(여섯, curtain call)

Kisses in War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'EPILOGUE'

It was filled with awkwardness and tension. Today’s meeting that was. Apparently, Jiyong had work to do in a small town that she had moved to, and he happened to chance upon her and her best friend, Saeyong, today in the hostel they were all residing in. At that time, she had hardly thought much of it and waved to him with a cheerful smile, only for him to snide her upon catching sight of the man beside her. And now, it seemed as if there was a raincloud over at the hostel even if the sky was perfectly clear.

She thought things would remain the same, even after their separation. Apparently not, she mused. He must be taken enough with his new bride that he had chosen to snide her after such a long time of not seeing each other. The other men still talked to her freely as always, with the exception of their leader.

She sighed, of course he would behave like this. What good could come out of mingling with a city girl like her when he had the whole world under his feet? Of course, his wife would be best suited to rule it with him, not her who made decisions out of emotions than logic. At times like this, she wondered had she picked up his stone-cold demeanour, maybe she would have felt less hurt than she would now.

“It’s not your fault you know,” Youngbae spoke as he settled down beside her with a can of soda in hand, “Jiyong is just being idiot Jiyong again, as always.”

She gave him a hardened smile.

“Don’t you want to know what’s been going on over here? After all, it’s been a long time since we’ve met, yes?” Youngbae questioned.

“What use could come out of it? As much as I appreciate your co-”

“Because you want to talk to Jiyong over us, is that it?” Youngbae asked confidently after taking a gulp of his soda.

“You know it’s not like that, Youngbae.” She huffed.

“I know so. The both of you are being stubborn idiots as far as I can tell,” Youngbae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter