Chapter 4

Not One But Three

“Annyeonghaeseyo…”

“Annyeonghaeseyo…” answer Dr. Sunwoo and he turns to see the person who greet him.

“Aaa… Sorry, for disturbing! Are you the doctor that treat patient with name Mr. Lee Seunggi, right?” ask a woman with a smile.

“Yes,” answer Dr. Sunwoo. His eyes didn’t even blink at the woman in front of him. He froze seeing a woman wearing green blouse with black jeans. Her hair that pass the shoulder decorate with a ribbon makes her looks beautiful.

“Ouh... I just want to ask about Mr. Lee Seunggi condition.”

“Mr. Lee… His condition is stable for now and if there is no problem, he will out around next week.”

“Ouh… Thank you,” said the woman.

“Aaa… May I know who you are?” ask Dr. Sunwoo. He never saw this woman before.

“Hmmm… I’ve got to go.” The woman went out leaving Dr. Sunwoo.

Dr. Sunwoo froze at the place while his eyes still at the woman.

“Sunwoo Oppa!” Dr. Sunwoo is surprise when someone calls his name. He sighs. She’s coming.

“Oppa!” Juyeon watch the man in front of her. Handsome.

“What now? Aren’t you come here already yesterday? Don’t you have any work to do?” ask Dr. Sunwoo. He is fuzzy with Juyeon’s behavior. Every day she will come to the hospital to see him.

Juyeon’s behavior that is too jealous makes his work ruin. Talks with the nurse, she will get furious.

“I miss you, Oppa”

“Oppa, do you like my new hair? I went to the salon to cut hair this morning. I use a dolly style. Beautiful, isn’t?” ask Juyeon showing her new style hair.

“Yes… Beautiful,” said Dr. Sunwoo.

Suddenly, Dr. Sunwoo fish out his Iphone 7 from his white coat that his wearing.

“Aaa… Juyeon-ah, I’m sorry… I have something to do. There is an emergency case,” said Dr. Sunwoo and went out of there.

“Oppa!” call Juyeon when Sunwoo leave her alone. She was about to ask Sunwoo to have lunch together but he has work to do. It’s ok, tomorrow I’m coming.

Sunwoo fasten his moves. He just pretends that he got a message from the hospital. He wants to free himself from Juyeon. Sunwoo is sighs.

Ever since, he knows Juyeon, his life becomes a mess. Juyeon always follow him. He is kind of fuzzy about that. He already told Juyeon that they both are just friends only. Juyeon is a bit stubborn.

Juyeon doesn’t have any specific his ideal type unlike that woman. He smiles wide when he remembers the woman he met.

= = =

Sooyoung went near the two ladies who just sit at a table in Jjang Restaurant.

“Just got back from work?” ask Sooyoung.

“Yes, auntie.” Said Seohyun is tying her hair.

“What would you like to order” Sooyoung sit beside Jihoon.

“Menu?” ask Jihoon.

“Do I have to bring the menu? For many years, you both come here still want the menu? This is your Omma’s restaurant. Did you forget?” said Sooyoung to Jihoon.

Jihoon is chuckle.

“The usual, auntie.” Said Seohyun. A smile occurs.

“The usual?” Sooyoung scratch her head.

“Did you forget? For many years already, we both have been favorite costumer of this restaurant. Did you already forget that, auntie?” Said Jihoon.

“Yah, You always have opportunity to smash me back. It’s good think you become a lawyer.” Said Sooyoung.

“Hmmm… We would like two lemonade, one Bibimbap and one Kimchi fried rice, please” tell Seohyun softly.

“See, it’s easy for me if you both told that earlier. Clear.” Said Sooyoung is stand up.

“Oh, Did Omma calls you guys?”

“She did call us yesterday. Why, auntie?” ask Seohyun.

“Did she say something?

“Nope.” Said Seohyun.

“Say what, auntie?” ask Jihoon.

“Nothing… Uhm… I better go to the kitchen.” Said Sooyoung.

“It’s like there something that Omma need to tell us something but she didn’t. I wonder what it is. I think Aunt Sooyoung knows but afraid to tell us. It must be the connection on why Omma is at Korea. I need to ask her…” Jihoon is stand up.

Seohyun’s hand is fast to grab Jihoon’s arm.

