Chapter 3

Not One But Three

Saeron throw away her phone after receive a call from Tiffany. All the stuff on the table, she throws it. She is furious when hearing that Lee Seunggi has awake from the coma. Her dream is to take his entire money, ruin. Saeron is shouting loud.

“Why is it so hard for you to die?” shout Saeron. All her dreams have ruined.

“Mummy! What’s wrong?” Minkyung went inside Saeron’s room. She was surprise to hear her mother yelling when she went upstairs. She also shock to see the room.

“That old man hasn’t died yet. He already awake from the coma.” Tell Saeron.

Minkyung smirk. “Ouh… You make me went suspend! Already awake but doesn’t heal yet. Don’t worry anytime he will die.”

“How long we have to wait?” I’m bored to taking care a sick people. Now, my entire dream is ruined. Not even single money we will get,” said Saeron.

“Mummy, you’re too selfish. If for 26 years you can be patient, how about right now? Ouh, Mummy… your entire sugar baby will never go anywhere,” Minkyung smirk. She knows her mother attitude who likes to go clubbing. The younger man is the one she will choose.

“Minkyung, are you harsh about me? All this dressing up beautiful, where are you going?” ask Saeron towards her oldest daughter. Her makeup is kind of heavy. Is there any party? Almost every night, she will go to a party. Ask to work at the company, there are many way to run.

“I am going to see my beloved! If you can see your beloved, why can’t I?”

“You mean, Ji Hyunwoo.” Saeron is weird to see her daughter’s behavior. Only Ji Hyunwoo is at her eyes. There is nobody else. Why Tiffany’s son is the choice? She and Tiffany are not even close.

“Yes. Who else? The only one… My love is only for Ji Hyunwoo.”

“I don’t understand with you, Minkyung-ah… What is so special about Hyunwoo?”

“Mummy! Hyunwoo Oppa is my ideal type of man. He is handsome, educated, has money and perfect. My prince charming. Well, our status is in level.” Said Minkyung.

“Alright then… But you’re the only one who so in love with Hyunwoo while he looks like he didn’t care about you. He is trying to avoid you.

“Mummy… Love takes time, okay! Love need to be patient. One day, Hyunwoo Oppa must be fallen in love with me. You’ll wait and see.”

“Huh… The same words that I always heard many time from you. There is no result at all.”

“I’m too lazy to talk with you, Mummy. Always hurt me.”

“Yah… Aren’t you going to follow me to see your father?” ask Saeron.

“For what? He is not even my father. I’m going now.” Minkyung went off. There is no use to see him at all. I better see my beloved Hyunwoo Oppa.

===

“Sunwoo-ah, yesterday when I awake, have you seen two women in this room? Ask Lee Seunggi to the doctor.

“Nope, uncle. Only Aunt Tiffany is here. Why?” ask Dr. Sunwoo weird with the question from his dad’s bestfriend.

“Aaa…” Lee Seunggi becomes quiet. Am I drunk? Even for 26 years, I never forget Yoona’s face. My eyes will never lies. The young lady… that hold my hand. Her face looks like Yoona even her eyes looks like…. But it can’t be…

“Uncle” said Dr. Sunwoo. He feels shock when seeing Lee Seunggi suddenly become quiet. Now, Lee Seunggi is in stable state.

“Yes, Sunwoo… Can you call Aunt Tiffany?”

“Alright, you need a lot of rest. Don’t think negative that will make you stress out, okay?” Sunwoo is advice Lee Seunggi.

A few minutes later, Tiffany went inside with a basket full of fruits.

“Seunggi Oppa! How are you today?” ask Tiffany with a smile.

“I’m fine…”

“Aaa… Where is Saeron? Did she come today?” Tiffany search for her cousin’s girlfriend.

Seunggi’s face change when hearing his girlfriend’s name.

“I don’t care about her anymore. She rather likes me to death.”

“You can’t do that, she still your girlfriend anyway.”

Tiffany knows. After a few years of dating Saeron, their relationship looks not stable. Maybe it’s because of their action towards Yoona years ago.

Lee Seunggi sighs. “Tiffany! When I’m unconscious days ago, who else is there beside you?” ask Seunggi want to knows.

Tiffany shock after hears what her cousin ask.

“What are you saying, Oppa? I don’t understand?”

Lee Seunggi looks at Tiffany. She immediately sees elsewhere…

“Did you hide something from me?”

“N… No!” Tiffany is fast answer. She had promise Yoona that nobody knows about it, if she broke it, Yoona will leave to L.A and never come back to Korea again.

“Tiffany! I’ve known you. I know you are lying to me. Talk now… A few days ago, Yoona, is it? Yoona come, right?” ask Lee Seunggi.

“Oppa! You have to understand my situation.”

“So it’s true, Yoona come to see me. No wonder when I’m in coma, I’ve heard her voice.”

A smile is there. It’s been a long time he had searching for Yoona. He wants to apologies because of his mistakes. He suddenly remembers something.

“The young lady with Yoona a few days ago… She… She…”

“Yoona unnie’s daughter,” answer Tiffany.

“So, she’s… my… my…” Seunggi’s face becomes bright.

“The time you chase away Yoona unnie out, she was pregnant for 2months already.”

