One

My Star

"Noona, I need a job. Can you help me?" Ask Hakyeon as he give desperate look at the woman in front him.

"Why? Whats wrong?" Ask Hana as she look at the man weirdly.

"Well, I already resign. I don't think I can work there anymore. They are too much," said Hakyeon as he look down to hide his sad face.

"What have they do?" Ask Hana as she hold Hakyeon's hand.

"As usual. They said I'm used to be a e. They call me with various name. , . I can stand it if they talk about me. But, when they dare to talk about my daughter, they already crossing the boundaries. They call my daughter useless. They said she will be like me," told Hakyeon as he take deep breath to control his feeling.

"So, what did you do?" Ask Hana ad she expecting that man will explode.

"I beat them. I pull their hairs and throw them on the floor. I slap their filthy mouth. I don't care anymore. My patience already come to the end," reply Hakyeon as he smirk. Feeling satisfy on it.

"Good job Hakyeon. So, you got fired?" Hana really feel glad to hear what had Hakyeon do. His coworkers are rude. She know they are jealous with Hakyeon.

"No, I resign," reply Hakyeon that make Hana raise her brows.

"My boss, he met me after the fight. I already know that he want to fired me. But, you want to know what he said to me? He said if I still want to work there, I need to sleep with him," Hakyeon told Hana another shocking news.

"What the...," Hana show a disgusted face.

"I kick his ball when he said that and I resign. The boss and the workers are same. Filthy and rude. I don't want to work there anymore," said Hakyeon as he rub his face roughly.

"You make a good decision, Hakyeon," said Hana as she pat Hakyeon's back. "So, about the job, I think I have one," continue Hana as she stand up and take a file.

***

"So, now you will work as a maid?" Ask Jaehwan when Hakyeon sit in front him with a cup of tea for him.

"Not a maid. Its housekeeper," said Hakyeon as he pout.

"Its the same," reply Jaehwan as he roll his eyes.

"I heard what have you done. Nice work hyung," said Jaehwan as he smile at the man.

"I still have my pride, Jaehwan. They always look down on me. Insult me. Its enough when my own parent disowned me and throw me away. I'm glad you and your family want to help me when this thing happen. Thank you so much," said Hakyeon as he hold Jaehwan's hand.

"Hyung, enough with this thank you. You have been thanks me everytime we meet. I just do what friends always do. By the way, my parents love you more than me. What can I do? They also love Byul so much. You can see how much they spoil her," reply Jaehwan. Hakyeon just laugh when he hear his words.

"Yeah, you're right. These toys, dress. All of them bought by your parents. They adore her too much," support Hakyeon.

"Omma," call a girl in sleepy voice. They can see the girl walk toward them as she rub her eyes cutely.

"Good evening, my star," said Hakyeon when the girl sitting on his lap.

"Good evening, omma. Good evening, uncle Hwannie," greet Byul as she bow slightly at Jaehwan. Her eyes still close as she burried herself in Hakyeon's embrace.

"She so cute," Jaehwan also adore this girl so much. Hakyeon just shake his head as he rub Byul's hair softly. This girl is a miracle for him.

***

Hakyeon since that day, he work as a housekeeper. The house is quite big for someone who live alone. The house has four rooms. The main bedroom, guest room, reading room and an office. There two restroom, kitchen and veranda. This house is perfect for a family. Hakyeon really want to stay in this kind of house. It big and comfortable. But he think he will feel quite lonely if he stay here alone.

Hakyeon wear his apron and take a deep breath before he start to tidy up the house. As what Hana told him, this house was left for almost five years. But the previous housekeeper keep this house clean. As Hakyeon wiping the dust on the table, he saw a photo of a man. A quite handsome man. Hakyeon take the photo and stare at it fro a while. "Handsome," praise Hakyeon as he wipe the dust on the frame before he put it back on the table. He continue his works until he feel satisfy. "This work is quite easy," mumble Hakyeon as he wear his coat and go back home. But before that he need to pick up his daughter at the kindergarten.

***

Hakyeon open the door and put his coat on the sofa. He then wear the apron and start to do his job. Then he realise there dirty dishes in the sink and also rubbish in the dustbin. He can see some empty beer tins on the table.

Suddenly he hear a loud sound came from the bedroom. "Is there any robber here?" Hakyeon start to panic as he look around to find any weapon. He then take a broom and walk closer to the room.

He open the room door and look around to find any suspicious person. He walk around it with confuse face. There no one there. Then he heard another sound that make he jump little bit. He turn around and look at the bathroom where the sound come from. He hold the broom tighter and walk toward the bathroom with thumping heart. 'Hopefully not a ghost. Not a ghost,' Hakyeon keep praying in his heart.

As he want to hold the knob, suddenly the door opened that make he scream as he swing the broom. Easily the broom caught by the stranger and pull away by him.

"Who are you?" Ask that man. 'The voice is quite soft for a robber or a ghost,' think Hakyeon who still closing his eyes. He open it slowly and can feel his heart beating fastly when his eyes caught the hot figure in front him. Hakyeon can see he is glaring at him. With the wet hair and torso. Only in his towel. 'Oh my god,' Hakyeon can feel his heart stop beating for a while. Is he already dead? Is he in heaven right now because he see an angel in front him. "Who are you?" Hakyeon can hear that man ask him the same question when he does not answer. He blink his eyes few times as he try hard to remember where he has he saw him.

Hakyeon then realise that this man is the same man in the photo. It mean he is the owner of this house. Hakyeon who finally realise about it fastly give ninety degree bow to that man. "I'm Cha Hakyeon, the new housekeeper. Nice to meet you sir," Hakyeon introduce himself.

"I'm sorry. I though you are a robber," continue Hakyeon honestly. "Yeah, whatever," that man walk away from Hakyeon and open his bag to take his clothes. Hakyeon can hear that man mumbling as he look at his white shirt.

"Emm let me iron the shirt for you," offer Hakyeon as he walk closer to that man and hold out his hand to take the shirt. That man just give the shirt to him without saying anything. "Emm how about the pants?" Ask Hakyeon as he look at that man.

That man take a black pants and give it to Hakyeon. "I'll be right back," said Hakyeon with a smile before he leave that room. Without he know, that man smile slightly as he watch Hakyeon leaving.

 

"Sir, do you want me to make breakfast for you?" Ask Hakyeon when that man enter the kitchen.

"I don't think there has any food in my fridge," said Taekwoon that make Hakyeon realise about it and nod his head.

"If that so, how about my sandwich? You can eat it," offer Hakyeon as he take his lunch box.

"Its okay," decline that man as he pour the hot water in a cup to make coffee for himself.

"No, no. Please have it," said Hakyeon as he open the lunch box and give it to that man.

That man look at him and the sandwich for few times before he take it and eat it. Hakyeon can see that man's face change when he eat the sandwich. "Its delicious," praise that man before he walk toward the dining table to sit. Hakyeon put the sandwich on the table before he start to do his job.

He does not realise that man already finish eating the sandwich and drink his coffee. That man leave him alone at the kitchen and go back into his room. "Hakyeon," said that man to gain attention from Hakyeon and it work. Hakyeon turn around and look at the man who already in his work suit. Handsome.

"Please do some grocery shopping for me," said Taekwoon as he put some bills on the counter.

"Ok, sir," reply Hakyeon as he nod his head.

"Just call me Taekwoon. Oh yeah, the sandwich is so delicious. I hope you can make it again tomorrow," continue Taekwoon before he leave the house.