“Don’t make a scene here, Jihoonnie. It’s ok if Aunt Sooyoung doesn’t want to tell us… maybe Omma is the one that need to tell us,” said Seohyun.

“When?”

“When it’s time… Now, sit down!” said Seohyun. Her tone is rough. She doesn’t want Jihoon to make a scene here. Seohyun looks around the Jjang Restaurant that had been open for 15 years already. Yoona and Sooyoung are the one that creates it. Many customers come to eat there. Most of the customers are Korean.

Jihoon’s face becomes sour. She really wants to know. She just sits down. She looks at her twin. Wondering what Seohyun been thinking right now. Seohyun’s motto is waits and sees… She really wants to know. Jihoon is bit her lips.

= = =

“Yoona…” A smile is occurs when Lee Seunggi sees Yoona in front of him. His eyes see a young lady stands behind Yoona. The young lady is smiling at him.

Lee Seunggi adjusts himself on the bed. He is happy because Yoona agree to see him.

“How are you?” ask Yoona.

“I’m fine… And you? Are you okay?”

“Fine”

“Uhm… This…” Lee Seunggi stares at the lady beside Yoona.

“This is my daughter. Haknyeon… Haknyeonnie, greet Mr. Lee Seunggi.” Said Yoona.

After hear Yoona’s words, Haknyeon went great Lee Seunggi.

Lee Seunggi’s tears drops the moment when his hand touch Haknyeon’s hand. He holds Haknyeon’s hand. It’s sad seeing Haknyeon growing up without a father.

“I’m sorry, Haknyeon-ah. Appa is sorry…”

Haknyeon is shock hearing the word Sorry by her father.

“Appa, don’t be like this. You’ll never make any mistakes at Haknyeonnie. Why would you say sorry? Past is past…”

“Haknyeonnie…”

“You just got heal. You have to take care of yourself.” Said Yoona.

She is really happy seeing Lee Seunggi accept Haknyeon but… what about Seohyun and Jihoon? Can they both accept Lee Seunggi in their life? Yoona is confused. Can she tell Lee Seunggi about her other children?

“Yoona, I’m really sorry. I’ve make mistakes towards you. I’ve also hurt you. For the past 2years together, you never lived happy with me.” Lee Seunggi on what he had done before. The marriages that their family makes was build without love. That time, Lee Seunggi really hates Yoona because she accepts marry him even thought Yoona is just his gardener’s daughter. Yoona don’t deserve to be his partner.

“You, past are past. In facts, I’ve already forgive you. Not a tick, I’ve want to revenge on you. I make that we not destiny to be together.” Yoona say softly.

What had done by her husband, she already forgave. The reason why she doesn’t want to step at Korea is she doesn’t want to disturb her husband’s relationship with Saeron.

“Thank you, Yoona…” said Lee Seunggi.

Yoona’s behavior is really different than Saeron’s. He really makes a wrong choice. He stares at the woman who he misses the most.

Yoona is still beautiful even if she been in her early 40s. Her face didn’t even show her real age. He wants chance, he want to stay together with Yoona. He wants to redeem his mistakes. He wants to ensure the happiness at Yoona and Haknyeon.

“Uhm… I hope you get well soon. Uhm… We will go back to L.A this weekend. Afraid to leave the house for long.” Said Yoona. She really worries her two daughters at there.

“What? This weekend?” Lee Seunggi is shock.

“Yes, I can’t let my patient stay long as there.” Haknyeon said. She looks at her mother.

“But…”

“There are a lot of things at L.A that I need to do. I can’t leave my restaurant for long at L.A. Uhm… While I’m here… There is something I want to discuss about… I know this is not the perfect time to say but… I need to settle this thing before I went back.” Yoona say carefully.

Haknyeon looks at her mother. Discuss what? Her mother never tells her about it.

Lee Seunggi stares at Yoona who look careful what to say.

“Uhm… I don’t want to cause trouble. I also don’t want to disturb your relationship. So, I want a divorce.”

“Divorce!” shout Lee Seunggi. He shocks after hear Yoona’s words.

“Omma!” Haknyeon is shock. Divorce. Is this the thing that she wants to discuss that makes she doesn’t want to go back L.A.

