(다섯, third end)

Kisses in War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'In which she gives up on him'

In every tale, there was supposed to be a point where everything just collapses into ruins, but not for their story. There was none, nothing after the of their profession of love for one another. There was no breaking point, no happily ever after for their end.

She couldn’t remember the day when it all stopped working, when everything became painful, when her days turned bleak and gradually her love faded for him. He had warned her, once upon a time, that being with a man like him was tough, but she had accepted it because she loved him. So, when had it all gone wrong?

Her heart was calm, no longer did it feel the feelings of butterflies, nor did it feel the throbbing pain it once did. It was as if the whole time spent with him had been a sweet dream and then faded into a nightmare in which she eventually woke up from.

It was like… as if she had never loved him.

Jiyong knew that day when he stepped into the mansion, those cold eyes that turned to him was void of the love it once held. All that was within them was regret. For the first time, Jiyong felt his heart ache to a point where all he wanted to do was rip it out of his chest to stop that dull, aching pain.

“Why? Why give up on us now? Of all times… now?” He spoke softly.

“I… you were right, I was not strong enough for this… to stand beside you.” She whispered.

His heart shattered as his kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter