(다섯, first end)

Kisses in War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'In which they are seperated by fate'

A rainstorm was brewing, just like his heart. The first time he have ever felt this strongly, received such unconditional love and yet, his family was taking it away from him.

He felt his heart sink with every minute they got closer to her departure. After all his persistence and resistance to the elders’ orders, it was all futile. He still didn’t get to keep the woman he loved close. They had all but gave him two options, for her to leave on her own two feet or for them to step in and make her leave. The latter choice, he frowned when he read between the lines, seemed to imply how they would have gladly gotten rid of her if he didn’t let her go as she is now.

“Jiyong,” she called to him softly.

Startled by her sudden presence, he whirled around quickly.

There, she stood as if she were fading – like a dream.

He moved quickly towards her, hands grasping her tightly, pulling her close to him as if making sure that she was still with him.

What he would give up in order to keep her safe in his world, even if it meant letting her go.

How he wished he could stop time, how he wished he was not a child of the darkness, how he wished he could keep her with him.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry,” he hugged her tightly, tears streaming down his cheeks, staining her pristine white dress.

It was rare for the leader to cry, in fact, it shocked the rest of his inner circle that they had attempted to move closer to him to comfort him but his right-hand man had pushed them out of the leader’s office, in an attempt to give them what he said was the last farewell.

“Don’t cry, Jiyong. You’ll make me cry too,” her words muffled as she pressed her lips against his hair, one hand embracing him, the other his head softly.

“You know, being able to be together with you was more than enough for me. If it weren’t for you that day, I wouldn’t be standing here either and neither would I have met any of you. And that’s enough for me. The biggest gift… you have already bestowed upon me,” she whispered, smiling even if the tears were threatening to pour out.

Her tearful eyes told him what could not be said as the walls could hear.

His biggest gift, his heart, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter