Chapter 4

Promise of the Past

"Hana. Hana. Kang Hana" someone called out to Hana. 

Hana finally woke out of her daydream to see Tzuyu looking at her worriedly. 

"What were you thinking about so deeply? The teacher has been calling you since this now" Tzuyu whispered to Hana. 

"Miss Kang, would you like to tell me what you have been thinking about? I have called you quite a few times now to read the passage on the board" the teacher said. 

Hana didn't like the tone that the teacher used so she stood up and read the passage without a single mistake before sitting back down. Everyone except Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung was visibly impressed at Hana.  

The teacher cleared and said "Well done. Please pay more attention next time". 

"If you knew I would do such a good job then you shouldn't have called me. You called me because you thought that you could get an edge over me unaware that I have been tutored by world-renowned tutors.  If you are going to teach in this school, it's best to learn fast who you shouldn't touch because one wrong move and there goes your career for life. Please do watch your tone as well. It's condescending which is something I do not like when someone speaks to me" Hana said in a threatening tone. 

The teacher gulped in fear as she said "Forgive me". 

Hana waved her hand and said "Go on". 

The teacher immediately went back to teaching as Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung smirked. 

"That's why you never anger the almighty Hana" Dahyun said. 

They laughed together as Hana cracked a smile. Soon, the bell rang as everyone immediately left the classroom and headed to the cafeteria. Hana and her friends walked by the teacher and gave her a cynical smile before they left the classroom. Once they left, they immediately bursted out laughing. 

"Did you see the look on her face?" Dahyun said in between laughs. 

"She looked like she was about to faint at the sight of us" Chaeyoung said. 

"She should have known better than to touch a member of the Kang family" Tzuyu said shaking her head. 

Hana on the other hand simply smirked and walked off with the others following beside her. They arrived back at the student council room. They saw all the 3rd years had already arrived in the room and was sitting around the dining table. Unlike the other students, Momo's family provided food for the Princesses. It was sent fresh from the restaurant every day as requested by Momo herself. Momo was busy stuffing her face with food while the other 3rd years were chatting about the recent stock market prices. (...They do..) Hana took a seat beside Mina while the other 3 took the empty seats that were left at the dining table. 

"I heard about what the four of you did in class" Jihyo said. 

The four 2nd years froze. They knew Jihyo had eyes and ears everywhere but they never expected her to find out that fast.

"I heard you nearly gave the teacher a heartattack. She was close to tears in the staffroom" Jihyo said. 

"It wasn't entirely our fault. That teacher was smug and she dared to challenge us. She even called Hana on purpose. Hana only told her what to expect if she continued to disrespect us" Dahyun said. 

"Enough. It's alright. I'm sorry for bringing you trouble, Jihyo unnie. I will accept any punishment you give me" Hana said. 

"I didn't mean it in that way. There is no trouble here. I just wanted to tell you that we had quite a laugh when we heard about it" Jihyo said as she stifled a laugh. 

The four 2nd years were confused. The 3rd years suddenly bursted out laughing as the 2nd years looked on shaking their head. 

"Yeah, we all heard about it" Nayeon said laughing hard.

Jeongyeon smiled and high fived Chaeyoung. 

Hana stood up from her seat while the others were distracted by the story about Hana and the teacher as she walked towards the huge window that looked over the school garden. 

"Is something bothering you?" someone said from behind Hana.

Hana turned to the back and saw Jihyo walking towards her. Jihyo stood beside Hana who shook her head. 

"No. Not that I know of anyways" Hana said. 

"You don't seem to be certain. Is it related to the company? Or...." Jihyo paused before saying carefully "Is the nightmares coming back?" 

Hana looked away sadly as she said "The nightmares have never stopped ever since the day I came back. My scars are still visible enough to remind me day after day". 

She rubbed the charm bracelets on her wrists. A habit that she had acquired as a child. Jihyo looked at Hana sadly. She wished she could have done more to help Hana. But what could a child do? 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought this topic up in the first place. It just reminds you of the unwanted past" Jihyo said.

"There's no need for you to be sorry. I know you want to help me but nobody can help me. Not even the best therapists in the world" Hana said. 

Jihyo remained silent.