Fate

Apocalypse

"That's mine." That much is obvious. Jennie thought, her pupils dilated with that lavender scent the air carried.Without her bidding the rods on her irises contracted, changing the colors of her eyes, reflecting the green foliage. The disappointment is visible. The owner of her newly favored clothing has come to take it back, technically she's the one who's been stalking her minutes ago. She had to part with the black hoodie so soon,  but she did not blink once when the girl who is claiming it ascended the tree with her long limbs and unbelievable speed.

She hated it that she's impressed. 

“You look even more stunning up close”.

The girl grinned, displaying a perfect set of teeth. Her slender body with wide shoulders leaning forward. Jennie tilted her head to stare back at such misplaced confidence, assessing how she'd eliminate this problem, she is Jennie Kim and she doesn't give back what she takes. From out of nowhere she saw a dart fly straight to the taller girl's neck. The girl tried to say something but she  slipped down the branch and fell with a thud on the forest floor.

Jennie's right hand grip tightened around her dagger. Her smile widened,  well the problem took care of itself quickly, lady luck is on her side. In a split second another rain of darts came whistling through the air, What luck, she thought.

Jennie turned and with the flat side of the blade she swatted all the darts away, not risking cutting through it. Something toxic might be inside.

"Show yourself."

She jumped down and landed next to the  girl. She checked her pulse. Still beating.

“Manoban really is our best tracker.” The hulking man said, looking at the unconscious girl on the ground.

He emerged from the bushes like a grizzly bear he is.

“Meanwhile you aren't the best at aiming.”

Jennie answered as she stood up and assumed her usual stance.

“Thats just too bad isn't it? You have quite a lot of fire in you but I could see you're so easy to find that, that-- The large man observed motioning at  the oversized black hoodie Jennie is wearing -found you long before she did.”

Jennie bristled “On the contrary, I found this  first and I was tracking her, she's mine.”

The man chuckled “Oh, so possessive. Unfortunately, she's company property now, and so are you.”

"No one could ever own me, who are you anyway and what do you want from me?" Jennie answered.

The annoyance in her voice evident. The giant of a man just scowled, reached for his dart gun and fired. "Too slow." Jennie said leaping through the air latching on the forearm that fired the dart. She concentrated on her left hand until she could feel her ligaments and knuckles snap into place. Claws that of a cat's emerged through her fingertips.

"Too soft." She said with a smirk, noticing the deep scrape lines she made that ran along the man's forearms to his bulging trapezius muscles.

Her blade made a sweet line too. She could cut him into ribbons. The man grabbed her by the neck and flung her to the farthest tree. She skidded on all fours "Ugh, too strong." She thought stabbing the ground with her dagger to gain her momentum, she'll play along.

The man charged, an enraged bull on steriods. Matching Jennie's speed he tried to lunge for but the agile cat-girl dodged. Her muscles coiled and tightened launching herself off the top of his head. She brought him down in a tackle that ended with a leg lock around his throat. The veins on his forehead pulsated in his effort to free himself.

The sound of his gagging reverberated through the woods, along with the rustling leaves. She spoke into his ear.  

"I'm used to fighting opponents ten times larger than you, now I'll ask you again, who are you and what do you want from me?"

"K-krunk, my name. Mr. Yang sent me and her, Manoban, to find and take you to the company."

Jennie did not loosen her hold, but her eyes widened at the familiar name.

She glanced at the unconscious girl lying on the ground.

"Yang, as in Yang Hyun Suk?"

"Yes."

The guy Krunk coughed it out. With that Jennie stood up and said"Okay, take me to him."

Krunk looked at her incredulity showed on his face.

"Let's go." Jennie motioned with her head to the girl."Don't forget to bring her too."

Krunk hastened to follow the command given. He dares not disobey.