Prologue

Everyone Has a Story

AN: Chapter contains child abuse. Please do not read if you are disturbed by this sort of thing. Also This will be my first chapter series on the site! Thank you for reading :D

 

Jihyo and Nayeon watched in amazement from behind the girl as she smashed the trembling man in the face. The man fell to the ground trembling and stood to run away. 

The girl turned around and offered a hand to Jihyo who took it gratefully and stood up.

 

“Are you guys okay?” She asked. Nayeon nodded.

“Yeah. Thank you for helping us, I don’t think I would’ve been able to protect the both of us on my own. Where’d you learn to do that anyway?” The girl hesitated,

“Uh, well I’ve been on my own for a while now... I sorta had to learn to protect myself so I taught myself.” Little Jihyo’s eyes widened.

“Really? We’ve been alone for awhile too! You be wanna apart of our family?!” She bounced on her heels excitedly. Nayeon clicked her tongue,

“Jihyo-ya, You can’t just randomly ask a stranger if they wanna be a part of our family.” She scolded gently.

 

“Yeah, I’d like that..” The stranger replied as if she didn’t hear Nayeon’s protests. Nayeon raised an eyebrow. 

“Hmm..” She looked into Jihyo’s big puppy eyes and immediately faltered. 

“...alright then, I guess we could hang out with you. What’s your name anyway?”

“Oh, It’s Yoo Kyungw- I mean, Jeongyeon. Yeah, Yoo Jeongyeon.” Jihyo lit up.

“I’m Park Jihyo and this is my favorite unnie, Im Nayeon!” She exclaimed as Nayeon flushed. She nodded.

 

“We should head home now Jihyo-ya, it’s getting late. Are you coming Jeongyeon?” She asked when the girl didn’t follow. Jeongyeon hesitates. Then she smiles.

“Y-yeah. Let’s go.” ‘A family, huh...’ she thought as she traced the girls’ footsteps from behind.

 

 

“Sana Mina, Come on, we need to leave..!” Momo whispered harshly to her two little sisters. But the girls were scared.

“Nee-chan, what about Daddy? Is he coming with us?” Sana asked as she watched her older sister pack their bags. Momo shook her head as tears ran down her face. She turned to them.

“Girls, you need to understand that we can’t trust Daddy anymore, okay? Now come on, Mina put on your jacket.” She said as she made sure they had enough food to last at least a few days. 

 

She had stolen two suitcases from their shed and packed one with food and the other with clothes. They were almost as tall as she was but she knew she could handle the weight. Their father had passed out on the floor of his room after drinking and yelling at them again. He had almost hit Mina when Momo stepped between them and received the blow in return. She rubbed her swelling face as she got prepared to leave. 

 

As they slipped through the doors, Momo made sure to grab their father’s wallet to steal his money and left with her sisters in tow. She glanced behind her as the house faded away from view. She told her sisters to walk in front of her so she could look out for a place to sleep.

 

They eventually ended up at a park bench. It was hard but it would have to do. She set it up like a bed with blankets and a pillow.

“Come here girls, lay down.” She made sure her siblings were comfy before laying on the cold grass below them.

 

“Nee-chan, when will we go back to the house?” Mina said quietly. Momo looked away and frowned.

“We’ll go back when Daddy can’t hurt us anymore Baby Penguin, we can’t go back until you get big and strong okay? Promise you’ll grow up to be able to protect yourself for me.” Mina put out her pinky.

“I promise. I love you Nee-chan”

She smiled. 

“I love you girls with all my heart.”

 

 

Dahyun cowered behind her bedroom door as her mother pounded relentlessly.

"How dare you! I raised you with food and housing and you repay me with a B-?!"

"I'm sorry eomma! I studied! Please don't hit me again...!" She pleaded.

 

Chaeyoung looked at her unnie from under her bed. Ever since Dahyun's father died, she had moved in with her mother and stepsisters. Chaeyoung glanced at Tzuyu who was also hiding under her blankets. 

"Tzuyu..!" She whisper shouted. The girl peeked out from under the sheets with a questioning look. Chaeyoung waved the girl over. Tzuyu silently walked over, flinching as their mother pounded and threatened their unnie again. She hid with Chaeng under the matress just as their mother broke in.

 

"No! Eomma please..." Dahyun screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Pants down, over the bed. Now!" She said as she took off her belt.

"Not the belt! Please, anything but the belt eomma!" She backed up against the door again. Her mother scowled.

"Did I stutter Dahyun? Now!" She commanded.

Dahyun retreated and pulled her leggings and skirt down to receive her punishment.

"Count!" 

*Smack "One!" *Smack "T-two!" *Smack "Three..!" // *Smack "twenty three..." she whispered. She couldn't feel her behind anymore but she was sure that the whipping was to leave scars and bleeding. 

 

Their mother continued to whip their unnie until she reached fifty. By the time their mother left with a hard look in her eyes, Dahyun had gone unconscious on the floor. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were used to this by now and knew how to take care of Dahyun after the encounters. They were a year younger than their unnie but they seemed to take care of her just as much as she took care of them; They always looked out for each other. 

 

"Chaeng, go get the first aid kit, please." Tzuyu said. She was the one that usually ended up taking care of the injuries as she was interested in the field of medicine. Dahyun had ended up with a plethora of cuts and bruises along with past scars being reopened by the buckle of the belt. Tzuyu cringed as she wiped down the wounds with alcohol. She wrapped her unnie in different bandaids and applied ice so the swelling would go down as the poor girl slept. When she was done, the two worked together to bring Dahyun to her bed and tuck her in for the night.

 

The girls had a hushed conversation after the ordeal.

"We need to get out of here Chaeng." Her sister nodded.

"I know... I don't know how much more Dahyun-unnie can take." Together they devised a plan:

 

1 They would pack a case full of supplies 

and clothes and money.

 

2 They would find a cheap place to stay.

 

3 They would run away in the middle of the night so their mother wouldn't know.

 

They agreed and decided to ask their unnie's opinion when she became concious again tomorrow.