- Seungri

I'm In Love With Your Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara Park, huh..?

Who is this oh-so-perfect lady anyway..?

 

I don't know why, but I couldn't see anything likeable in her, thus the reason I couldn't find it in me to even give her a small smile whenever she looks at me as she speaks in her honey-like voice. Okay, perhaps I was blinded by the fact that this lady is the one who's going to steal my Prince away from me, so a form of hatred was suddenly built the moment she introduced herself just now.

I wonder why was I here actually..?

 

I sighed under my breath, and as if he had been watching me the whole time, suddenly Jiyong was caressing my shoulder, asking me if I was okay. I nodded, because it's the truth, I'm perfectly fine, just annoyed, but that is manageable. I glanced at Sandara, and I could see somehow she was irritated due to the fact that none of us were actually listening to her as she speaks. When it was Jiyong who initially asked her how she's been..

"Pardon me, if I'm being rude, but.." she turned to Jiyong who now had his hand on my back, and of course I take pleasure in the fact that Jiyong somehow knows I don't want him to remove his hand from me YET. (By the way I'm feeling very warm right now.. Hmmmm)

"What is he doing here actually..? I thought you wanted to discuss something important with me..?"

 

Wow.. She finally realised. Jiyong blinked, and looked at me as if asking for guidance, but what could I tell him to say..? That he wanted me to accompany him and me too had always been available for him to carry around like a sack anywhere he goes..?

 

The moment he entered Daesung hyung's restaurant this morning, it was obvious that he was a bit nervous about this meeting. I could see it in his wavering eyes, as he speaks with Daesung hyung. It's been a week since the last time we met, that dreamy-turned-awful day where Mr. Kwon broke the news about the stupid arranged marriage. He must've been skipping his meals, because I could see his jawline had somehow sharpened to the point he could cut meat with it if he wants to (okay that was an exaggeration, you should've been able to keep up with my annoying wits by now), the little amount of baby fats that used to fill his cheeks totally disappeared. I would've loved to pinch those fats with my chubby fingers someday, but I guess that jawline is totally delectable--

OHGOD NO I WASN'T GOING TO THINK OF ANYTHING DIRTY AT THIS TIME OF THE DAY WHY WOULD ANYONE ACCUSE ME OF DOING SO

 

 

I quickly asked the new worker to replace me for awhile (no, I'm not bullying anyone, I just have my priorities) and approached the two hyungs. The moment I stand beside Daesung Hyung, I could see the sweet curve of Jiyong's lips as he smiled at me, and suddenly I remembered why I fell in love in the first place. His eyes were looking at me as if he'd been missing me the way I was missing him.

 

Daesung Hyung ignored the drama going on and briefly told me that Jiyong's going to meet his so called fiancé today at lunch. It was the idea that we've came up with (by WE, I meant Me, Daesung Hyung and his husband.. I told Youngbae about our plan to cancel the wedding, but he timidly say that it's better if he's not involved because he's not sure if his brother would like him to participate.. I tried changing his mind, but I guess I understand why Mr. Kwon couldn't make him take business instead of law, that guy's head is as hard as a stone)..

However, according to Daesung when Seunghyun had proposed the idea to Jiyong, he was a bit reluctant to do it. Why..?

 

Because apparently Sandara Park wasn't a stranger like what Jiyong had thought before, he had forgotten that she was his senior in middle school, two years older than both Seunghyun and Jiyong. And according to Seunghyun, the girl once had a crush on Jiyong before he was sent to Europe (Of course Jiyong was too oblivious to know that, but Seunghyun had made sure he had made Jiyong aware of everyone who's crushing on him at that time)..

 

Although it's been years already, but first love is always undeniably special, and it's not helping at all that Jiyong has grown to be an ethereal creature.. Seunghyun told us that Jiyong had reasoned out that it'd be awkward, but Daesung told me he was sure that Jiyong was just being his coward self again. Well, I'm glad he's mustered up his courage, because it seems like he had arranged an appointment -- because I would never call it a DATE -- with the lady at a luxurious restaurant.

 

"So Dae... I was wondering if you could accompany me,"

I blinked. Why..? Because he was obviously referring to Dae but all the while, his mesmerizing eyes were totally fixed on me.

And NO, I'm not hallucinating, because I'm practically standing next to Daesung, so it would be obvious who's the person he's currently looking at. 

 I made a big mistake by avoiding his eyes because my eyes fell on his lips, and he suddenly bit them (I found out about this illegal habit of his recently, he usually does this whenever he's shy or unsure)

Why is it suddenly hot in here..? Why must he look at me like that..? Can't he realise his effects on me..?

And yet here I am, falling deeper day by day without even making sure if he truly swings my way..

 

I guess Daesung hyung had given up on letting Jiyong with his ways anymore, as what he'd always told me about 'Jiyong's stupidity to see the obvious', although I wasn't sure what Daesung hyung had meant at that time, but well.. I guess I'll find out soon.

"Oh, please Jiyong.. You can't fool me again.. Yes, it's logical everytime you came here more frequently than usual by saying that you wanted to meet me because 'you missed your friend', even though we both know it's far from the truth, but-- Oh, no no no shut up, Ji.."

 

Jiyong was trying to defend himself, but failed because he was silenced by Daesung hyung's sharp motherly eyes.. Meanwhile, I was kind of confused. If he's not here frequently to meet Dae Hyung, then who else is he--?

 

"Where was I..? Oh, but if you had wanted me to come with you, you can just give me a call or something, like that time when you wanted me to accompany you to buy Seunghyun a birthday gift. However, you just have to come and still pretend like you're not making everything obvious, huh..?"

 

I.. am still.. confused here.. What is so obvious..? I looked at Jiyong to see some sort of reaction that could make something out of the situation, and somehow he was shily rubbing his nape, his eyes flickered between me and Daesung. I was surprised when Daesung hyung suddenly stepped forward and pulled Jiyong's ear like a mother hen being mad at her chicks (if chickens ever pull their kids' ears, though I don't think so.. Do chickens have ears anyway..?)

 

"OKAY, OKAY, FINE!! I'LL DO IT! LET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PRECIOUS EARS--" He rubbed his now-red ears and looked at me. And what comes next was totally not what I'd expected.

"Umm.. Seungri, would you want to go with me..?" 

 

Of course I didn't expect THAT, I glanced at Daesung and found him muttering "Finally!" under his breath, and that was when I felt my cheeks heat up. So that was what Daesung hyung was hinting at just now..? Jiyong had been wanting to ask for MY company..? And those visits were actually because he wanted to... Meet.. ME..?

So the 'obvious' thing had something to do with me then..???????

OHGODOHGODOHGOD CAN SOMEONE FIND ME A DOCTOR I'M CONFIDENT THAT I WON'T SURVIVE IF MY HEART KEEP ON BEATING AT THIS RATE AAHHHH

 

"Uh, Seungri..?" His sweet voice brought me back to Earth, and if it was the old me who was too shy to even form a complete sentence in front of him, I would've fainted here. Yes, right here, on this floor that I had forgotten to mop and clean (again).

BUT, we've been closer than before, and even though it's not yet the type of 'close' I had always wanted, but I am now confident enough to even flirt with him. Even though I'll regret doing so as I blush to my roots afterwards, I love seeing his reaction everytime I rendered him speechless with my corny words... And then I'd find him presenting me the prettiest smile I've ever seen my whole life. (And no, this is not an exaggeration. I REPEAT, NOT AN EXAGGERATION)

 

So of course I smiled at him, still a bit tint of red on my cheeks, but nonetheless I was able to let out the "Of course, I'd love to," from my mouth. What happens next is history, and now I found myself sitting beside the man I fell in love with, while being judged under the eyes of his fiancé.

 

"I don't see the reason he can't come with me," Obviously she didn't expect Jiyong to answer like that, meanwhile I mentally squealed at the way his hand were holding my waist firmly, securing me in his hold as if making it known to everyone that I belong to him.

Of course he didn't mean that....

She managed to recompose herself and took a sip from her cup gracefully. "I was just asking, by the way I heard you're doing great with your father's company..?" 

Jiyong nodded, and explained a little bit of his current life like how Sandara was doing a few moments ago. "But enough about me for now, I'm here to talk about the merging,"

 

Sandara smiled. I knew it. She had been expecting Jiyong to talk about this, and she was right. I watched as she tilted her head, seemingly thinking about it for awhile before finally speaking, "I just want you to know, I have nothing against it,"

"But.. Are you really sure you're just going to let your parents marry you to someone you don't want..?" 

