- Seungri

I'm In Love With Your Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally.

 

Today's the second day of the holiday break and the next semester is not going to come so soon. My friends have been making plenty of plans of activities to do during these period of no classes. I myself had thought of travelling to different countries during the holiday, visiting art galleries even though I know I'd get bored by just stepping inside the building, and perhaps taking pictures of me in front of historical buildings. 

But that was until I remembered the fact that I was poor.

 

Hahahaha can you hear me laughing at myself..?

 

So here I am, waiting tables to provide money for my miserable life and the house rent. This Korean cuisine restaurant I've been working at for a year and a half now, is situated in the heart of Seoul, and its business had been going well through decades. So it's not a shock that I haven't gotten the chance to stand still at a corner and perhaps take a deep relaxing breath because people keep coming and filling out the tables.

 

Not like I'm complaining or anything, but..

Even though the restaurant gets more profit than usual, my pay is still going to be exactly the same.

Duh.

 

Plus this extra exhaustion and annoyance happened because I've never worked on a full shift before. Usually I only work in the afternoon shift, because my classes were usually in the mornings.. But now that it's holiday, and because that Hodong boy couldn't come tonight because of his grandma having her 90th birthday or something, I have no other excuse to say 'NOOOOOOOO' to my boss.

 

Have you heard the saying, 'Life is unfair'? 

If you haven't, now you do.

LIFE IS UNFAIRRRRRRRRR~

 

My silent monologue was paused when I heard my name suddenly being called from the kitchen. Seriously, sometimes I am truly amazed by my awesome hearing abilities.

 

 

"Seungri!! Can you come here for awhile..?"

 

Talking about the devil... It's weird though why everyone calls him the 'Smiling Angel'... Because have you seen his smiles..?

Yes, they're undeniably sweet and refreshing but also scary at the same time.

Why?

Because who in the world would smile even when he's mad..?! (Answer : My Boss)

 

I entered the kitchen to where he's at and slightly cleared my throat to announce my presence, "Daesung Hyung, I'm here,"

 

Yes, Kang Daesung is the owner's son, and also the main chef here. Have you guys heard of him..? He was in the last issue of the magazine of top young successful chefs, on the front cover, and he's been getting a lot of recognitions nowadays. 

Thinking back.. Why are there so many people for me to be jealous of..?

 

Even so, he's a down-to-earth kind of guy and is very friendly once you get to his good side. And he's very nice to me too. Smiles. :)

But I'm still annoyed that he made me work more hours today. Delete that smiles. DELETEEEEEE

 

He turned around from whatever he's cooking in that huge pot and passed me a 'RESERVED' sign. "Can you please reserve a table for me..? My fiance is coming tonight with his friend," 

 

Oh, that Seunghyun guy he always gushes about is coming. He's been in a relationship with the guy for a few months now and I could see that this Seunghyun has some kind of ability in making my boss happier than he's ever been.

 

Another thing that I like about Daesung Hyung is that he's one of those rare people who understands my struggles in dealing with others' opinions about my uality. Because he himself is 100% gay and is clearly not hiding it. Which was another reason why he's been a hot topic among the society because of his suspicious interactions with the owner of Tempo, one of the famous club in Gangnam, which goes by the name of Choi Seunghyun.

 

Daesung Hyung is much like a brother I've never had. Caring and annoying at times. (Okay, correction. Annoying MOST OF THE TIME)

 

I rolled my eyes, faking to be irritated as I sighed, "Now I need to do the dirty works..? What else after this-- OUCH!"

 

He hit my arm with his.. umm I don't know what that is.. A big spoon? Sparrrtooolaaa? (Spatula) Really, I should've paid some attention when my aunt tried to teach me cooking few years back. Now I have absolutely zero knowledge in it. The best I could make was instant noodles, instant ramyeon, instant EVERYTHING.

 

"Don't be ridiculous, Seungri.. I owe you this time!!"

Daesung Hyung looked like he wanted to say something else, perhaps bribing me to stop with my face and just do the given task. But then he checked the time on his wristwatch and muttered something along the line of 'They're gonna arrive soon' .

 

Ignoring my annoyed face, he pushed me out of the kitchen, thanking me for unwillingly willing to help him, all the while saying something about me being the person who'll help in sustaining his relationship -- and despite still annoyed because of being chosen to work more hours today just because I'm a diligent worker in Daesung Hyung's eyes -- I silently smiled.

I wonder how does it actually feel to be in a relationship with someone you love..? Daesung Hyung always looked so happy and vibrant nowadays, will I be like him too someday..? When will my turn come..?

 

That small dreamy smile stayed on my face as I walked to the empty table not so far from the entrance, all the while imagining those light hazel orbs staring straight into mine, his y voice resonating in my ears, his hands..

 

I'm so whipped. UGH.

 

After the task was done, I decided to just stay at the table because some customers never give a damn about those signs you put on the tables and remove them just like that.

s.

I stayed at the table because there are no customers calling to make orders, and I quickly felt bored after a minute. (Seriously I couldn't stay still doing nothing for more than a minute) So I busied myself wiping the surface of the table with a cloth while humming to Justin Timberlake's 'y Back'. All the while not noticing who just entered through the entrance and was heading my way.

 

"You-- You work here..?" The voice attacked the nerves in my ears so suddenly that I couldn't stop what was happening next.

 

I actually jumped at the sudden greeting, smacking something hard (a face, maybe) with my hand in the process as I turned around in shock. Can you imagine how was I feeling when I saw Youngbae's brother was actually standing near me..? 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter