5- 8/19/2012 update

Why

 

Continuation of Chapter 4...

When the rest of the members got home, they found Ryeowook cuddled by Yesung's side, deeply asleep. Yesung barely greeted any of them, more for fear of waking the eternal maknae up and starting another bout of tears than from being stoic. The members headed straight for the kitchen, sure that Ryeowook had left them some snacks in the event they couldn’t have dinner. Sungmin was the only one to notice the tear streaks by his cheeks, but thought nothing of it. Ryeowook had the tendency to over sympathize with the dramas he watched anyway. He soon followed into the kitchen, wondering what had the members’ jaws dropping.

He almost doubled back, wanting to ask what the date was, since Ryeowook usually didn’t cook this much food unless it was a member’s birthday or something eventful happened. Ryeowook’s tear-stained face hovered at the back of his mind, but surely Yesung or Leeteuk would have told them had something happened. Once again, he shrugged the thoughts off, food taking the lead in his thoughts. Nobody could think well on an empty stomach anyway, so he’ll deal with the suspicions after he ate Ryeowook's delicious cooking. He headed straight for the kimchi fried rice, but one bite made him freeze. He took his bowl and went back to the living room, but found that Ryeowook was no longer there. “Hyung, where’s Ryeowookie?”

Yesung looked back at him, disengaging himself from the documentary on turtles. “I carried him to our room. He was so tired he didn’t even wake up when I put him down… Why?”

Sungmin shook his head, uncertain how to phrase the question. He sat down, eyes glued on the elder. “Did something happen? I know Leeteuk covered for your schedules, so… How can he be that tired? You must’ve stayed in the dorm the whole time, right?”

Yesung shifted uncomfortably; Sungmin was far too perceptive for his liking. It didn’t help that he would most likely end up being involved, seeing as he was sharing rooms with the main protagonist and best friends with the other. He let out a groan. Why did Leeteuk have to turn in early, not even putting them to sleep like he used to? “I…It’s best to hear from Ryeowook, since it involves him… or if you prefer… Kyuhyun…”

Sungmin’s eyebrows went up, his food completely forgotten. Kyuhyun? Why was he involved? Come to think of it, he hasn’t seen him since he got back, nor has he heard anything from their rooms. Kyuhyun should’ve been cursing at his computer right now, or bullying the members. He stood, making his way towards their room. If the two maknae had a shared problem, the hyungs couldn’t stand back.

“Finish your food first. I doubt you can eat once he starts talking…” Yesung warned him, gesturing to the bowl which he left untouched. It was only then that Sungmin noticed Yesung had a pained look on his face, the concern for the two maknae still overtaking the concern he had for the hyung who could take care of himself. He wouldn’t appreciate it either if Sungmin asked; the pillars of the group only shared their weaknesses with each other.

He hurriedly gulped down his food, dumping the bowl with Donghae who shot him a look, as he was almost done washing his and Eunhyuk’s dishes. He took purposeful strides towards his room, not bothering to knock, since Kyuhyun would be able to shift his mood easily to feign happiness. He couldn’t ask him anything though, because Kyuhyun was already asleep when he entered. He sighed, deciding to sleep as well. He would question one of the two sooner or later, when either of them was awake.

What he didn’t realize though, was that one of them would actually get to him first.

 


Sorry... It's more like a filler chapter... Is this confusing? Chap 4 is a flashback to show what happened before the end of chapter 3... and this is a continuation of chapter 4, the last line should be like...before the last two paragraphs of chapter 3... Made it more confusing?? o.O Sorry it's really short too, I just...had an angst build-up from reading multipple angst fics...I would've made this angsty, but I couldn't until I made the chapters cohesive... Anyone thinking I strayed away from the storyline in the description? o.O