(다섯, second end)

Kisses in War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'In which she's a liar'

Her pleading eyes met with his own to save him from his shattering heart. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard. How could such she, of all people, do this to him?

She was still being sincere even as she begged for him to hear her out. It made it harder for him to block her out, and he could hear the crack in her voice as she settled onto the ground, hands grasping tightly onto the hem of his trousers.

For once, he wished Youngbae would show up with his ridiculous timing for interrupting them as always.

For once, she had felt desperation welling up within her so much that she felt she might explode. Jiyong could feel that desperation overflowing her, her desperation to save whatever affection he still had within for her. Her desperation evident in her eyes and how tightly she gripped onto him.

It hurts him to throw her away after all these memories he had forged together with her, how vulnerable she opened herself to him, her emotions so raw, it almost hurt. And it tugged at him, begging him to reconsider, to talk it out, to forgive her.

The anguished look on her face made his heart ache, she was all too good, too perfect for a man like him. She was his ideal woman, perfect to a fault, a dream that he would never want to wake up from, a dream flawless enough to encase him in it, she was all his fantasies, desires and dreams embedded into one person. She was the only woman who managed to get his heart beating as wildly as it does, even now, she was the only one that he could abandon all rational thought so that he could keep her and that would be his downfall if he hadn’t realised it soon enough.

He loved her so much, that he would be willing to lay himself down for her. She was a blissful and addictive dream – that was all she was.

He had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter