Nostalgia

Apocalypse

The smell of old wood tickled her already itchy nose, but it is comforting.

Beads of sweat on her brows drip down her eyes as she dragged the box closer, careful not to disturb the explosive powder nestled inside.

The floating sawdust swirling along the single shaft of the 4:00  afternoon light looked too pretty that she just had to pause and stare at the mesmerizing motes.

It reminds her of the snow back home.

 She is always like this, always hungry for all things lovely.

Later the sight would be replaced with something different and ugly.

            Shaking her head she turns her attention back to meticulous measuring of nitroglycerin and antacid.

It's gonna be exactly eight times more powerful than her usual babies, she thought with a smirk.

Not a moment later she's already writing her initials on the large cylinders.

 

7:00, right when darkness had completely enveloped the land, a loud and violent release of energy travelled in waves shaking the earth.

Razing a burning building to the ground. Inhuman screaming and chaos all around.

      A piece of aluminum flew, forgotten among the debris.

The handwriting on it that the heat made permanent glints with the fire's glow, etched in small handwriting is “K.J.PPOONG!".