e l e v e n

Hoodie Girl || k.th

Your POV

I'm currently lying comfortably on my bed thinking about what happened last night. Yesterday was Taehyung's birthday. My brother decided to throw a small home party for him and we all were cooperating for the first time. The party was a huge success and Taehyung was incredibly happy and i was even more happier because he decided to reveal about himself to me on that day.

That night was just like Christmas Night. We made ourselves comfortable on the garden bench. However, this time it wasn't awkward at all. We cracked lame jokes and said the most random things ever. It felt like we were meant to be real good friends all this time.

''Happy Birthday Taehyung.'' 

He chuckles. ''You already wished me earlier (Y/N). Anyways, thank you.''

I smile at him and poke his shoulder. ''I just gave you a present. I didn't properly wish you. Ah- and i hope like the book on photography. I just didn't know what to get you until Jimin mentioned you have a love for photography.'' His eyes brighten up and he nods excitedly. ''It was perfect!''

''(Y/N)-ah, i think it's the right time to tell you about myself.'' His deep but, soothing voice speaks out to me. I look over to see him looking up at the starry night sky. I hum in response and he continues after a small sigh leaves his lips.

''I was supposed to go to University this year and it was my dream to study there. My life became difficult too. My mum passed away when i was fourteen and my dad's job doesn't pay enough for us to live let alone the University fees.'' He sighs and looks down. I don't know how to respond to him so i touch his hand. In turn he links our fingers together and gives me a smile. That smile made me want to hold him tight and say everything was going to be okay but, i sure didn't have the courage to do that.

''I miss my mum a lot and my dad is having a hard time too. I try to be independent just like you. I honestly hate having others deal with my problems. So, i got a teaching job in our school. I graduated quite recently from Seoul High. The University offered me a half scholarship and the only way to pay the rest of it is through my job payment. The University told me they will reserve my spot till the end of next year.'' 

I just don't seem to know how to react to situations like this. Before i can continue with my thoughts my bedroom door bangs open with a loud sound and a very pissed off looking Eunji walks up to my bed and glares over at me. ''Eunji, why are y-''

''Do you think this is the time to be dreaming?! There's four more hours for New Year. I repeat. Four more hours!!! All i see is you lazing around like a damn pudding. You are supposed to be ready. We were planning to go to the Town Square right now for the whatever function going on!'' Yeah, she manages to cut me off. I wanna tell her she looks like a bull but, i might lose my limbs if i do so. 

''You sound worse than my mum but, for your information i'm already dressed up to go.'' I say this while getting up from the bed and showing her my outfit.

She looks at me disapprovingly and rolls her eyes as per usual. I wonder if her oblique and rectus muscles are working properly. ''Really? High waist skinny jeans and a crop sweater top?''

I nod at her. ''To finish off I'll top it with this magnificent Hoodie your cousin gifted me for Christmas and I'll look 'S L A Y' of course.'' I even spell out the letters on the hoodie to make it clear that Eunji is not going to mess with my style right now. ''I want this to scream 'comfortable' at me and it's freaking howling 'comfortable' at me.''

''Whatever floats your boat (Y/N). Suit yourself. At least you could have tried to wear a dress like me!'' She twirls to show off her dress. ''It's not a big deal Eunji.''

''Yes, it is. Mingyu is gonna be there with me and I'm positive he's my New Year's kiss.'' She says dreamily while looking at nothing.

I make a 'cluck' sound with my tongue and scoff. ''You've got it all sorted out. I'll just enjoy the fireworks in peace.''

She pokes my forehead. ''Let's celebrate another year of no boyfriend. Shall we?'' I grin at her and poke her back playfully. ''I bet you 100 bucks that I will be a loner next year too.''

''Let's see (Y/N). Now just hurry up. We gotta go before we are late.'' She pulls me with her downstairs.''

An hour later we reach the Town Square. Dad drove whilst Jimin was in the passenger seat and three ladies were at the rear. 

The New Year's Eve Party had already begun and it was so crowded. Mum and Dad managed to find a free spot to watch the fireworks. I think we got a bit lucky. Eunji and Mingyu coordinated to meet at a specific spot and I see them together now. Jimin is with his group of six friends. Guess what? I am left out all by myself. I decided to wander around a bit. I told my parents the location where I was headed off to so that they won't be worries that I got lost or kidnapped. Randomly fireworks are been lit and the loud sound of explosions reaches my ears and makes me flinch every single time.

I see a girl clutching some unlit sparklers in her hand. I walk over to her and she smiles at me. ''Mind if I have one?'' I ask her while pointing at the sparklers.

''Oh no, I don't mind at all.'' She says while handing me two. ''Do you want to light them with me?'' I nod in response.

''By the way, I'm Sooyoung. It's nice to meet you.''