“Yes, you already have a family… I don’t want to makes thing difficult. It’s been 26 years, we had live our way. So it’s time to end it.” Yoona said softly. This thing she had been thinking for long.

“No! I will not divorce you. Whatever happens, I will not divorce you.” Lee Seunggi is angry for sudden. He will never let Yoona go. He will not make more mistakes. Now Yoona is in front of him, he will never let her leaves him.

Yoona is frozen with Lee Seunggi’s words.

“Aaa… You don’t understand. I will never want the money from you. About Haknyeonnie, you still can see her as her father. I just ask for divorce only. You have Saeron now.” Yoona said.

She was surprised seeing Lee Seunggi become angry. Yoona is afraid. Before, if Lee Seunggi becomes angry, her cheeks will become the target. She will never forget about it.

Haknyeon is surprise seeing her mother reaction. She holds her mother’s hand tightly. It’s cold.

“Omma…” Haknyeon call.

“No! You are still my wife and the mother of my child. Do you think I will grant your wish? Whatever happens, I will never let you go. Never!” Lee Seunggi said loudly. Suddenly, he cough and the pain at his chest suddenly come.

“Appa! Appa!” said Haknyeon. She surprises to see her father’s face become pale. She went near him.

“Omma!”

But there is no responds from her mother.

“Omma!” shout Haknyeon.

Yoona is shock and look towards them. She sees Lee Seunggi holds his painful chest.

“Omma, call the doctor.”

Yoona hurriedly went out and call a doctor. Then, Yoona come with a doctor and a few nurse. Yoona feel worry.

Dr. Sunwoo went check Lee Seunggi.

“I’m a doctor, can I help?” ask Haknyeon.

Dr. Sunwoo is shock seeing a lady talking to him. It was the lady that he sees a few days ago.

“Can I?” Haknyeon ask again after receive no responds from the doctor.

“Sure!” said Dr. Sunwoo who then checks Lee Seunggi’s pulse.

“Omma, you went out first. If anything happened, I will tell you. Don’t worry,” said Haknyeon at her mother. She knows what in her mother’s mind right now.

Yoona nods her head and went out of the room. She silently prays for her husband.

= = =

“What?”

Haknyeon distance her ear from the phone when she told her sister about their delay to go back to L.A.

“Appa is sick again”

“I don’t care. He already has a fiancé and children, right? Why would you and Omma have trouble to take care of him?” Jihoon is anger. She is furious when she heard from Haknyeon that they will come back the end of the month.

“But Appa is still Omma’s husband and our father, Jihoonnie.” Said Haknyeon.

“I don’t care about that. For 26 years ago, he had been chasing away Omma. Their relationship as husband and wife was over. It’s over.” Said Jihoon.

“Jihoonnie!”

“I’ll just give a few days at you! Next week, if you and Omma still haven’t back yet, I’ll come there and take both of you back to L.A. Understand?” Jihoon say before she hangs the phone.

“Jihoonnie!” Haknyeon is sighing when Jihoon already hang the phone. Haknyeon sighs again. If Seohyunnie and Jihoonnie know that Appa is not going to divorce Omma, it will become worst. What if they will come to South Korea! It will become a mess.

“Who is it, Haknyeonnie?” Yoona ask as she just went out of the room.

“Jihoonnie”

“Did Jihoonnie become mad when she hears that I will stay here a bit longer?” Yoona understand her second daughter.

“Hmm… Yes, Omma. She told me that if we didn’t come back next week, she will come and takes us. You know what will happen if Jihoonnie come?”

Haknyeon can’t imagine if Jihoon is here. If… If Seohyun is also here too… She can’t imagine more if they both see Lee Seunggi. A big mess…

Yoona is smile. He can imagine what will happen. Jihoon and Seohyun’s behavior are different from Haknyeon. Haknyeon is kind and easy to forgive while Jihoon is a strict person and the words that come from her are sharp like knife. Even if she only says one word, the word is too deep.

Seohyun is quiet person, stubborn but when it comes to decision, don’t ever think she will change her decision and she also is furious. When she starts to get angry, her action is faster than . If there is someone hurt her… that person is sure is dead in her hand. If… Seohyunnie and Jihoonnie really come to Korea. She has not yet told them both about her ask for divorce. If they know it… Yoona is worry.