Chapter 2

Why

Ryeowook’s thoughts were going a hundred miles an hour, trying to recall if and when the two had fought. He was drawing a blank—the two were always snuggling with each other, and not just in front of the fans. His mind completely occupied, he didn’t notice when the other members of Super Junior not in their subgroup had come in. It was only when he felt Yesung’s intense stare that he turned his head to look.

The expression on Yesung’s face was quite unreadable, but he didn’t run away or turn his back. He waited for what Ryeowook would do, if Ryeowook would finally understand what he had been trying to ask. It had only been a few months since they started dating, but they had only been driven further than before. He sighed, eyes wavering from his beloved. It felt like Ryeowook's innocence was going to backfire on him still. “Wookie-ah…” He called out quietly, trying not to look at Kyuhyun in Ryeowook's arms.

Ryeowook only shook his head, smiling sadly. He knew Yesung would understand, but he would have to explain later, since Kyuhyun didn’t seem to be able to stop crying now that he started. The maknae didn’t even realize that Sungmin was there, right beside Yesung, and—Ryeowook’s eyes widened. He had been hugging Kyuhyun like this while both their boyfriends were there! He saw the annoyance flash in Sungmin's eyes before he was able to cover it up. At that instance, Ryeowook knew. It was his fault. He had always been comfortable with Kyuhyun, had never thought twice about skinship with him, even while attached.

He was now faced with a dilemma. Hesitantly, he pulled his arms away from Kyuhyun and looked to Henry for help. Good thing too, as Yesung was getting more agitated by the second. He stepped away from the two, Henry now patting Kyuhyun’s back awkwardly. “Sung-ah…” He reached out to his boyfriend, only to have him look away.

“We brought lunch~!” Leeteuk’s voice floated around the studio, Kangin following closely behind him.

Ryeowook bit his lip, uncertainty etched on his face, before striding forward to greet their leader. “Kamsahamnida, hyung… You shouldn’t have…” He turned his head to look at Yesung, who was still standing there quietly.

Leeteuk didn’t know what was happening, but opted to just give the eternal maknae a little push, nodding encouragingly. He grabbed the plates from Kangin, their hands brushing lightly. Although no words were spoken, it didn’t take long before Kangin too was watching the pair discreetly, the food ignored.

Ryeowook took tentative steps toward Yesung, afraid that he would draw away again. “H-hyung…” He spoke softly, wanting Yesung to look at him eye to eye. It had been long since he last called Yesung ‘hyung’ while there were no cameras around; Yesung’s eyes widened slightly at the honorific, but made no move towards Ryeowook. “Yesung-hyung…Please…” At the lack of response, Ryeowook stepped forward until he could hug Yesung's back. “Hyung… Kyuhyun… He needs me right now… Please…” He buried his face in Yesung’s neck and kissed his nape.

Yesung sighed, something that Ryeowook felt while still behind him. It wasn’t like he could do anything about it. Ryeowook was just sweet like that; it was one of the things that made him fall for him. He nodded slightly, his heart cracking around the edges. He lifted Ryeowook's fingers from his body, grudgingly releasing himself from the hug. He steered Ryeowook towards Kyuhyun and Henry, who was looking around for help.

Henry breathed a sigh of relief as he saw his second favorite hyung come back. He wasn’t that close to Kyuhyun, although they were close in age, so he had no idea how to handle him crying. He looked at Yesung, who was standing off to the side. Yesung was trying his best to seem unaffected by it, going over to the other hyungs and handing out food. A hand clamped on Henry’s shoulder, startling him.

“Let’s go eat.” Zhou Mi released his shoulder in favor of holding his hand instead, dragging him to the table. They greeted the others, taking their places, the space for the two maknae and Sungmin standing out so much. Henry didn’t see where Sungmin had gone off to, but couldn’t search for him so obviously in front of his hyungs. 


Sorry this is so late~~~ I was so tempted to make this into HenWook... X.x This chapter too, I'm really sorry... I get the feeling I'm not good at making chaptered fics at all... >.< Thank you to all who reviewed and subscribed!! Saranghae~~