''I'm (Y/N) and it's nice to meet you too.''

We light the sparklers and I'm fascinated by the sparks shooting outwards. It's beautiful yet, short lived. I wish I can relate it to life but, that's unpleasant. This instance I felt like one of those aesthetic tumblr girls. It was even better because I'm not alone right now.

''Hey, Happy New Year Sooyoung-ssi!'' I wish her when the sparklers died down. She smiles widely at me and hugs me super tight. ''Thank you. I wish you the same (Y/N)-ssi!''

''Why are you alone?'' I ask her.

She chuckles. ''Why are YOU alone?''

I give her a 'really?' look and she nods. ''You can say I'm the odd one out. Mum and Dad are together, my brother is with his friends and my best friend is with her boyfriend. I'm not really alone because I'm with you right now.''

Sooyoung smiles slightly at me. ''I guess this means that both of us won't get that cliché New Year's kiss.''

I laugh. ''It's not like we are gonna kiss. So I guess not.''

My phone decides to beep at this moment so I excuse myself to check the message. It's from Eunji and she's demanding me to come back from whatever place I am in because there's only 10 minutes for the countdown.

''I really need to go now. My friend is calling me over. Do you wanna come with me?''

Sooyoung shakes her head. ''My parents are around here so don't worry about me. Go ahead.''

Before i leave i get her contact number so we can keep in touch. 

I spot my parents, my brother and his friends with their girlfriends, Eunmi and Mingyu all together at the initial spot. I casually join them and Eunji shakes her head at me. I mouth a 'what?' at her and she points at her watch which makes me laugh softly to myself. There's five minutes left so i'm not late at all. However, everybody seems to be in a good mood. 

Three minutes later the Town Square is dark. The lights are switched off. The only light striking my eyes are from a large screen in front of us indicating the countdown. One minute left. It's 11.59 PM and the whole town seems to be holding its breath waiting for a grand outburst of celebration as the countdown timer starts from the 60 second mark. 

50 Seconds... Dad and Mum look at each other.

40 Seconds... My brother pulls his girlfriend towards him.

30 Seconds... Eunji and Mingyu hold hands.

20 Seconds... My brother's friends are smiling down at their girlfriends.

15 seconds... Hold on- Where is Kim Taehyung?

People start to countdown as the timer hits 10 seconds.

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5... Someone pulls me towards them and wraps their arms around me. i can tell it's a boy by looking at his silhouette.

4... I am too shocked to be freaked out.

3... You only live once. 

2... Let him take my first kiss. I don't care anymore.

1... All i feel is soft lips upon mine which immediately sent sparks along my nerves.

I hear the explosions of fireworks high up in the sky but, all my senses are focused on my very first kiss.

12.00 AM... One of his hands encircles my waist while the other holds my chin to angle my face towards him. By instinct, my arms wrap around his neck. The sparks which started from my lips didn't stop. His warm and soft lips move in sync with mine and I'm blown away. It feels so right yet so wrong to be kissing this person.

He stops kissing me. My eyes are still closed savoring the moment. ''You definitely do 'Slay' Hoodie Girl.'' A deep voice whispers in my right ear and my eyes shoot open instantly. An audible gasp escapes my lips and I cover my mouth with my palms. I am beyond mindblown. The person who initiated and took my first kiss was Kim Taehyung.

''K-kim Taehyung?'' I manage to stutter out finally with surpriseand shock still clearly visible in my eyes and a dark blush upon my cheeks. 

Kim Taehyung's POV

I only had five seconds left. I pulled her towards me and i kissed her when the fireworks started going off. It felt good kissing her. I'm actually surprised she responded to my kiss. Her soft lips moved against mine in sync and i could taste the cherry flavor in her lip balm. I personally think that this made the kiss even more delicious and exciting. I could literally feel the sparks in my nerves which began from my lips which connected with hers.

I'm finally kissing (Y/N) and i definitely don't regret my actions. This was the perfect moment no matter how cliché it looks.

I wanted this moment to continue. I managed to stop the kiss.

''You definitely do 'Slay' Hoodie Girl.'' I whispered in her right ear. Well, no kidding she looked great wearing that Hoodie I bought her and was even more wonderful during that kiss.

Her eyes shot open in shock and surprise and she covered with her palms. What surprised me the most was that a deep blush appeared on her flawless cheeks. One word- adorable.

She finally managed to stutter out my name and she wasn't the only one. Her tone was more of surprise and questioning. The other voice seemed to be quite annoyed.

''K-kim Taehyung?'' That was (Y/N).

The other turned out to be Jimin who seemed to be very displeased with my actions. He yelled at me so loud which made many people stare at us. 

''I'm going to beat the outta you-'' Oh .

''-KIM TAEHYUNG!!!''