Let's get this bread!

Everyone Has a Story

Jihyo woke up to Sana and Mina shaking her carefully and giggling. Jihyo groaned.

"What? I was having a dream about donuts and puppies..." She pouted. Sana shushed her.

"Shh! We're gonna wake up the maknaes!" Mina giggled when Jihyo rolled her eyes playfully and got up to join. She glanced around and saw that the three oldest were probably sleeping in the other room. She noticed that the other girl, Dahyun, was closely curled around her sisters. She pursed her lips. 

"Hey, I dont think that's a good idea. They're probably really tired anyway." She said with worry. Sana brushed her off.

"Come on Ji, it's not like we're smashing their heads or something. Besides, they can go back to sleep if they're so tired." She reasoned. Jihyo just let them continue but backed away in case it turned bad. Mina seemed hesitant too so she stayed with Jihyo. They watched silently as Sana snuck up to the pile of three sleeping girls. Chaeyoung's mouth was open slightly and Tzuyu slept with perfect posture. This made Sana snicker. She raised her arms and pounced.

"Boo!" 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu screamed. As soon as her sisters moved, Dahyun was up and pushing Sana away in a terrified panic. 

"Stay away from us!!" She screamed. Sana jumped back in surprise. Dahyun continued to swing her arms around in an attempt to attack their attacker and Sana frowned. She shook Dahyun's shoulder.

"Hey, I was just kidding around. You don't have to do that. I'm sorry for waking you up so roughly." She apologized guiltily. Dahyun stopped and looked up. She realized it was just Sana. Her cheeks flushed crimson red. 

"Oh.. uh sorry, I-I thought we were being attacked again..." She stuttered out. At this point Jeongyeon had run in to check on what was happening.

"What's going on in here? What's wrong?" She asked no one in particular. Sana and Dahyun didn't reply so Mina spoke up.

"Uh, Sana was going to wake up the others but Dahyun ended up panicking and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu screamed." She explained. Jeongyeon sighed.

"Geez I thought someone got hurt... Are you girls alright?" She asked Dahyun and her sisters. They nodded silently. Well there goes the fun morning... Jeongyeon saw that everyone now looked either guilty or scared and decided to cheer them up.

"Hey, come on. You guys wanna go walk around town later? We can go get something to eat with the money Momo earned when she went dancing." She said when she heard Chaeyoung's stomach growl. She blushed but smiled and nodded with everyone else. Jeongyeon smirked.

"Alright, put on your jackets. I'll wake up your lazy unnies." She said and watched as the girls got up excitedly.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Mina hummed along to Nayeon's quiet singing as they walked to the 7-eleven nearby. 

"'Cause I got issues 

But you got 'em too

So give 'em all to me

And I'll give mine to you

Bask in the glory

Of all our problems

'Cause we got the kind of love

It takes to solve 'em..." 

She sang absent mindedly as Momo and Jeongyeon talked. 

"How much did you get again?" Jeongyeon asked. Momo counted her money.

"I got like 15,000 won." She stated. Jeongyeon nodded as she counted the money that she had found on the streets. 

"Mmm.. I got 12,500. Unnie, do you have anything?" Nayeon pulled out the money she had while continuing to sing.

"'Cause you don't judge me

'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too

No, you don't judge me

'Cause you see it from same point of view... Oh! I have like 14,000 won." She muttered when she finished counting. Chaeyoung perked up from in front of them.

"Nayeon-unnie, where'd you learn to sing in English? You're voice is very nice." She asked with sparkling eyes. She'd been listening in awe for a while and was a little disappointed when Nayeon stopped. Nayeon looked up.

"I guess I just remember some songs from when my parents would listen to the radio. They always liked listening to English music... Anyway, I heard it playing the other day in some store by our place and it was catchy so," She replied. Chaeyoung nodded and looked forward as Nayeon continued singing on the way.

 

At the store, they decided to buy three pieces of bread, three water bottles and a pack of jellies for the kids who begged with their puppy eyes (those kids know that tactic is unfair!). They ended up spending 7,470 won and now had 34,030 won in total. They looked at the money and knew that they would run out eventually. The oldest three decided to keep it to them selves and went to the park to let the kids run around.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

The three oldest shared a piece of bread and a water bottle and divided out the rest of the bread and water between the little ones. Jihyo and the twins shared and The maknaes also shared. Nayeon even let the little ones take the pack of jellies to share.

"Unnie, we're gonna have to cut back on the little treats if we're gonna make this money last." Momo muttered as she watched Sana and Mina rip open the jellies and separate them into everyones hands. Nayeon sighed.

"I know... I just love their enormous smiles when they get things like this. I mean look at them!" She exclaimed, pointing at Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who had the jellies placed in their mouths like teeth and were laughing uncontrollably. Momo smiled gently.

"I mean, you're not wrong. But either way, we gotta make this money last. It might only last a few weeks in fact." She stated. 

"Well, with the food and suppiles that you and Dahyun's little club brought from home, we could last maybe another week and a half before we spend any money." Jeongyeon informed. Momo nodded.

"And we have all the blankets and clothes we could need from our parents' houses too so we don't need to spend it on that." Nayeon remembered.

"We might need to find a way to earn money for this to work..." The girls put their heads together but were interrupted by Dahyun tapping on their shoulders.

"U-um unnies? I forgot to mention earlier but I have some money too, if we need it." She pulled out 20,000 won. Nayeon's eyes widened.

"Omigosh, where'd you get that?" Dahyun shuffled.

"I was saving up for this keyboard that I wanted, but my mom took some of the money and this is what's left. Might as well use it if I can't get a keyboard anymore..." She thought out loud and handed the money to Nayeon. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you sure? You can keep your money if you want sweetheart, you can still get a keyboard if you want one." Dahyun shook her head.

"If we're gonna stay with you, I gotta make sure we can help out at least a little bit." Nayeon just sighed and took her money hesitantly. Dahyun grinned and went back to the others. 

'Geez this kid is stubborn. I already said she didn't have to worry anymore but here she is.' Nayeon thought with a small smile. It was cute how responsible she was. It reminded her of how she would take care of Jihyo when they first got kicked out. Jeongyeon nudged her.

"We should head back soon, they can't spend the whole day here." She mentioned. 

They gathered the little ones and began to head home with Nayeon singing to that song that she was singing earlier again. She sang louder this time as she could hear herself better with less people gathered around as before.

"But you're perfect

Poorly wired circuit

And got hands like an ocean

Push you out, pull you back in

Cause you don't jud--" Nayeon stumbled when someone put a bill in her hand. The stranger smiled.

"You have a very pretty voice, keep singing like that, and you'll be a star soon." She said. Nayeon blushed.

"U-uh, thank you so much, but I couldn't take this.." She said as she gestured to the 5,000 won bill in her hand. The stranger waved her off.

"Nonsense! You deserve it! With that talent, you could teach your little friends and be famous! Now, have a nice day~" She turned and left as quickly as she came. Nayeon blinked in confusion and looked to the money. She calculated in her head.

"Well now we have... 59,030 won!" She exclaimed excitedly. The girls broke out into huge smiles. 

"That's great! That's enough to buy like... 30 packs of jellies!" Jihyo celebrated. Jeongyeon laughed.

"It sure is, but we're certainly not spending it all on jellies." Jihyo narrowed her eyes. 

"Duh!" She said sarcastically. Momo smirked and ruffled her hair.

"Hey... did you hear what she said? She said that I should teach you guys and we could become famous!" Jeongyeon raised a brow and Nayeon grinned with mischief.

"All I have to do is teach you guys how to do music, and we could be earning money left and right! I mean look what we earned with just me singing!" She held out the bill again. Jeongyeon caught on. 

"You're right! We could earn money by singing on the streets! You're a genius unnie!" She hi-fived Nayeon. The kids cheered again.

"So we're gonna have music lessons now?" Dahyun asked with enthusiasm. Nayeon grinned. 

"Yup! That's what you wanted right? Well, minus the keyboard. That might take a while to save up for--" She stopped when Dahyun jumped up to hug her.

"Yesss! I've been wanting this forever!" She squealed. Nayeon smiled and hugged her back.

"Starting tomorrow, we'll have music sessions to see what you guys are good at and we'll go from there!" It seemed like everyone was on board with that plan and they continued on their way home with a skipping Dahyun in the back.