I almost nudged Jiyong's side and playfully that he was going to let his father control his life too, if not for me constantly insisting him to man up. But I didn't, I just watched as Jiyong hopefully looked at Sandara, as if wishing that she'll realise what she actually wants in her life.

 

"It's what kids in our society always do anyway.. Our parents mould us into the best humans and organize our lives in the most perfect arrangements.. Plus,"

Jiyong looked like he wanted to persuade her to think properly, but he waited for her to finish her dragged sentence. I, myself, the respected spectator was curious too on what is going to come out of her pretty mouth.

 

"I never said I don't want to marry you, Jiyong.." Jiyong's hand that was around my waist fell upon hearing her words.

 

Oh my.. I had knew it from the first moment her eyes fell on my man!! -- err I mean, Jiyong. She still liked him, and I couldn't blame her, because I was that boy who had been crushing on him for almost four years already by only exchanging eye contacts throughout the years..

 

"I thought you'd always known that I liked you since middle school, and some even said that you liked me too.. So that's why I'm a bit confused right now because you seemed to want to stop this marriage when all it'll do is create the most powerful couple in the business society.." Sandara looked serious as she speaks, she really had been taught well by her parents on how to behave and all..

 

"I... seriously taught Seunghyun was joking when he said you were one of the girls who liked me.. and no, I didn't-- err I mean.. About me liking you too, it's not true actually.." Jiyong lowered his gaze on his hand that was caressing the mouth of his cup. 

I know it's hard for Jiyong to let all the words out, because he's an introvert who's used to staying in his safe bubble, among his safe group of friends. He managed to approach me easily due to the fact that I am his brother's bestfriend. So here he was carefully building words to not hurt his ex-senior, now-fiance, in the same time making her aware that a future with her is never in his plan.

 

I tried to ease his uneasiness by placing one of my hands on his lap. His eyes fell on it instead, and he smiled at me a little.

Again, that weird thing happened.

 

If it was me, I'd understand why I couldn't take my eyes off him -- I literally am head over heels for him duh..?

BUT why was it that Jiyong too seemed to feel this unexplainable pulling force that exists between us..? Of course I'd prefer if the only explanation to this is that he also have romantic feelings for me, but I learned from a lot of k-dramas that I shouldn't keep my hopes up.. Nonetheless, I'm still a bit confident..

 

We were forcefully taken out of the undeniable strong attraction when Sandara speaks again. "It's okay, I don't mind.. But still, I still think we should proceed with the marriage. You can always fall in love with me after that,"

Jiyong gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down drawing my attention towards his y neck -- ohgod this is not the time for this.. I mentally shook my head to regain my sense..

 

"I'm sorry Sandara, but.. I really can't marry you.."

"No, it's okay.. I don't mind if you don't treat me like a lover.. I'm willing to wait.."

"No, seriously... You don't understand--"

"Then make me."  Wow I could sense that she's getting mad already. It was clearly portrayed in the way her facial muscles seemed to have tensed than before, she's frowning at my man-- I mean, Jiyong.. "Tell me your reason. I deserve to know, Jiyong.."

 

"I..." Jiyong was lost for words. For sure he had something in mind, but somehow he seemed to be reluctant to let it out.

I tried calming Sandara, because I understand why she's upset. She's one of the most sought-after lady in the society (I quoted that from Mr. Kwon hehe), and yet this one human being named Kwon Jiyong had been rejecting her no matter what she tells him. "I'm sure his reasons had nothing to do with you, Sandara-ssi.." I kept my voice as soft as possible, as I timidly but calmly looked at her.

 

Sandara was still frowning, as she eyes me in uncertainty, whether to believe me or not to. That was the exact moment Jiyong suddenly interjected, "Yes, definitely.. It's not you, it's just.. It's me..."

Sandara quirked her brows, demanding more details, and Jiyong was quick to explain further, only that I wasn't expecting it at all..

"I can't marry you, because... " I watched as his face morphed into somewhat a determined look, and he finally continued with a low steady voice, "I'm gay.."

 

Ever seen a Barbie doll got soaked in flour..? Well you just have to sit beside me right now and watch as blood drained out of Sandara's face, her fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter