Awe

Apocalypse

Can you pull in Leviathan with a hook

or tie his tongue down with a rope?

His breath kindles coals.”

                         -from a forgotten book



07:05 p.m. 8 miles away from the wall. The remains of an old civilization suffered in ringing silence after the detonated bomb.

K. Jisoo stood on top of a large fence post as still as one. She watched the structure in front of her crumble down, fire the remaining concrete. Damn right her babies are more powerful. Did not disappoint her a bit.

She counted seconds and with a flick of her thumb ignited the switch and started another explosion, this one a lot less potent but so much brighter than daylight, along with it she mouthed “Boom”. Waves of undulating heat blew some of her dark hair away from her face.

She listened satisfied with the wails of the bloodthirsty crawlers inside the building It'll summon maybe a hundred more, just as planned.

 Both her hands on the ready gripping the handles of her guns. As expected, hungry eyes then glowed around the edges of the light dome she created.

“Good”

Grotesque abominations of nature revealed themselves getting closer to the explosion’s origin. Jisoo is a convenient distance away, but she still shivered at the sight.

The heft of what's in her hand becomes the only real thing for her. She fires aiming right between the eyes. A sure thing to shut the monstrous things up one bullet one crawler, empty shells rain down her feet.

But she abruptly stopped. Something-someone caught her attention,there in the hellish vortex of fire, on top of the glowing rubble stood a girl. In surprise Jisoo just stared wide-eyed and her lower jaw hanging.

Her mind short-circuits in a series of shocks when the enigma of a girl starts to move, light on her feet yet full of strength she tears the creatures creeping up on her with her hands. Red locks brilliant but untouched by the fire, smoke rises from her skin from the burnt blood of the crawlers under her mercy killing the rest and stepping over their remains, bare feet squelching on gore.

 

"How could someone be so beautiful and terrifying at the same time?

 

Stillness.

 

The girl turned her head and the rest of her body towards Jisoo’s direction who've been watching the whole time and is still frozen. The embodiment of mystery took a step then two and soon is running toward her.

In a breath the girl reached Jisoo and jumped up tackling her to the ground with the redhead astride her so she couldn't move. Her back flat on the grassy ground everything happened in a millisecond Jisoo closed her eyes and tries to swallow but is dry. 

This is her end, by the hand of a ravishing girl-monster.