(하나)

Kisses in War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Kiss of Distraction'

“I’ll be done soon.”

That’s what he told her two hours ago, and the man seemed to have no intentions of stopping anytime soon with the furious way he was writing and scanning the documents.

So she had resorted to sitting in his office, occupying herself with his snacks, the books he laid out for her and the drained iPad that now lay on his coffee table, dead. She had essentially nothing left to do and so she had decided to lay on her side and observe the man hard at work.

The thing is as much as she liked watching him seriously concentrating on his work, lips pursed, eyes narrowed and stern and jaw clenched. There would come an hour when she was too bored, too neglected.

There was something worrying him, something probably difficult to resolve especially since his inner circle seems to be in the same state of distress. Was it the elders? Or his territories being threatened? A mole? A rivalling gang? She probably would never know. He was set on keeping her pure in his dirty world, he had even told the gang that should ever someone speak of mafia matters to her, they will answer to him with their lives.

She sighed, she wondered if there was anything she could do to help him if she didn’t know about anything he was working on.

Just then, she got an idea. Adjusting her clothes properly, she stepped towards him, looking over his shoulder.

“I’ll be done soon,” he repe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter