Chapter 1

Why

 

He choked back the tears, focusing on getting the foreign words right. As torn as his heart was now, it would be more heartbreaking if he continued to mix the words up; he would have to retake his scenes and rehash the bitter memories the words surfaced. It was unprofessional of him to not be able to give his hundred percent on the get-go, especially since the others were more or less feeling the same.

Would it have been better if he had not stumbled upon the awful matter? Should he have had pretended he saw it as a joke? Would it have saved them from these bittersweet feelings they call heartbreak?

He stared at the sparkler, the bright light it emitted seemingly teasing him, reminding him that his guiding light had just left. He scoffed at himself; it was ridiculous to be reminded of him by something as trivial as a sparkler. The memories with him were too valuable to be seen in just this tiny piece of firework.

“Cut!” The director’s booming voice cut his reverie. “Kyuhyun-ssi, you’ve missed your cue…” The director frowned at him from his seat, raising an eyebrow at the expressionless kid. “Alright. Five minutes break, everyone…” He slumped in his seat; this was already the second day of filming yet it had the same results! This was also the first time they had to do these much takes for Super Junior… He could only wonder what had happened to the perfectionist maknae to make him lose concentration during work—he was always so professional.

Kyuhyun hadn’t left his seat, his body still sideways in the chair. He seemed not to notice that the others had all left the set to eat, as it was already lunchtime. Even with his head bowed low, he didn’t notice the feet stopping in front of him.

“Kyuhyun-ah…” The soft voice didn’t reach his brain, didn’t make him realize who it was, and didn’t make him show any sign of life. The warm hands drew him to the warm chest, the other man silently giving him support. The other members had a vague idea of what had happened to him, but they could do nothing but watch as their evil maknae crumbled…


“Kyuhyun-ah… Kyuhyun-ah…” He was being shaken so playfully he couldn’t resist annoying the other. “Oi, Cho Kyuhyun!!” The use of his whole name only made him open an eye, pretending to still be sleepy. He closed his eyes and snuggled deeper into the covers, all the while smirking to himself. He knew the other would fall for his trap; he always did and always would so that his Kyuhyun would be happy.

“Aigoo… This little brat…” The other man pulled the covers down, starting to expose his beloved to the cold. He giggled, soon enough, Kyuhyun would—his thoughts were cut as Kyuhyun pulled him down, as he did every morning. He fell on top of the maknae; his hands still clutching the covers. No matter, the maknae pulled it over them, hiding them from whoever else would come to wake him up.

Kyuhyun burrowed into his shoulder, inhaling the intoxicating scent of the man he loved. “Na, Minnie…” He looked into Sungmin’s eyes, smiling serenely. “Good morning…”

Sungmin could only blush as the maknae gave him the rare smile he reserved for Sungmin alone. That was why Kyuhyun always pulled the covers over them—if anyone stumbled in the room, they could think of weird things the two would be doing, but they’d never see his smile. “Yah. You really need to make me go through all that trouble every day…?”

Kyuhyun burst out laughing. “It’s because you’re cuter on top…” He kissed his hyung on the lips then flipped their positions, hurrying outside. It was always a great sign that the day would be wonderful if it was Sungmin he woke up to…


The other members exchanged a worried glance as Kyuhyun’s tears finally escaped, the silent room deafening. Ryeowook held him tighter, like he would have his boyfriend. He himself couldn’t hold back his tears as one of his supports finally needed to be supported. Kyuhyun was one of the few who held him when he broke down after fighting with his boyfriend, but he never thought the day would come when Kyuhyun would need him. What had Sungmin done? 

 


Sorry!! I didn't plan to draw this out... And it's a very short chapter to boot... Promise I'll try harder next time!! >.< I hope you keep your patience with me as I try to finish this.. >.< Sorry if I made grammar/ vocabulary/ spelling mistakes, it's been quite a long time since I last wrote a fanfiction... Oh! And sorry that they're OOC, I haven't watched videos of them in real life.. :(

Lastly, happy birthday, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi!! Without you, I wouldn't have been the Super Junior fangirl I am now... Saranghae~ Wo Ai Ni~