Chapter 2

Promise of the Past

 

An entourage of 9 cars had also arrived just a few minutes after Hana did as they lined up in perfect orders. The drivers got out from the front and opened the back doors allowing 9 beautiful girls to step out of the car. Their bags were also handed to them as the drivers bowed and left when they started to walk in. All their uniforms differed from the other students in addition to having two different uniforms just for them. (The uniforms are the clothes they wore on SBS Inkigayo Ep 982 and Music bank Ep 955) It was meant to symbolise their titles and the difference in their ranks. It was something the school had strongly suggested. As they walked through the hallway, students began to cheer and call out to them, screeching at the top of their lungs in hopes of getting their attention. 

They were used to all the attention so like Hana, they ignored the fans. Just as they were walking, Mina stopped when she heard something intriguing. *I heard someone confessed to Hana-sunbaenim this morning. But as usual she was rejected coldly and even insulted. I pity the girl but she did try to give Hana-sunbaenim store bought jewellery. I heard she had liked Hana-sunbaenim for a while now* Mina chuckled. It was so like Hana to reject someone so coldly. Hana would never accept just anyone's gift. Things like Swarovski was too cheap for someone of her status and high standards. I never understood why all these foolish people think they can capture Hana's heart by giving her things like that. She was, no they were on a whole different level than they were. Mina thought to herself shaking her head. She was shaken out of her thoughts when she felt someone pat her shoulder. She turned to the right and saw Sana's worried face.

"Mina, is something wrong?" Sana asked. 

"It's nothing. It's just too noisy for my liking" Mina said.

Sana nodded as they continued walking towards the elevator. They got on and headed for the 4th floor. The elevator pinged. They walked out and headed for the student council room. Jeongyeon pushed open the doors as the 9 of them were greeled with the sight of a sleeping Hana. Nayeon cooed as she walked towards Hana. Her squeals had woken Hana up as she rubbed her eyes. Nayeon squealed at how baby-liked and innocent Hana looked. 

"Aigoo, my cute baby. You must be exhausted. Come to mummy Nayeon" Nayeon cooed as if Hana was a 2 years old baby. 

Hana stared at Nayeon who had her arms wide open with a judging look. Instead of going to Nayeon, Hana stood up and went towards Mina. She wrapped her arms around Mina's waist and placed her head at the crook of Mina's neck. She felt Mina hug back and pat her head gently. 

"How could you, Kang Hana? I am your mother and yet you ignored me and went straight to Mina. I refuse to accept this" Nayeon grumbled and sulked like a child.

"Nayeon unnie, aren't you too old to grumble and sulk? You aren't exactly 5 years old anymore. Plus the whole mummy thing creeps me out. I always wondered how is Tzuyu able to keep up with your antics" Hana said. 

"Kang Hana. You little brat. Come here, I'm going to smack you. You are going to get it for insulting the great Im Nayeon" Nayeon screamed loudly.

 Nayeon marched towards Hana who immediately hid behind Mina so she could protect her against the raging bulldozer named Im Nayeon. 

"Hiding behind Mina and putting her in fron of you ain't going to work. Get over here" Nayeon said as she attempted to hit Hana who avoided.

Just then, Jihyo's loud voice said " That is enough, Nayeon. It's too early to be fighting". 

Nayeon stopped and scoffed as she walked away. Hana then walked to Nayeon and gave her a big hug. Nayeon didn't exactly resist. 

"I'm sorry, Nayeon unnie. I went too far. It's just fun to tease you" Hana said. 

Nayeon reciprocated the hug and said " I will forgive you on one condition. Tell me whose baby you are? If you do, you are forgiven or not, I won't forgive you". 

Hana groaned. There was no way she was saying something so cringeworthy. But Nayeon looked so expectant. 

"I'm Im Nayeon's baby" Hana said reluctantly.

Nayeon smiled widely because smiled he knew how much Hana hated saying it. 

"President unnie. The reports on the recent disciplinary cases are almost done. I will bring it to your office later. There are also some punishments that I need you to approve and sign" Hana said as she looked at Jihyo.

"Understood. Good work" Jihyo said as she headed into her office. 

Mina walked towards Hana and said "You must still be tired. Don't tire yourself out. You'll get sick". 

Hana nodded happily as Mina waved and headed to her own work table. Hana was usually a cold and expressionless person in front of others but with her friends, she is usually very smiley and kind. Hana had trust issues because of what happened when she was a kid. Because of that,  she had obtained a trauma that she cannot get rid of no matter how many times she visited the psychiatrist. A trauma only selected people knew.