Chapter 3

Why

 

Sungmin slid on the door, sitting dejectedly on the steps of the fire escape. It wasn’t a place the managers would approve him spending time in; the steps were rusted and seemed like it would collapse under him any moment—if he didn’t collapse first. He hugged his knees and laid his head on his arms, feeling extremely tired even though he had only been in the hotel all day. “What am I doing? … What am I even doing here? I’m not even a part of this…” He groaned; all these thoughts were confusing him.

Sungmin loved Kyuhyun. Of course he did, else the last two years would have been a complete waste. The only problem now was the pain and misery were threatening to overwhelm that love. What was more confusing was he believed love can overcome everything, so why was this happening? Was it not love they had?

A hand on his shoulder startled him from his thoughts. “I didn’t peg you to be an idiot, Minnie.”

His eyes traced slender fingers up to a beautiful face. Sungmin’s voice refused to come out, and he could do nothing but stare as another person joined them.

“I guess I’ll leave him to you then.” With that, their beloved resident diva went back to the others, hips swaying from side to side, much like a runway model. Before he was gone though, he threw them a smirk. “Idiots.”

The newcomer plopped down beside him, though Sungmin hardly noticed. The words from Heechul were still plaguing his mind. When the meaning finally clicked, the door was already shut. He turned warily to his new companion, who was in the same boat as he, more or less.

“Talk.”

Sungmin’s eyes widened. Usually, this odd alien-like man did most of the ranting in their previous conversations, which, obviously, was about their precious ‘partners.’ He looked at the man in the eyes sadly. “I take it you’re still together then? Even with all these… issues?”

 Yesung calmly returned his gaze, eyes so deeply sorrowful it seemed to him in. “I see many reasons to let him go, but after everything we’ve been through, it’s not fair that I have to…” He steeled his gaze, determination showing through. “You too…”

Min stifled a sob, tears obscuring his vision. “It’s not fair, but if they’ll be happier…”

Yesung slammed his fist on the wall. “Then it’s right for two others to be sad just for them to be happy?! And who said he wasn’t happy with you? Have you even talked to him about this?”

“Damnit, of course I have! Do you think I’d be here if I hadn’t?!” Sungmin glared at him, his eyes so intense it could bore a hole in the wall. “Do you think I like the idea myself? We’re only going in circles here! Don’t you want to stop this foolish charade of relationships we’re having?” His voice went softer. “Aren’t you tired yet?... Coz I am…”

Yesung scoffed. “If yours is just a charade, I’d like to know how much of a hell it’s been for you. Do realize it’s not only you who’s suffering… But fine…If you’ve made up your mind, I won’t stop you… But if you hurt Wookie, I don’t think I can forgive you.” He walked back in, giving Sungmin a threatening glance before slamming the door shut.

Sungmin curled up in a ball, remembering the fateful night two years ago…


Kyuhyun snuck a look at the opposite bed. “Hyung… Minnie-hyung…” He waited for a response. Hearing none, he got out of his bed and poked the elder. “Hyung… Can I stay with you tonight? Just tonight, swear…”

Sungmin nodded, mind still hazy. He scooted nearer the wall to make space for the maknae. Feeling no movement into his bed, he opened his eyes. Seeing Kyuhyun's teary eyes was enough of an energizer, as he promptly sat up and gathered the younger in his arms. “Shhh… What’s wrong?”


Sorry for a short short chapter!! Really sorry that I took more than a month! X.x Final exams happened... then a removal exam got the best of two weeks, then my cousin got married...@.@ Hope this chapter is ok... >.< Thank you to all who subscribed! (Sorry I couldn't thank you one by one)...