6- 11/04/2012 update

Why

 

Sungmin barely slept a wink after Kyuhyun had narrated what happened at the SM office. He never thought the management would take things this far; nobody could resist Ryeowook’s cute face, yet they had no guilt hurting the eternal maknae. He resisted the urge to storm there and pick a fight, as it would benefit no one and most likely make things worse. The lack of bustling noises at the dorm made him finally get up at six in the morning, which was usually the time Ryeowook would be cooking. He peered into the kitchen, only to find two people breaking the rules.

Kyuhyun was sitting down, hands in front of his nose and mouth, trying to breathe deeply. It was obvious, however, that he was failing, as sharp intakes of breath could be heard intermittently. Ryeowook was not faring much better, so he had turned his back on Kyuhyun. His hands were already shaking too much that he had inadvertently released his hold on the frying pan. It appeared they had been talking since Ryeowook had gotten up to prepare breakfast.

“I…I think this was for the best…I mean, they could’ve done much worse, right?” Ryeowook gave up trying to cook; now just intending to wake Sungmin up to pass on the duty. He halfheartedly paused at the doorway, a bittersweet smile on his lips. He waited to see Kyuhyun’s expression, which remained blank in shock. “I really thought they’d kick us out…At least…”

 Kyuhyun didn’t want to hear him out. His heart was already too broken with those few words he’d prayed Ryeowook would never utter. Really, was it too much to hope Ryeowook would hold on to him? Was it too much for this one wish to be granted? He ran his hands over his hair, frustration and despair clouding his brain.

Ryeowook barely noticed Sungmin as he scrambled towards the bathroom to wipe his tears off. He was startled when a hand wiped off the tears on his cheek, Sungmin’s sympathetic smile making him sigh in wistfulness. “I didn’t mean to hurt him, Min-ah… You understand, right?” Soft sobs escaped him then, breaking the false belief that his tears had run out. He collapsed on the hallway, knees not able to carry the burden of breaking his love’s heart. “You know, I’m happy… At least it’s you… You’d take care of him for me, right?” Ryeowook’s lips trembled as he said those words, completely crushing his own heart in the process.

“Shh…” Sungmin patted him gently on the back, urging him to let it all out. His anger flared up much more. What had SM told Ryeowook for him to give up like this? He was their eternal ball of sunshine, the first to cry but first to encourage them all to get back up. It would take a lot for someone as optimistic as Ryeowook was to think there was no more solution to a problem, yet here he was, pushing Sungmin to take his lover.

A shadow fell over them, and Sungmin looked up to see Yesung sighing in defeat. “I’ll take him back to the room. You finish the food. Heechul won’t be happy with this…” He gently pulled Ryeowook’s arm, smiling as he saw that the maknae had finally gotten back to sleep. Ryeowook had tossed and turned all night, waking up after thirty minutes of sleep before drifting off again. Yesung now sported the same eyebags as Sungmin, certain that their make-up artists would curse them both later.

“Kyu…I’m sorry…” Ryeowook sniffled as Yesung laid him down gently. He grasped at Yesung’s hand, curling into it, making Yesung sit down on the floor. The things the eternal maknae could make them do.

Sungmin was surprised to find Kyuhyun by the stove, finishing off the pancakes Ryeowook started. He turned as Sungmin entered, a bitter smile not unlike Ryeowook’s on his face. His eyes were trained on the floor, tears still leaking from the side. “This was one of the things he taught me to cook, you know. I never made it for anyone else because it was supposed to be a secret between us… I promised him I’d cook only for him… Not let anyone else taste my ‘magic,’ as he called it…” The tears made their way on the floor, Kyuhyun not even trying to hide them anymore.

“Something smells good!” Shindong cheerfully greeted, backtracking once he saw the situation. He bumped into Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Heechul on the way, motioning them all to back away and go crash Leeteuk’s floor instead. Leeteuk wouldn’t be happy, but he figured that would be better than trying to understand what was going on between their cute maknae couple.

 


Er...Kill me? Sorry updating so late...Got inspired listening to SJ's Daydream (for about 10 times)... Readers, ♥ you all!  If you're confused, this is like..what directly happened after chap 3... >.< If everyone gets confused, maybe I'll rearrange the chapters? Sorry! The poster...  Wanted to make one better, but I don't have photoshop.. >.< And the blue text one looked bad..