Time for Lessons!

Everyone Has a Story

A/N: Hey, I know it's been a while, almost a year actually, but I hope y'all know I'm not done with this story! I remember when I started, I had so many ideas, I just wanted to write them down. I'm actually in my Junior year of high school right now though, so I've actually been kinda busy with school and friends and my clubs and stuff. And even when I'm not busy, it's hard to write when i could be sleeping haha. Still, I really do love this story so just know that when it's been awhile, I haven't quit! Anyway sorry for the wait, enjoy the next chapter!
 

-------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the girls started with their lessons in music. Nayeon was in charge of vocals, Momo was in charge of dancing. Jeongyeon was sort of helping on both sides by helping to organize the kids while she was silently learning along with them.

"Alright squirts, we're splitting you up! Sana, Dahyun, and Tzuyu are with me, the rest of you go with Momo." Nayeon knew that the kids would feel a little out of place without their usual groupings but that would just help to get everyone closer and to bring them out of their shells. 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The whole nerves thing seemed to affect Dahyun and Tzuyu the most. Chaeng and the other girls seemed alright since they were either already comfortable or they were just bold naturally. The two shy anxious girls held hands tightly and listened to Nayeon as she began their evaluations. 

"Okay girls, so we're just gonna do something simple. I'll sing a note and all you have to do is copy me with the same one." Seemed easy enough, right? Wrong.

"Laa~" Nayeon sang a C. "Laa~!" Sana was first and she sang it kinda off but it was good enough. "Laa.." Tzuyu sang a little shakily and quiet but at leat she got the note right. "Good! Okay Dahyun, your turn." Nayeon turned to her and said. She nodded and opened . But nothing came out. Dahyun in a breath and tried again. Nothing. She furrowed her brow and started to get shaky again when she suddenly felt a hand slip into hers. She glanced up and saw that Sana was smiling down at her.

"It's ok Dahyunnie, it's just practice. Relax, it's just us. We won't judge you." She comforted. Dahyun nodded with puffed cheeks and a newly determined expression on her face while Nayeon cooed quietly at her cuteness. "--Laaa~" She sang perfectly and surprisingly softly. Her voice was very soothing as opposed to Nayeon's or Sana's whose voices were more suited to sing to pop songs with high volume. It was similar to Tzuyu's whose voice was also unique and characteristicly soothing and soft.

Dahyun glanced at Nayeon for approval and almost apologized when she didn't say anything right away.

"Oh.. I'm sor-" "No! That was incredible! You were exactly on key even if your voice was soft. Really suited to a piano player." She winked and ruffled her hair. Dahyun beamed with her eyes full of stars "a piano player.." she whispered with an inspired smile at the the ground.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Momo giggled as she watched Chaeyoung running circles around Jihyo and Mina. Literally. Chaeyoung laughed as she sunk to the ground dizzily and closed her eyes. Jihyo and Mina walked over and looked down at her amused but concerned at the same time.

"Are you okay? We were just supposed to copy Momo unnie's dancing." Chaeyoung peeked up at mina with a bright grin,

"Yeah, I'm just really excited!" Jihyo giggled and pulled her up.

"Ok tiger, let's calm down so we can learn from unnie." Mina laughed and Chaeyoung pretended to roar, contorting her face to look the part. Jeongyeon snickered and nudged Momo who giggled at the scene.

"Alright girls, break's over! Let's do something easy. We're just gonna do a box step dance." She showed them and waited patiently as they fumbled around. Chaeyoung and especially Mina copied her moves easily, but Jihyo was struggling to keep up a little. Jeongyeon decided to be her partner. 

"C'mere, Ji. Let's do it slowly okay? 1, 2, 3.." Jihyo stuck her tongue out as she fumbled her steps a little. Eventually, she did it and Jeongyeon congratulated her.

"Good job squirt! I knew you could do it!" She ruffled her hair as Jihyo blushed slightly. 

"Thank you unnie..."

 

---------------------------------------------

 

After the girls switched lessons, the unnies decided to give the kids a break so they could go window shopping down the street. Jihyo led the way toward downtown so that they could see what was in the toy and candy shops. They knew that they couldn't really buy anything, but they loved to look and imagine what it would be like to have those toys anyway. 

"Woah! Look at the bikes!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. The twins and Jihyo gaped in interest. "Ooh.." Tzuyu and Dahyun smacked her lightly. 

"Chaeng, where would you get the money for that?" Dahyun scolded. Chaeyoung's face fell and she shrugged,

"I was just looking..." Nayeon frowned as she watched the scene unfold. She tugged at Jeong and Momo's shirts and whispered.

"Girls we need to start making money soon; the kids are getting skinny and look at them!" Dhe gestured to the girls who had their faces pressed to the glass as they watched families walk in and out of the store with new toys in their hands. 

"Nayeon, I know they want those toys and sometimes, I know we want them too. But we need to back up a little and think of our options here," She said, trying to be reasonable. Nayeon huffed and Momo started listing their choices.

"We could hurry up and teach the girls to sing or we could just go out to get the money ourselves." Jeongyeon raised a brow.

"And how would we do that?" Momo rolled her eyes.

"Well we're the ones teaching the lessons, aren't we? We could go out alone for now so we could sing and dance and get at least a little money. It'll be enough to afford food maybe?" Nayeon and Jeongyeon's faces lit up.

"You're right! How about this: me and Momo will go out tonight and perform in the square, and you watch the girls while they sleep in case anything happens." 

"What if something does happen?" The girls stopped when they heard the kids gush about little walkie talkies in the window. Momo turned to Nayeon.

"Unnie, do you still have the money that we gathered?" Nayeon nodded and gave her the money.

"Stay here,"

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Ten minutes later, Momo came back out with two packs of walkie talkies (five total), and 49,300 won left in her pocket. The kids' eyes sparkled.

"Woah! Nee-chan, what are those for??" 

"Girls, these are gonna be like our phones from now on ok? The maknaes will share one, the twins and Jihyo will share one, and each of us will have one." She pointed to herself, Nayeon, and Jeongyeon.

"When anything happens, or you need help, you push this button and we'll hear you ok?" The kids nodded and took their "phones".

 

When they got home and the littles were in bed, the bigs went outside to talk about the plan.

"Okay, so me and Momo are going to go out and you're gonna stay here and watch the girls. If anything happens to either of us, we use the phones. Got it?" They all nodded and fist bumped to seal the deal. Momo and Nayeon put on their jackets and grabbed a bucket for the money while jeongyeon secured the house and waved them goodbye.

"Stay safe! See you soon!"