“What? But… But why she didn’t tell me?”

“For what she told you? Is it to make her more miserable? Forget about it… That time you were head over heel at Saeron. Yoona unnie also have dignity,” said Tiffany.

She remembered it, she was so angry at her cousin’s action. At that time, she was pity at Yoona. When she knows that Yoona got chase away, she was so surprised. She really wanted to help, but she can’t find Yoona.

Lee Seunggi is silent for awhile. He knows, he makes mistakes towards Yoona. He really feels ashamed to look at Yoona but he wants to apologize.

“Tiffany, I want to see Yoona and my daughter.”

“For what? You want to begin a war. If Saeron knows about Yoona, she will gone mad. I don’t want anything to happen at Yoona and Haknyeon. Like you didn’t know your girlfriend’s behavior.”

“But… I really want to see them, Fany. Please help me. About Saeron, don’t worry about it. I will manage it. About Yoona, we keep it secret first. Fany, please! I really want to see Yoona and my daughter.” Plead Seunggi.

Tiffany is sighs.

“Okay, but… I have to ask Yoona unnie first. About she wants to see you or not, it’s not my business.”

“Alright.” Lee Seunggi smile wide.

= = =

 


“Haknyeonnie! It’s been a week you and Omma are at Korea. When are you going back? We both are bored here with just the two of us. Always see Seohyunnie’s face, I’m bored.” Said Jihoon after her sister pick up the call.

Haknyeon laugh after hears Jihoon’s words. This is the first time, the three of them been separated. They are always together from kindergarten until university. Even if they take different course, they are so close. She also misses her twin sisters.

“If miss us, come to Korea then”

“For what?” Jihoon’s voice is changes.

“Visit Appa. Appa already awake from coma,” said Haknyeon.

Jihoon become quiet after hears Haknyeon’s words. Haknyeon is puzzle with Jihoon’s silent.

“Hello… Jihoonnie! Jihoonnie!”

“Yes.” Answer Jihoon.

“Uhm… Jihoonnie.” Haknyeon don’t know what to say. She knows that she is wrong to say but she didn’t know why her sisters hate their father because the one that suppose to hate him is their mother.

“So, how long are you and Omma going to stay at Korea?”

“Omma said maybe Sunday we will going back to L.A. She wants to solve something before going back to L.A.”

“Solving what?”

“I don’t know. I’ve ask Omma yesterday but she didn’t want to tell.”

“Hmmm… Okay! See you on Sunday. Send my regards to Omma.”

“Okay, send my regards to Seohyunnie. Bye”

“Bye,” Jihoon ends the call.

“Who’s calling?” Seohyun went near Jihoon. She just got back from work. Seohyun went lay down at the sofa and close her eyes. Tired…

“Haknyeonnie.”

Seohyun opens her eyes.

“When are they going back?”

“This Sunday, they will go back.” Said Jihoon.

“Good.” Seohyun close her eyes again. She feel relieve hearing Jihoon’s answer.

“But… that man has awake from the coma.”

Seohyun opens her eyes again. Her eyes see Jihoon who still holding her phone.

“Really?”

“Are you sure that Omma will get back with that man?”

“No way! Never. Isn’t that man hates Omma. He already has a girlfriend… Omma is nothing in his life.”

“Yes, that’s right… If that man cares about Omma, he will search her long ago, right?” said Jihoon.

Seohyun is worry about her mother and her sister. She is worry, if Lee Seunggi knows Yoona have children, he will never let her go. His relationship with his girlfriend doesn’t have any result of children. In secret, she searches about the man’s profile.

“What puzzle me right now… Haknyeonnie tells me that Omma want to solve something before come here,” tell Jihoon.

“Solve what?”

“Don’t know”

“Haknyeonnie?”

“She also doesn’t know. Omma doesn’t want to tell her.”

Seohyun’s forehead crouches.

“If Omma and Haknyeonnie don’t go back on Sunday, I will go to Korea and brought them both back. Don’t worry, Seohyunnie.” Jihoon can read what her twin sister’s mind. Seohyun can only smile. If Jihoon went to Korea, for sure their mother get headache.

= = =

Tiffany holds Yoona’s hand tightly.

“Please, unnie! Seunggi Oppa wants to see you. He already knows that Haknyeon is his daughter.”

Yoona takes a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Haknyeon only keep quiet at the corner.

“I know… Seunggi Oppa has make lots of mistakes towards you. He really wants to see you and apologize. That’s it.” Convince Tiffany.

“Tell him that I’ve already accept his apologize. What had done, it’s just fate. We both are not meant to be together anymore.” Said Yoona softly.

“But Seunggi Oppa really wants to see you and Haknyeon. If it’s true that you already accept his apologize, then why you don’t want to see him?”

“Tiffany, did you forget?”

Tiffany confused for a while.

“Saeron. I don’t want because of me, I’ve ruin their relationship.”

“About Saeron, you don’t have to worry, ok. Seunggi Oppa will manage it.” Said Tiffany.

Yoona look at Haknyeon.

Haknyeon knows what her mother is thinking. She will always follow whatever her mother decides to do.

“Alright… I’ve also have something to discuss about with Lee Seunggi.”

Tiffany confused. Discuss about what? Yoona’s face looks serious.