Always Running

Everyone Has a Story

A/n: Hi.... i know it's been a while again and i really don't want to just give you guys another excuse but just know, junior year is officially over for me!! So yes, i feel guilty for not being able to write on here since it's my only good story that's a series so i'm going to try and write more. It's literally been like 2 years since i started writing this so thank you so much for reading if you're still supporting this story :)) (p.s the thing that really brought me back to writing was all the comments yall left for me! Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to come back :) )

 

 

Nayeon and Momo shivered as they walked down to town square. They were sorta nervous to be in the middle of such a crowded area. After all, they knew how cruel and dangerous people could be.

"Nervous?" Nayeon asked as she nudged Momo with her arm. Momo nodded.

"What if we don't get anything? And we're pretty much throwing ourselves out where anyone could hurt us..." Nayeon frowned.

"Yeah... but that's exactly why we have these walkie talkies! And even if something happens, we have each other and we're pretty badass so I think we'll be okay," she said and Momo giggled.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The two girls actually ended up making a decent amount of money for their first time dancing in the streets, but not without a few stand-out encounters. They had set up near a little dance club so that they could dance to the music that was playing all night. It was sort of a given that they would come across a few people who were... not fully sober. Luckily nothing terrible happened and the few drunk people that talked to them were nice and only wanted to compliment them even if they smelled funny and were a little touchy and unbalanced.

 

"Momo, that was great! Lookit, we got like 23,000 won!" Nayeon exclaimed. Momo grinned and they high-fived.

"Awesome, this is how we're gonna make money! Imagine how we'll do once the rest of the girls learn to sing and dance!"

"I know right! C'mon let's hurry home so we can tell Jeong!"

 

As soon as the girls got home they jumped on top of Jeongyeon while trying not to wake the younger girls. 

"Ugh! What gives?" Jeongyeon groaned, rubbing at her eyes groggily. 

"Jeongie look!" Nayeon shook her while waving the money in her face. It took Jeongyeon a little bit to fully wake up but when she did, she immediately grinned. 

"Woah, oh my gosh! That's a lot more than I expected you guys to get, once we get everyone to learn too, we might have enough to actually get some toys for the kids!" She gushed and they all high-fived. Nayeon paused and 

"Okay okay okay, since we got some extra cash now.... can we pleeeeease get something for the kids? Like literally anything. They've been so good lately and they're always so sad when they see other kids with their parents getting them toys and stuff, they deserve at least a treat." Momo agreed. She's seen the way the twins were too and it honestly made her feel like a bad big sister. 

"Let's do it!" she said and jeongyeon interrupted, ever the buzzkill.

"-but it has to be cheap, okay? And we can't do this every time we get money, y'know that right?" Nayeon and Momo nodded their heads rapidly. And Jeongyeon laughed.

"Okay okay, we'll consider this a celebration for the first time we've earned money together. But we'll surprise the kids in the morning okay?" Nayeon pouted and Momo just giggled as they settled down to sleep.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

"Girls! Wake up, we have a surprise for you!" Jihyo groaned as she sat up. She rubbed her eyes and yawned as the other girls woke up too. Momo poked her head into their room.

"Kids, do you want the surprise or not? We can certainly go back to the store to return them if you'd like that." Jihyo's eyes widened.

"The store?? Whadya get?!" Momo just shook her head. 

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" Jihyo grinned and rushed to wake the other girls up, all of them groaning but excited at the thought of a surprise.

 

Nayeon smiled as she heard Jihyo screaming for the kids to wake up for her surprise. It wasn't much, just some marbles and a toy microphone, but she liked to think that the kids would love it anyway. And she was right. When the girls came and ripped them out of the bag they came in, they all celebrated and asked if they could play with them right away after thanking their unnies for the presents. The older girls just grinned and said they could skip the lessons today so they could have fun all day; they deserved to have fun anyway.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The kids have come up with a way to get the most fun out of their marbles; they would get scraps of cardboard and other things to make a little marble course and they would race marbles to see whose would win. Whoever won got to flick the rest of the girls in the forehead. It was great fun and they even got Nayeon, Momo, and Jeongyeon to join in. Dahyun walked up to them with sparkling eyes.

"Unnies, can you play with us too? It's so much fun, I know you'll love it!" Honestly, who could resist such an adorable smile? Not these three unnies, that's for sure. 

 

They ended up going through like ten races before a marble fell off the track and rolled away. The girls whined and dahyun giggled before going to run after it past the little alley they called home. She was still chasing after the marble when she tripped and scraped her knee.

"Ow!" She said, looking up. Just as she was about to get back up to grab the marble she saw someone familiar out of the corner of her eye. 

 

Eomma.

 

Dahyun got up as quickly as possible and sprinted away, forgetting the marble and with her knee still bleeding. Tears were streaming down her face as her breathing sped up to the point of Dahyun having to gasp to get any air in her lungs. She fell behind a dumpster around the corner from where their house was and tried to steady her breathing but it only got worse and before she knew it, she was in the throes of an anxiety attack. She had told herself she wouldn't get attacks anymore for her sisters' sake but she couldn't help it, she was scared out of her mind. Memories of her mother flooded her mind, paralyzing her in fear and rendering her helpless against her own body. She sat there and cried, struggling to breathe and just wanting to go home until she heard someone coming and calling her name. She cowered, thinking it was her mother. When the person came and grabbed her shoulder, she screamed and flailed around until the person hugged her gently, cradling her in their arms. 

 

"Shh... it's okay dahyun-ah, Momo unnie's here."