Chapter 10

Promise of the Past

Hana was walking through the dance floor when she caught a glimpse of a ghost. Impossible. It cannot be. She.. She's in juvenile detention. Hana saw Joy. The cause of her pain. Her trauma. The girl covered her face with a mask and disappeared into the crowd. Hana walked and looked around. She shook her head. It's not real. You're just tired. Hana thought to herself. She looked up and saw Joy again. Her eyes widened in surprise as she ran towards the masked girl. The students however blocked her way as she pushed her way through. When she finally caught the girl, she was surprised. It wasn't Joy. It was Jennie. 

"Hana-ssi. How can I help you?" Jennie asked. 

Hana immediately let go and moved back. It's not her. Hana thought. 

"I'm sorry. About what happened a week ago. It was terrible of me to threaten you like that" Hana said changing the topic hoping Jennie didn't catch on. 

"No, it was my fault too. Mina told me that you wanted to apologise. It's alright. I understand that there are some things that really scares you" Jennie said. 

"Thanks for understanding. Well, I will go ahead with my routine checks. Enjoy the rest of the ball" Hana said. 

Hana's mind was preoccupied as she walked away. She felt someone tap her shoulder from the back. She turned and saw Sana staring at her worriedly. 

"Sana unnie" Hana said.

"What are you thinking about so deeply about?" Sana asked. 

Hana shook her head and said "It's nothing. I'm just a bit tired". 

"Jihyo's looking for you. Let's go" Sana said as she pulled Hana with her. 

The other members had their own private corner away from the students. Hana approached them and saw that Mina was nowehere to be seen. She must be with Jennie now. Hana sighed deeply. 

"Hana, we've been looking for you" Nayeon said as she hugged Hana. 

Hana smiled and said "Sorry, I've been busy". 

"The planning and decorating did an amazing job. You and Sana did great so stop worrying and just enjoy the party" Jihyo said. 

Jeongyeon handed Hana a glass of Dom Perignon. They raised their glasses and cheered before drinking. 

"Where is Dahyun?" Momo asked Chaeyoung. 

"I don't know. She said she was going to the toilet. She hasn't been back for a while" Chaeyoung said. 

"Speaking of gone, I haven't seen Mina either" Sana said. 

"Isn't she supposed to be with Jennie?" Tzuyu said.

Hana thought about it. She had seen Jennie a while ago. Without Mina. 

"Let's go check the toilet" Hana said. 

The 8 of them left the ballroom together and headed to the toilet. Jihyo and Chaeyoung went in to check but they came out a few seconds later shaking their heads. Nayeon decided to call her but it went into voicemail. 

"Did she say anything before?" Hana asked. 

"No, she looked fine when she left" Chaeyoung said worriedly. 

Hana was worried. She tried to call Dahyun again but it went into voicemail again. Just then, she saw Mina texted her. She looked up at the same time everyone did. They all received the text at the same time. They opened the message and was shocked.