Promise

Apocalypse

“THIEF” cried the man pointing his tattooed finger at the culprit.

 

The said miscreant stared with wide eyes around her.

 

Lisa wanted to contend first with a sentence that starts with “I didn't steal anything” or “I'm innocent” but judging from the looks of the men who somehow looked like male bulls, "Wait,are there female bulls?” She's got no chance to talk this one out.

 

She pulled her black hoodie lower and bolted through the doorway lightning fast.

 

“After her!”

The men pounded the pavement with their large feet.

She's so much faster with her longer strides feeling confident until she heard the distinct roaring of motorcycle engines.

“Well ”

She turned into a corner and discovered it was a cul-de-sac the end wall soon stood looming in front of her,

What kind of ery has this day got into? It's not even one o’clock in the afternoon yet

The large people hot behind her heels turning the same corner made her decide real quick, shaking her head and mussing her bangs she took more than a couple steps back and jumped. Scaling the ragged wall. It is high enough to keep out what should be kept outside, but she's determined. She knows what's behind it, and she doesn't care. She's sure the men would kill her knowing what she stole, or worse maybe even turn her over to the government. She wouldn't risk doing what she’d usually do, the place is heavily monitored.

“Speak of the tiger”

She muttered as she punched a small camera attached to the wall and used it as a step ladder to go over the other side. From this side the wall is smooth, almost a pleasure to touch. Lightly landing on her feet she hasn't even broken a sweat she thought proudly the height didn't bother her. She snapped her head upward when she heard a gunshot from above then a harsh voice “No don't shoot her ya , we need her alive, but yeah ya can wound her.”

Lisa sprinted across the grass covered concrete that offers lesser traction she looked back

“Those filthy fools, they'd even follow me here, wow they even brought ropes.” She thought in amusement.

She then made a beeline to a far fence covered with barbed wire, fitting her slim body through a thin opening, unfortunately the wire got her hopelessly tangled, it tugged on her hoodie.

Against her will she wiggled out of the clothing and left it behind with a heavy heart.

 

“I’m sorry Dad, I'll come back to get it, I promise.”

 

She didn't stop running she's been maintaining her speed for God knows how long, only then did she stop when she reached a shallow river.

 

Meanwhile, the bullmen who scattered to look for her were already disheartened. Wearily making their way back to the wall.

 

“If we didn't get her, the damn creatures will" said one with a nose-ring.

They laughed but their eyes flit to the shadows, now suddenly aware of what might come to attack them despite the exhaustion they quickened their pace.

The wall is still three turns away when they heard a low growl and the presence came closer to them.

“Freeze, they can't see in the light but they can sense movement”. One cautioned, a gunshot soon followed the statement.

“Stupid, I thought you had sense in you, a shot won't kill it, but it's howling would bring more of it's kin-...”

One by one the men fell the last thing they saw are bare jagged teeth that are mostly fangs tearing their throats.