Chapter 13

Promise of the Past

They didn't need to wait long. By noon, a call alerted the whole house. Hana picked it up. It was Hirai Kaito. 

Hana - red , Hirai Kaito - blue

*I have what you asked for. Come to xxx warehouse*

*I got it. I have sent you all her details. The rest is up to you. Try not to frighten the poor girl in your attempt of reconciliation*

He ended the phone call but Hana was sure that he heard her. She picked up her jacket and car keys and was prepared to leave when she heard Jihyo calling out to her.

"Where do you think you're going? Was that Hirai Kaito? He's already captured her. That's where you are going now. Aren't you?" Jihyo questioned. 

"I am going alone. All of you stay here. I don't want anyone else getting hurt" Hana said. 

"No, you are not. We are in this together. Mina and Dahyun are also our friends. If anything, we will do everything we can" Jihyo argued. 

"Jihyo unnie. I will not risk you getting hurt. None of you must get hurt" Hana argued back.

The others had heard their argument and hurried over. 

"What is going on here?" Nayeon asked. 

"Nothing. Go back and finish your breakfast" Hana said.

"Momo's uncle found Jennie. Hana was going to go alone so I told her that we are all together. That we will go with her. That she was not alone" Jihyo said. 

Everyone stared at Hana who turned away. 

"Jihyo is not wrong. You shouldn't do this alone. Jennie is the reason why Mina and Dahyun was kidnapped. She deceived everyone and helped Joy. We will deal with her together" Jeongyeon said rationally. 

Hana sighed deeply. She had given up already. There was no way she would win over 7 people. 

"Fine. We are leaving right away. He told me to go to xxx warehouse" Hana said.

The others rushed after her picking up their car keys. They got into their respective cars and drove off in one line. 

Image result for fast and furious 8 cars in one line 

The warehouse was on the outskirts of town in an abandoned industrial area that was closed off long ago. They arrived in front of the warehouse as they stopped their cars and got out. Hana pulled open the metallic doors and saw Hirai Kaito standing with 4 men around him. In front of them was a battered up Jennie Kim tied to a chair. Her head lolled around. Hana exchanged glances with Hirai Kaito who nodded at her presence. He left the 4 men with her as they bowed once they saw her. He ruffled Momo's hair before leaving the warehouse. Hana walked towards Jennie and grabbed hold of her chin and pushed her head up so they were looking straight at each other. 

Hana smirked and said "Jennie Kim. Did you really think that you could escape after the stunts you pulled? I knew you would be trouble one day". 

"It hurts to lose someone special. Doesn't it? Do you feel like your heart is being ripped to pieces? You are anxious all the time because you have no clue how they are. Whether they are safe. Are they being tortured? Are they even still alive? All these questions are constantly swirling in your head" Jennie said weakly. 

Hana clenched her fist as she said coldly "I will give you one chance. You either cooperate with me or I destroy everything you love. I am more than capable of doing that and you already know".

Jennie glared at Hana and said " off. I will never help the likes of you". 

Hana pushed Jennie's head away and stared at Jennie with a look so cold, it could freeze the Sahara desert. 

"So be it" Hana said. 

She pulled out her phone and called someone. She put the phone on loudspeaker. Screams of help could be heard. It triggered Jennie who immediately struggled against her restraints. 

"YOU BASTARD!!!! LET MY FIANCEE GO. SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS" Jennie screamed out. 

"I told you to cooperate. You should have listened to me when I was being courteous. Now, you get to hear your precious fiancee suffer. You know, the most interesting part is your fiancee happens to be Park Joy's cousin. Tsk!" Hana said. 

"Let her go. I'll do anything you want. Just. Please" Jennie cried out desperately.

Hana told them to stop. She then leaned down. 

"Don't ever play with fire. Didn't your mother teach you that. Tell me where Joy is hiding" Hana said. 

"She is hiding out at one of the warehouses that my family owns. It is at xxx. I haven't seen her for a while so I have no idea what she is doing to your friends. I swear. She only asked me to get close to Mina and trigger you. She said that once she was done with you, you would be begging her for your life. I don't know any further than that" Jennie said. 

"If I find out that you are lying. You better be prepared to lose your fiancee. Because I never forgive those who hurt those I love and lie to me. Don't bother running because no matter where you hide, I will always be able to find you" Hana said darkly. 

Jennie nodded in fear. Hana commanded the men to untie Jennie and let her go. 

"Why did you let her go?" Momo asked. 

"Yeah, what if she tells Joy?" Sana asked. 

"Don't worry. Hana knows what she is doing. That girl won't go to Joy. She already experienced first hand what Hana can do to her" Jihyo said. 

"What do we do now then?" Nayeon asked. 

"We save our friends. Then, I will skin that alive" Hana said darkly.