Dancing in The Street

Everyone Has a Story

Note: Momo-11 Sana and Mina(twins)-9

 

"...e-san, Nee-san! Look what we found!" The twins squealed as they frantically patted Momo's face to get her to wake up. Momo groaned.

"Girls, what are you doing?" She moaned as she rubbed her eyes and stretched. Sana grinned.

"Look it, look it! We found a lizard!" She said as she dangled the thing in front of Momo's face. Her eyes widened and she screamed an ear-piercing scream. Sana jumped and Mina covered her ears. Momo blushed as she realized that the strangers in the park were staring. She cleared .

"Please put that thing down before you catch a disease, Sana." 

 

Sana's bottom lips jutted out.

"B-but, I thought we could keep it like a little pet! I already got a name for him. His name is Momoru. Get it? Cause he's gonna be our protection from now on." She stated as her eyes sparkled and Momo just couldn't resist when her baby sisters did the puppy-dog eyes. She hesitated but reluctantly let the girl keep her lizard.

"Alright, fine. You two better take care of him, since he's our protection anyway." She joked as her sisters nodded rapidly.

"Yay! We get a lizard~ We get a lizard~" the girls cheered as their older sister smiled and packed up their things.

 

"Alright girls, we gotta start heading out to find a place to stay for the night. Don't worry, we can explore on the way~" she grinned and the twins did the same as they cheered and hurried to help their sister.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

"Girls, look! A street performer!" Momo exclaimed as they dragged their bags over to an area where a man was strumming a fast-paced song on his guitar. They hid their bags in an alley corner and made their way back to push their way to the front of the crowd. 

 

The man was focused on his music and seemed to truly enjoy making the crowd sway to his melody. He opened his eyes to look at Momo who was tapping her foot and dancing along. He smiled and pointed at her.

"Me?" She asked. He nodded and motioned for her to dance next to him so the crowd could see her talent. Momo shyly but happily made her way to the front to start dancing. 

 

The man started to strum a fast paced melody. Momo recognized the song as 'Dope' by Bts. She had heard it on the radio and had even seen the choreography before. So she started to dance along to the moves that she remembered seeing. Momo was immersed in trying to remember how the dance went and only realized halfway through the song that people were throwing money in a hat and cheering for her. Momo grinned and continued to dance till the song ended and the crowd cleared out.

 

She wiped her forehead.

"Whew, well that was fun." She said to the man. He chuckled.

"Looked like it." He looked at his hat full of cash.

"Here, you earned it." He said with a wink. Momo hesitated.

"No, no, no. I'm sure you need it more than I do anyway." She bluffed. The man looked at her.

"You think I didn't see you hauling those bags and your sisters around? Go on, it's fine. Again, you earned it." He said, offering the money to her again. Momo took the money after one more moment of hesitation. She bowed.

"Thank you sir." She said respectfully to the old korean man. He flashed a smile full of wisdom.

"Good luck out there kiddo. Take care~" he said as he walked away with his instrument in tow.

She watched as he walked away and turned to her sisters.

 

"Look girls! We got some money!" She said excitedly as she began to count it.

"2, 4, 6, 8, 10....15? It's only 15,000 won?" She was dumbfounded. She was sure there was more than that. Maybe her eyes were playing tricks.

"We got 15,000 won." She said again. Her sisters hopped around.

"Yay~ we got 15,000 won~ that's a lot right unnie?" Mina asked, using her korean for the first time in a while. Momo sighed.

"You know what? It is a lot! It's enough for us, and that's what matters!" She exclaimed as she dragged her girls back to that alley to pick up their bags.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Her eyes widened and she yanked her sisters back again. She covered their mouthes as she watched the figures searching though her bags.

"This isn't right, Jeongyeon!" She heard a girl say.

"Shh! I'm not gonna take anything, I just wanna see." The tall girl replied nonchalantly. Momo spotted a little girl hiding behind the one who scolded the girl searching through the bags. She turned to her sisters and told them to stay put. She slowly and quietly slunk closer to the corner, hidden from them as they were distracted. Suddenly she pounced on the girl that she heard was named Jeongyeon.

 

Then she was on the floor. She rubbed her head.

"Ugh..." she groaned from the ground.

"Nee-san! Are you okay?" She heard her sisters round the corner. She panicked.

"No, wait!" She closed her eyes, expecting the girl to flip her sisters too but all she heard was gentle cooing at the girls.

 

"Awww... Jeong, look at how cute they are, worrying for their sister like that." Jeongyeon looked away from Momo and at the tiny girls. She broke down into 'aww's and 'how cute's. Momo furrowed her brow and sat up to see her twins being pet by two strangers.

"Hey! Don't touch them! I swear if you flip them like you did me I'll-"

"Woah! Jeez, calm down. I'm just adoring the little cuties~" Jeongyeon uttered as reached to pet girls' hair. Momo stepped between them and pushed her back.

"If you think you can flip me to the floor and think it's okay to touch my baby sisters then I don't think we're gonna get along." She scoffed. 

"You were even trying to steal our stuff! So you better back up before I gotta back you up myself." She threatened as she rolled up a sleeve. Nayeon's eyes widened and she pushed Jihyo towards the other girls.

"Hold on, hold on! Don't you dare hit each other in front of the little angels!" She said. She turned to Momo.

"Look, I'm sorry about looking through your stuff. We were just curious since not many people pass through this alley and we didn't intend to steal anything, okay?" Nayeon acted as the peacekeeper and put out her hand.

"Are we okay now?" Momo looked her up and down suspiciously and sighed.

"Alright, fine. But make one more wrong move and I swear I will-" 

 

Sana and Mina ran up to Momo and started calling her name over and over again.

"Woah, jeez one at a time, can't you see that we're talking over here? Mina, you go first."

Mina grinned.

"Nee-san, can we have a play date with Jihyo-chan?? She's so nice and silly!" She asked in their mother tongue. Momo squinted.

"Jihyo-chan? Who's that?" Sana ran over to the girl and grabbed her hand.

"Sana, wait! She's not gonna hurt me is she?" The little girl dragged her feet as Sana pulled her along. She had seen how Momo almost beat up her Jeongyeon-unnie and she didn't want to get involved.

"Nah~ Nee-chan wouldn't hurt a fly!" She replied. Jihyo tilted her head.

"What's a 'Nee-chan'?" She said, confused.

 

Momo's face broke out into a soft smile. The little girl was adorable! She stepped forward towards Jihyo and reached to ruffle her hair but was stopped by Jeongyeon. Momo sneered.

"Hey, if I can't touch your girls, then you can't touch mine." She grinned in mischief. 

"Ugh fine, you can touch them but you better remember my warnings." She relented and immediately tried to hug Jihyo. The girl giggled and ran behind Sana. Momo laughed and ran after her.

"I'm gonna get you~"

 

The chasing eventually turned into a big game of tag and Nayeon just watched with a smile as the girls ran in circles. Momo looked back.

"Don't you wanna play?" 

"Oh, I would but my left leg is acting up again." She stated. Momo looked confused and Jeongyeon explained,

"She was in a car accident before Jihyo was born and it messed up her leg so it sometimes gives out when she stands." 

"Ahh.." she said in thought. 

"Has anything similar happened to you before?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah....apparently my older sister died in a car accident before these two were born. Then a few years after they were born, the same thing happened and my mom died."

"Oh, I'm sorry.." Jeongyeon said.

And the conversation carried on...

 

---------------------------------------------

 

The older girls stopped playing and went over to Nayeon.

"Aww.. what now?" Sana said. Mina grinned.

"Let's show Jihyo Mamoru!" She said.

"M-mamoluu?" Jihyo stuttered. The Japanese girls giggled.

"Ma-mo-ru." Sana pronounced slowly. Jihyo nodded.

"Okay, what's a mamoru?" She asked. Sana reached behind her back and Jihyo's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, you have a pet?! He's so cute!" Jihyo giggled. The girls put the lizard down and started running around with it as the sun started setting.