Strange

Apocalypse


Her instincts kicked in. 

She saw the drawn dagger of her assailant. 
She danced without cruel intent, but she’s about to kill.

As if in a trance Rosé performed her routine under the unthinking muscular memories. 

Her tendons stretching tight, muscle strings snapping taught and letting go resulting in quick flashing movements.  

The attack had caught her in surprise but her reflexes did the rest of the work.  

All the mechanism in her body flowing smoothly like newly gears.

The recoil of every shot of action 
boosts her feet faster in a winding line, gaining speed and power. 

This is the opposite of clarity 
she does not know what she is doing but she knows that what she intends to do will happen. 

She never wished death upon anyone but this is what she’s conditioned to do.

Right now, she is Rosé and she’s seeing red, just red from behind her closed eyelids. A hollow explosion followed the sudden flood of very bright light.

She has seen this light before. 

She hears her name being called over and over again, when she opens her eyes she sees a familiar face. 

Jisoo. 

The name hung in her mind. Her very presence has suspended Rosé’s entire system. 

For thesecond time in her existence she’s pulled out from her stupor while she’s conscious. 

A long silence ensued. 

“Rosé answer me, don’t just stare at me like that!” 

“Did I shed blood?” Rosé asked and lifted her hands to her face, they were clean. 

She let go of the breath that she did not know she was holding in.

“You flew at each other, I had to set off a light bomb to prevent a mess.” Jisoo answered calmly.


“It turns out both of you are really sensitive to intense lights. Lisa is taking care of the other girl 
now, come.” Jisoo helped her up and Rosé let her. 


Her warm hand still holding Rosé’s cold one they both make their way to the two girls. 

One is busy tying down both ankles with a rope. The one on the ground she recognized as her attacker who is slowly gaining consciousness. 

Rosé felt a hollowness when Jisoo let go of her hand as she fished something from inside her backpack. 

“Lisa, you said she belongs to the feline clan, I think this will help.” Jisoo threw a vial toward her. 

“Such a waste to use this on her, but it’s enough to hold her back when you tell her why Yang sent both of you to meet us.” 

“You haven’t properly met Rosé here. She’s the one I told you about, Rosé this is Lisa.” Jisoo answered. 

“Oh right, your girlfriend and why do random pretty girls have a thing for wearing my clothes?”  She glances at the one who’s out cold on the ground “especially my favorite hoodie, but for you Rosé you can have that.” 


“Thank you.” Rosé answered almost inaudibly but smiled a little, now she’s referred to as Jisoo’s friend and she’s given permission to wear these comfy clothes too. 

“No, she’s not my girlfriend.” Jisoo replied. 
Rosé can’t help it but blurt out “I’m not?” 

She felt tears sting her eyes a little, just why does she have to feel this way? She didn’t need friends before.

Jisoo looked at her for a moment. 

“Ah, yes Rosé. You can be my girlfriend if that’s what you want.” A slow smile spread across her face just like a slow sunrise she watches from her cell window back then. 

“Okay lovebees, both of you are dripping honey but let’s go.” Lisa said while lifting the girl over her shoulder.
“We’re going to go get some equipment for this little hunting party we have.” 

The unusual group moved toward the setting sun. To the West where Rosé hopes she'll find who she's been looking for.