Anxiety

Everyone Has a Story

A/N: Yall I am so sorrry, it's been 2 years...Started this first year of high school I think and now I'm almost done with my first year of college lmaoo. Nothing really happened, I kinda just got busy with school, work, and covid... but I hope to keep posting this story. I really love what I've written so far and I honestly think I've lost some of my writing skill but I do want to continue. Anyways yall's comments brought me back from the dead so if you guys are still here, thank you and ily <3

 

“Shh… it’s okay Dahyun-ah, Momo unnie’s here”

Dahyun looked up in her unnie’s arms and threw herself into Momo’s arms, sobbing harder than before. Momo frowned in worry and continued rubbing Dahyun’s back while she let the anxiety take over her mind.

“Take a breath baby, it’s okay. Whatever happened, you’ll be okay. I promise.”

Dahyun cringed,

“It’s n-not okay! Eomma came to hurt us again!”

These thoughts brought Dahyun back into such a bad spiral that she didn’t even notice she was back home in bed with Nayeon and Momo until she felt her unnies wrap her in hugs under a big blanket. She gasped for air and scratched at , suddenly feeling dizzy. Nayeon panicked, grabbing her hands gently.

“No baby, please don’t do that, you’ll hurt yourself. Here, let’s sit up and Momo unnie will get you some water.”

Momo nodded, Dahyun’s hair back from her forehead one more time and got up after whispering that she’d be right back. Dahyun buried her head in Nayeon’s chest and continued trying to breath properly.

“There you go honey; you’ll feel better soon. Keep breathing just like that.”

Nayeon cooed and rubbed her back, getting out the first aid kit to patch up Dahyun’s still bleeding knee.

“Okay, I’m gonna fix up your knee baby, it might sting a little...”

Soon, Momo came back with some water. After drinking the water, Dahyun whispered,

“Where’d she go Momo unnie...? don’ wanna go back…”

Nayeon frowned in concern and Momo pulled Dahyun closer in her lap,

“She’s gone baby. Don’t worry about it, me and all your unnies won’t ever let her come near you and your sisters ever again.”

She said with care, hugging Dahyun gently. Dahyun shook out of her sleepy stupor slightly,

“Noo, I don’ want you to get hurt too… eomma’s scary.”

Momo shushed her, rocking back and forth with Dahyun.

“We’ll be okay honey, your mom doesn’t know where we are and she won’t ever find us, I promise.”

“She didn’t come to get us...?”

Dahyun whimpered and hid her face. Momo tutted and lifted her up by the chin.

“Nope, she has no idea sweetie. We’ll all be okay. Let’s just calm down and relax, okay? Maybe we can take a nap, you must be so sleepy honey.”

She said, pulling Dahyun to lay down on her chest and rubbing her back to fall asleep. Dahyun nuzzled up under her chin and closed her eyes.

“Unnie… don’ tell my sisters please… don’ wan ‘em to worry.”

Momo smiled sadly,

“Of course, don’t worry about it sweetie, unnies got you.”

 

 

“Unnie, what happened to Dahyun unnie!”

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu came up to Nayeon and Momo as soon as they left Dahyun to sleep.

“uhh- It’s okay kids, Dahyunnie just got a little scared by a dog she saw when she went to grab the marble.”

Tzuyu frowned and Chaeyoung sighed,

“nooooo, Dahyun unnie hates puppies!”

“Yeah, unnie cries when they get close!”

Nayeon pouted and gave Momo a knowing look. Momo pouted back and crouched to look at the kids.

“Yeah, Dahyunnie was really upset before she fell asleep, do you think you girls can do something to make her feel better?”

The girls all cheered, wanting to help as best they can. They put their heads together to came up with a plan. Jihyo perked up,

“Ooh! Maybe we could make a cake for her?”

“We don’t have an oven silly billy~” Sana giggled at her.

“Oh right…” Mina hummed and gasped suddenly,

“Oooh can we make slime??” The children all paused,

“YES, YES YESSS”

“I LOVE SLIME!!”

“YAYYYY”

Nayeon and Momo giggled before shushing them. Jeongyeon frowned a little from where she was sitting across from the kids.

“Shh kids, Dahyunnie’s still napping so let’s stay quiet, so it stays a surprise hmm?”

At that, the kids cheered quieter and started pulling on coats to go to the dollar store. Nayeon walked over to Jeongyeon after she called her over.

“Nayeon, we literally just bought those marbles for them, you know we can’t be spending money like this all the time.” She said, worried about how they were gonna pay for food and things in the future. Nayeon bit her lip and looked to where Momo was adjusting Tzuyu and Chayoung’s coats, patting their heads softly. She thought back to Dahyun’s panic attack and sighed.

“Jeongie, you saw how she was didn’t you?”

“Well, I mean yeah, she looked really startled, but it was just a dog unnie, you said so yourself. We can’t just spoil them whenever they cry, we can’t afford it.”

Nayeon cringed, “Right, you don’t know…”

“Don’t know what?”

Nayeon frowned and pulled her further away from the kids. She said quietly,

“Dahyunnie saw her mom when she went to get the marble, not just a dog. She started having a panic attack and that’s why Momo brought her back to the room to calm her down. Dahyun said she didn’t want her sisters to know about any of it so they wouldn’t worry. That’s why we said it was a dog.”

Jeongyeon got increasingly sad as Nayeon explained the situation. After thinking about it, she breathed,

“I’ll stay and watch her, you guys be quick and safe,” Nayeon grinned,

“Be back soon~”

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and smiled before getting up to nap with Dahyun until they got back.

 

 

“Dahyunnie’s gonna like mine the best! It has her favorite colors and feels so squishy!” Sana bragged and Mina stuck her tongue out,

“No, Dahyunnie’s gonna like mine because it smells nice!” She said.

“Girls settle down a little, I’m sure she’ll love all of them.” Momo said.

“mmm what will I love?” Dahyun mumbled, coming out with a blanket around her shoulders. Her eyes were slightly puffy and she had a slight wobble in her step but she looked much better than before. Jeongyeon held her hand and brought her over to the table where the rest of the girls were playing.

“Unnie! Lookie what we made for you!” Chaeyoung shouted, gesturing over the table.

“Yeah! Just for you unnie, so you can feel better” Tzuyu gave a toothy smile, holding up a glob of dark blue slime, some of it staining her hands. Dahyun giggled, coming to sit by her.

“aw thank you chewy, I love it.” She smiled, going to play with the various blobs of slime all over the table. Chaeyoung leaned her head on her unnie’s shoulder.

“Do you feel better now unnie? Nayeon and Momo unnie said a scary puppy made you cry…” she said, pouting up at Dahyun. Dahyun blinked up at her unnies who just nodded knowingly. Dahyun hugged her sisters,

“Yeah… thank you, I feel much better now.” The kids cheered,

“YAYYY”

“I knew she would love it!”

“Hey, I’m the one who came up with the plan!!” Jeongyeon put her hands over the twins’ mouths,

“shhh, they’re having a moment girls.” She giggled, sitting between them.

The girls all continued to play with their slime, making bubbles, adding glitter, and mixing colors while Jeongyeon and Nayeon went to go get something for dinner. Momo glanced at Dahyun who was watching her sisters play with her head on the table. Momo scooted closer,

“Feeling okay, kiddo?”

“mhm” Dahyun answered instinctively. Momo pursed her lips and hugged Dahyun into her side.

“It’s okay to not be okay y’know? You got all of us to take care of you now.” Dahyun just shrugged a little and Momo sighed.

“I know it must have been so scary honey. Unnie’s just like you y’know? I know exactly how you feel.” Dahyun looked up at her,

“You do? Why, unnie?” Momo pushed her hair out of her face,

“Unnie used to do the same thing you do for your sisters. Our papa used to be scary too, he’d hit us for no reason but I aways tried to take the hits for them. Just like you. I think you’re so strong Dahyunnie, I hope you know that. Because even I had a really hard time dealing with the responsibility of being the oldest when our parents were scary to live with, and I’m a lot older than you! You’re so much stronger than you think baby, I want you to know that all of us are so proud of you and we love you very much.”

She finished her short speech off and glanced down to see Dahyun’s eyes filling with tears. Momo jumped a little bit,

“Oh honey, I didn’t mean to make you cry--“ She was cut off when Dahyun wrapped her arms around her neck in a giant hug.
“Thank you unnie… I love you too.” Momo smiled and hugged her back.

“Come on, Dahyunnie. Let’s enjoy tonight, you deserve it.”