LeaMak Line Cooking Dinner

Shooting Star

Sowon stood in front of the stove, stirring something in a red pot. She could hear light fluttering outside of the small building, which she could easily tell was the flapping of wings. Sowon heard a light thud as the fairy landed and she heard the door creak open. Umji walked over to the older girl and wrapped her arms around Sowon's waist.

"Can I help with something?" Umji asked the vampire. Sowon hummed as she thought about anything she might help with to complete their simple dinner, which was vegetable soup.

"Could you cut up the celery and carrots?" Sowon motioned to a cutting board not too far from the stove. Sowon could feel Umji nod her head lightly against her back before she felt the fairy's arms detach from her waist. They worked in silence for a while before Sowon spoke up.

"So, why did you want to help?" Sowon looked away from the pot to give Umji a questioning look. Umji sighed dramatically but never stopped chopping the vegetables in front of her.

"SinB wouldn't leave me alone. I knew she wouldn't follow me here because you'd kick her out... so she couldn't burn down our kitchen," Umji whispered the last part to herself but Sowon was able to hear. The vampire let out a small laugh thinking about all of the times SinB had nearly burned down their small kitchen. She could practically hear the young werewolf yelling 'But I did what you told me to do!' 

"Understandable. What was she doing?" Sowon asked as grabbed the finely chopped carrots from the cutting board, dropping them into the broth. 

"Yerin was bothering her so she was bothering me," Umji calmly said but Sowon could sense the annoyance in Umji's voice. This was a daily occurrence and poor Umji was always caught in the middle. 

"So you flew away from them?" Sowon was always entertained by her friends and how they always seemed to annoy each other. Umji nodded in response to the vampire's question.

"I can hear SinB yelling at Yerin," Sowon told Umji as she laughed. Her heightened vampire senses allowed her to hear the werewolf and angel yelling back and forth, with SinB cutting Yerin off whenever she tried to speak.

"They're always yelling," Umji told Sowon, who laughed at the younger's straightforwardness. Umji grabbed the celery she just cut and threw them into the pot that Sowon then resumed stirring. Sowon took a spoonful of the soup, blew lightly on it to cool the soup off, and took a small bite. She looked slightly puzzled but scooped more onto the spoon. Sowon repeated the same actions except she put the spoon in front of Umji's mouth, who ate it without a second thought. 

"It's missing something," Umji said to Sowon who was searching the kitchen trying to figure out what was missing from the soup.

"Do we have tomatoes?" Umji suddenly suggested. Sowon snapped her figures happily and ran towards the refrigerator. She pulled out a tomato and immediately went to the cutting board Umji was at a few minutes earlier. Sowon diced the tomato quickly and added it to the soup. She took more soup on the spoon and offered it to Umji. The fairy ate the soup, smiled, and gave Sowon a thumbs up. Sowon smiled happily and turned the stove off so the soup wouldn't get too hot or burn.

"Can you go get the others while I set the table?" Sowon asked as she set a pot holder in the middle of the table. Umji nodded and ran out of the door to tell the other girls that dinner was ready. Sowon sat the pot on the pot holder, sat down in one of the seats, and waited for her five kids to barge through the door.

Hello~ I was having trouble deciding which pair to write about but Umji and Sowon are cute together so I wrote about them. If you have any ideas, please let me know! Thank you for reading <3