changed. Many thoughts running through her head, while she stood still, resting her back against the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chaeyoung POV:

 

Chaeyoung's Phone rings:

-Soooooooooooooooo, how was your surprise visit to your very own real life inspiring muse?- Said a very bright Sana, with a wide smile.

-*Deep breath*For real? We 'click', you know? We have a connection, I never felt this way before. I wish I never had to leave her.

_Wow! You want to move in with your girlfriend already? That's hasty, considering she's not even your girlfriend yet hahahahaha

_Stop making fun of me! I'm emotional.

_Fine. I'll stop. But I was going to tell you the ''notice me, senpai'' joke.

_Guess what? She wanted to see my drawings!

*silence*

_Sana? Are you there?

_O.M.G Chaeng! Which skecthbook did you show her? .

_What you mean?

_Her eyes!!!!!!!!!.

_Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

_Did you show her the bizilions drawings of her own eyes?

*silence*

_Chaeng?

_Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

_Yep, I guess you did.

_But...but.. Maybe she didn't notice anything because she kept talking to me so normal, I think she would asked me something like: ''wait a sec. Am I recognizing my own eyes and eyebrows in many pages of this sketchbook.?”

_Or... not. She is so polite and mature. She probably wouldn't tell you anything.

_Oh my!- Chaeng facepalmed herself, a little too hard.

_Don't worry. It'll be all right. If you guys are meant to be now...If not.......well.....

_Wait! Maybe is a good thing if she saw I like her eyes! It's like a compliment, chicks love that!

_Yeah. If you want to see it that way..

_Crap! I don't even know if she's gay too! I don't know how to ask her that without looking like I have no idea how to ask her that!

_Ahhhh-Chaeng facepalmed herself, again.

_Cheer up! Oh, I have to go, bye!

_Bye, thank you for living at the same building as my crush!

_You're welcome, honey.

Chaeng hung up the phone, opened her room window and shouted:          i'M LIKE OOH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!