- Seungri

I'm In Love With Your Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another boring day in college. Prof Kim had called me out to meet him after other students were dismissed. He talked about wanting me to rethink on my decision to continue my second semester. Anyone could see that I have no passion whatsoever in law. Although my grades weren't that bad, still, he could clearly see that I was never interested enough to take part in classes. 

 

His exact words to me were bugging my mind throughout the journey to Youngbae's house. 

"It's not that you're a bad student or anything, to me, you're one of the nicest ones. But forcing your heart to take a course you don't like is wrong, it's like forcing Einstein to learn baking.."

 

It bugs me, because how did he possibly knew Einstein hated baking? Who knows behind those thick white curly hairs laid a deep passion for cakes and brownies..? Prof Kim always thinks that he knows everything, when the fact is he doesn't.

 

Okay, maybe he's correct. I really have never wanted to be a lawyer or anything along the line. Imagining myself speaking confidently to the wise judge totally gives me the creeps.. My true ambition was to be a singer. An entertainer. Standing on the stage, sweat running down the side of my face as the crowd chanted my name, 'Lee Seungri! Lee Seungri!'.. Oh, what a wonderful life that would be..

 

BUT, there's always a 'but' in life, my father was never fond of his only son wearing makeups and tight leather pants, talking in 'fake expressions' on talk shows, looking like homoual men. Yes, my family was a very, very, VERY (A big emphasis on that VERY) traditional family, and unfortunately my father and most elderlies in my family were among those majority homophobic korean citizens.. Which was ironic, since I was biual at the age of 15. 

 

I thought I could keep my uality a secret from my family members, I actually succeeded for two years, and I secretly wished that I could leave the house someday and freely be who I've always been inside. However fate decided against me when my father was the one who found my stash of gay that I sure had hid well underneath those revision books. I came home that destined day to get awfully reprimanded by my father, he almost evicted me from the house. Which was kinda preferable for me, because I can always stay at my friend's house, or my favourite uncle Hyuk's.. He had an adorable Labrador..

 

(Un)fortunately, my mother managed to console my father before he could even say "Get the out" and finally they both decided to bring our family to move away from Gwangju to Incheon, away from any bad influences that affect my morality. My sister and I didn't have any say on this, so we kept everything we wanted to say inside, and only share them with each other. My sister, despite her young age (she was five years younger than me), understands the pressure I felt at that time and was the one who helped regain back my quirky grins. Our new house wasn't better than the first one, neither it was worse either. School was hard to cope with at first, the kids there were different from those whom I befriended with in my hometown. I was lucky I guess, because I met Youngbae on sophomore years, we kind of just clicked and became best friends ever since.

 

My father was set on thinking that it was because of his failure to give full attention on me, that I was 'corrupted'.. So he decided to fit all kinds of tuitions and activities in my schedule despite our family having money issues, just so I won't have time to get 'attacked' by bad influences. I was sure he borrowed money from our relatives, and I felt guilty because it was partly my fault. If only I was normal, he wouldn't have spent his money on our family migration and all the studying fees he provided for me. So when he decided that I was to take law, how in the world could I say 'No..?'

 

Luckily that short bestfriend of mine had always dreamed of walking in the court wearing his polished black shoe looking all suave and elegant. 'Attorney Youngbae', the older had been planting the ideas and images in his head apparently since he was in third grade.

 

I actually envy Youngbae till this very day. Born with silver spoon, his parents provided him with everything he needs and wants, and the most appealing of all, Youngbae always gets to decide his path in life. Although the older's father had wanted him to work in the family's company, the old man was melted by Youngbae's (small) dreamy eyes as he persuaded and begged to his father to let him take law. And it was settled then. Youngbae is going to be a lawyer. And I shall have a friend to accompany me during those boring lectures. A faked 'Yeaayy~'..

 

I was taken out of my reverie when the car was put to a halt, we have arrived at Youngbae's house. His family's mansion was situated in the outskirts of the city, away from the hustle and bustle in the city. To get into his house, you'll firstly meet an enormous gate, and after getting through the damned thing, it was barely another mile until you'll see his house.. (Please don't believe that fact, I've never counted the distance before)

 

 I turned to Youngbae who was sleeping beside me and hit his thigh. He abruptly woke up, all flabbergasted as he rubbed the painful spot. "Ouch! That hurts, you--!"

 

I quickly cut him off, because I had been waiting for days to come to his house so I couldn't let this bestfriend of mine wastes my time any further. Not like he needed to know why, right..?

 "We're here. Now let's get out of the car," 

 

It's a common thing for me to stay with Youngbae in his house during the weekends, but usually I would come on Saturday morning. This was the first time I came on the day before because Youngbae wanted to discuss on a project we were partnered for. I glanced back and saw that Youngbae had closed his door with a thud, stretching his limbs and ligaments while giving out a big yawn. I quirked my eyebrows, "Didn't you had any sleep last night..? You never get sleepy before.." I evilly smirked when a thought came inside my mind, "You were watching , weren't you..?"

 

Youngbae's slanted eyes widened as he hit my shoulder, flustered, "W-what nonsense are you up to..? You know I wouldn't--!!"

 

"Woah.. Relax, man.. I was just joking.." Youngbae squinted his already small eyes and huffed as he walked past me.

 

It wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter