The VP's Surprise Birthday Party I

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What does she likes?” Tiffany asked the clueless looking Sooyoung. “To be honest, I don’t know.” Sooyoung answered innocently. Both of them were at the mall that evening looking for a birthday gift for Jessica. Jessica was out of town with her dad for a business trip and she would be back tomorrow. There would be a surprise birthday party for the VP where only team managers, department managers, HR and the management team were invited.

“You don’t know what she likes???” Tiffany was surprised. They went straight to the mall after work. “Hmm she likes to do her work on the bed.” Sooyoung answered something that was not helpful at all. “And every time she does that, she would look y as hell.” Sooyoung was smiling like an idiot as she was reminded of what Jessica was wearing the other night for her.

“Soo, focus here.” Tiffany quickly brought her back to her senses. She really didn’t want to imagine her boss in a y way.

“I know what I’m gonna buy!!!” Sooyoung screamed enthusiastically.

“Okay, what are you going to buy?” Tiffany asked. Everyone invited was required to get the VP a gift.

“I’m going to get her a see through night dress.” Sooyoung smiled widely.

“Soo! That’s inappropriate!” Tiffany was surprised.

“Why is it inappropriate??” Sooyoung asked back. “She’s my girlfriend. We make love to each other all the time.” She added with a straight face.

“Sooyoung!!” Tiffany hit Sooyoung on her arm. She really didn’t want to know all that.

“What??” Sooyoung asked back.

“She will be opening the gifts in front of everyone!” Tiffany explained.

“Really?” Sooyoung didn’t know. She had never attended any of the bosses’ birthday party before. That would be her first. “Awww man…” Sooyoung whined softly.

“I have nothing against you wanting to give her a y sleep wear. But maybe you could give her that privately. For the party, buy something more formal that an employee would give to a boss.” Tiffany pointed out to Sooyoung.

“Awww mannn..” Sooyoung whined again.

“It’s bad enough that I didn’t get to be with her the night before her birthday, and now I have to get her a lame formal gift??” Sooyoung was rambling to herself.

“Sooyoung, what did I say earlier? You can give her that see through night dress, but give it at home, not at the party.” Tiffany repeated again.

“Hmm okay.” Sooyoung pouted.

Then both of them walked the whole mall trying to look for the best formal gift they could get for their boss. Sooyoung ended up getting a pen which had Jessica’s name carved on it. “This is like the lamest yet most expensive gift I have ever bought.” Sooyoung didn’t even look at the pen. As soon as the store carved the name on the pen, she asked them to straightaway wrap it.

Tiffany on the other hand bought a mini Zen garden where Jessica could place it on her desk. Sooyoung felt like Tiffany was the smartest person in the world for having a brilliant idea of giving her girlfriend a mini zen garden. Jessica loved nature so to be able to have that in her room was really a good idea. So she blamed herself hard for being so stupid.

Then, Tiffany followed Sooyoung to the lingerie section where Sooyoung still wanted to buy the y see through night dress. Although it was somehow a bit uncomfortable for her, she still loved seeing her boss with Sooyoung. Jessica had been the happiest for the past few months and being the only person who knew about it in the office made her feel special in so many ways. As soon as she was done, both of them went back home.

Sooyoung was alone that night. It was still early. At first she wanted to play games just to kill the time, but she didn’t know why she was not really feeling it. She was on the bed waiting for her girlfriend to text her back. But sadly there was no text from her. Everytime Jessica went out of town for a business trip with her father, it would always be like this. She would always be extra busy.

Sooyoung ended up falling asleep while waiting for her busy girlfriend. Later that she knew, she was awakened by the sound of her phone. She sleepily reached for her phone and answered it.

“Hel..lo.” She said with her eyes closed.

“Baby, are you still sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter