Final

Promise of the Past

Unable to stop their anxiety, they ran back to the warehouse and was shocked. There was droplets of blood on the floor. They saw Hana holding onto her left arm. Her shirt and hand were stained with crimson red blood. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joy had pulled the gun and pointed it towards Hana. 

"DIE!!" Joy screamed angrily. 

She pulled the trigger but she felt something hit the gun out of her hand making her wince. She saw blood flowing and saw Hana holding onto her arm. The bullet had hit Hana's arm instead missing her vital organs. She gave Joy a smug smile. 

"I'm not stupid enough to come alone. I brought my own help. You see I have a lot of connections and that includes contract assassins" Hana said. 

"You were willing to risk your life" Joy said. 

"I was. If it meant stopping you. I will never allow you to put others through what you did to me" Hana said. 

Just then, police sirens blared as the police arrived on the scene. They immediately cuffed Joy and brought her away. Hana's friends on the other hand rushed towards Hana. She gave them a pained smile. 

"Let's get you to the hospital" Nayeon said. 

"I'm fine" Hana said. 

"HOW IS THIS FINE? WE ARE LEAVING RIGHT NOW" Jihyo screamed. 

They then got into a car and drove to the hospital where Jihyo immediately barked orders at the doctors and nurses. They took Hana, Mina and Dahyun to separate treatment rooms. The doctor had to pull out the bullet lodged in Hana's left arm. After they did, they wrapped her arm and asked her to stay in the ward for a few days. The other girls came into Hana's ward. 

"You fool! Why didn't you tell us about your plan?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Because I know you would react this way. But it worked" Hana said. 

"What if it didn't? What would you have done then? How could you be sure that the bullet wouldn't have killed you? You are so stupid! Do you understand the pain you would bring your family? Us?" Jihyo questioned angrily. 

Hana pulled Jihyo into her arms and said "I'm sorry, cuz. I worried you. I lied to you. But I did it for your own good. I'm fine now and that's what matters. Joy is also caught and this time I will make sure she goes in for life".

Jihyo bit back a sob before pulling away. 

"You best be sorry. You owe me ice-cream and egg tarts" Jihyo said. 

Hana cracked a smile and said "You can have as many as you like". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week had passed since the incident. Hana was seated in a visiting room. The door opened revealing Joy in cuffs as she sat down in front of Hana. 

"Come to mock me?" Joy asked. 

"No, I'm here to show you how well I'm doing. You've lost, Joy. It's time to admit that you lost" Hana said.

"I haven't lost. No. I broke out before and I will again" Joy said. 

Hana pulled out her phone and showed Joy a picture of Jennie and Rose's house. 

"I won't harm them. You know why. Because I'm not you. I don't bring other people into my mess because I can't stand them getting hurt" Hana said. 

"Don't act so high and mighty. You are a monster just like me" Joy said. 

Just then, a guard came in making Hana smirk. 

"You are right. I am a monster. But only to those who deserve it. As you already know, I have an extremely powerful family and my father happens to know the minister of justice. Well, let's just say he put in a little favour. You remember him, don't you? After all, you did knock him out and escaped. That won't be happening this time. You will be transferred to a maximum security prison where you will never get a chance to escape. And he will be your guard again" Hana said. 

Hana got up and stared at Joy coldly. 

"Don't ever miss with a Kang. Most certainly not my friends" Hana said. 

She then left Joy who was screaming and banging the table. Hana then got into the car and told her driver to head to the hospital. She soon arrived as she grabbed bags of food that she had gotten on the way to the hospital. She walked and opened the doors into the ward. She smiled when she saw Mina lying on her bed playing her computer games. Mina didn't even notice Hana walking into the room as Hana placed the food on the table. She then pulled Mina's laptop away making Mina glare at her. Hana chuckled. 

"I think that's enough, Mina unnie. You are still in the hospital for a reason" Hana said as she closed the laptop. 

She placed the laptop on the table as she started unpacking the food for Mina. 

"Says you. You are also suppose to be in the hospital. Resting. Instead you are walking around carrying heavy things" Mina said. 

"I'm fine. The doctor confirms that too" Hana said

She placed the variations of food in front of Mina. 

"Here. I didn't know what you wanted to eat so I just got a little of everything. Sushi, samgyetang, stir-fried beef, a mix bento and some tteokbokki" Hana said. 

"Do you have my.........." Mina was cut off by Hana. 

"Yes, I do. I wouldn't forget your precious ketchup" Hana said as she placed the big heinz ketchup bottle in front of Mina. 

In the middle of eating, Mina stopped eating which worried Hana. 

"Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" Hana asked worried. 

"When I was kidnapped, how did you feel? Were you concerned? Worried?" Mina asked. 

Hana looked surprised as she said "Of course I was. Everyone was". 

"Hana. I am going to ask you a very important question. You have to answer me truthfully" Mina said seriously. 

Hana put her chopsticks down and said "You're scaring me. What is it?" 

"Do you like me more than a friend? What I'm trying to say is do you see me as a woman?" Mina asked nervously. 

Hana went silent. 

"And if I said I do. If I said that I have always loved you since we were 10, what would you do?" Hana asked. 

Mina pushed the hospital table and pulled Hana closer to her. 

"I am going to do this" Mina said before crashing her lips onto Hana's. 

Hana was stunned as she forgot to move but soon she found herself responding to Mina's agressive kisses. Mina's hands moved to wrap around Hana's neck as they momentarily forgot about the outside world. Needing to breathe, they finally pulled away. 

"I have always liked you too since we were 14. But I thought you would treat me more like a friend. I was worried that if I confessed, I would damage our friendship and I don't ever want that" Mina confessed. 

"We were the same then. I thought you treated me more like a younger sister so I couldn't say a word" Hana said. 

Mina chuckled as she said "We are so stupid. We wasted all those precious years". 

"Then, let's make the rest of them count. I know that it may be too early but I have always wanted to do this. Myoui Mina, would you marry me? Be my partner for eternity" Hana said sweetly. 

Mina nodded and said "Always". 

"Our promise of the past has finally came through" Hana said. 


THE END

Thank you to all those who have read and commented on Promise of the Past. It has been quite the journey but I thank you for being such good readers. Please continue to support my other fics. Love your author, H.