Chicken Outing and others.

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“CHICKENNN!” Yuri screamed out loud the moment the clock hit sharp at 6pm. “Alright, guys. Wait for me downstairs. I have to see the boss for a bit. It won’t take long.” Sooyoung said to her staff before making her way to Seohyun’s office.

“Boss, I have sent you an email. Need a quick approval on the finance charges waiver.” Sooyoung informed. “Oh yeah yeah sure. Hold on, I’ll approve it now.” Seohyun instantly opened her mail to check on it.

“Thanks. And by the way, I’m off early today. Gonna go eat chicken with the Yuri and Hyo.” Sooyoung informed.

“What? And I am not invited?” Seohyun looked at her.

“Hmm.. This is why I am here.” Sooyoung quickly came with a response. “I am here to invite you to go eat chicken with us.” Sooyoung smiled. “I thought you’re here for the waiver approval?” Seohyun looked at her.

“Boss, come on. Chicken will be no fun without you.” Sooyoung smiled widely. “So what do you say?”

“I AM IN!!!” Seohyun exclaimed loudly.

So, the four of them left the office early that day to go for a chicken outing. Since Sooyoung was car-less that day, she rode with her manager and Yuri and Hyo went with separate cars. They went to their all-time favorite chicken spot which was the ‘Cheap Chicken Place’. Yes, that’s the name of the place.  Sooyoung couldn’t even remember when was the last time she ate real chicken.

“Oh my godddddddddd!” Sooyoung exclaimed the moment she saw the chicken came to the table. “Oh my goddddddd!!!! How I’ve missed youuuuuuuuuuu” She went on to admire the plate of fried chicken.

“God Sooyoung, what is wrong with you?” Yuri looked at her boss weirdly.

“Give me a break please. I’ve been eating chicken made from soy for the past 6months. I need thisssss.” Sooyoung explained.

“How can you live with chicken made from soy??” Hyoyeon questioned her.

“Well, the taste is not that bad. It’s a healthier option they say. I know it’s bull But that’s what  you do for love.” Sooyoung said.

“She doesn’t allow you to eat chicken anymore?” Yuri asked in shock.

“Of course she’s okay with me eating real chicken. But I don’t know, I guess it’s just me. Since I know that she’s vegan, I don’t want to be disrespecting her or making her uncomfortable by eating meat in front of her.” Sooyoung informed.

“Am I hearing this right? Choi Sooyoung cares about other people’s feelings now? You have definitely changed for the better now.” Seohyun smiled after knowing the changes in Sooyoung. “Believe me, I am not. It’s just that I love her more than chicken.” Sooyoung laughed.

“We are so happy to see how much you’ve grown these past 11 months.”

“You need to thank Jessica for that.” Sooyoung laughed. “I still don’t know how she can stand me.” Sooyoung added.

“I wonder the same thing.” Seohyun laughed.

“Seriously, when exactly all this started?” Yuri asked. She was dead curious how can Sooyoung captured the heart of the fearless VP. “When do you think?” Sooyoung asked back with a smile.

“I bet it must be during the one-month you were off from the floor.” Seohyun took a guess because she was the one who suggested the management to include Sooyoung in the Email Server Project.

“Yeah.” Sooyoung nodded with a smile.

“How did you make her fall in love with you in only just a month????” Hyoyeon asked another question.

“Well, love works in mysterious ways.” Sooyoung laughed. “But really, I don’t think she would fall for me if she didn’t shut the car door to this thumb.” Sooyoung said as she showed them the thumb. After almost a year, the infamous thumb still looked weird but it is improving because the nailbed has healed completely.

“Because of this hideous looking thumb, we grew closer. It’s like a blessing in disguise.” She added.

“If you could turn back the time, would you still want her to shut the door again to the thumb?” Yuri asked.

“If there’s a different way for her to fall for me, then no. I don’t ever want to experience it again. I would try other ways to get her to fall for me. But if shutting the car door to this thumb is the only way for us to be together, then yes, she can shut the door not just to this thumb, but also to any of my other finger she wants.” Sooyoung laughed.

“Awwwwww.. look how corny you are now..” Seohyun said.

The conversation was then interrupted by a phone call from the VP herself. Sooyoung went on to answer the call within just few rings because her phone was on the table.

“Baby, are you with your friends now?” Jessica asked softly. Sooyoung could hear how exhausted the woman was just by her voice.

“Yes. Are you done with the meeting?” Sooyoung asked. Jessica let out a long deep sigh before answering her girlfriend. “Yeah. I am so tired..” She mumbled softly. She just had a 4hour long draggy meeting. Sooyoung then stood up from the chair and walked a bit further away from the table to speak a bit more privately.

“Have you eaten?”

“Me and Tiff will just stop by somewhere to get a quick meal, then maybe I’m heading back to the hotel.” Jessica informed.

“Do you want me to be back at the hotel now?” Sooyoung asked.

“Babe, it’s okay. Go have fun with your friends.” Jessica said softly. “But do send my apologies to Yuri and Hyo that I couldn’t stop by.” Jessica informed. 

“They were actually looking forward for you to come.” Sooyoung said.

“Aww really? Hmm maybe we can invite them over for drinks at the hotel bar after you’re done with chicken?” Jessica suggested.

“That is a good idea. Hm wait, how do you know we’re having chicken now?” Sooyoung asked weirdly.

“Baby, I’ve been living with you for the past 11months. I know you.” Jessica chuckled.

****

After 3 hours of spending time while eating chicken, the 4 of them made their way to the Grand Hyatt for drinks. When they stepped into the bar, they saw Tiffany was there at one of the tables.

“Where’s Jess?” Sooyoung asked.

“She went up for a shower. But I think it’s been almost an hour already.” Tiffany informed. Sooyoung then excused herself to check on the woman and asked them to just pick a table and order anything they wanted. She then made her way up to their room and the moment she was in the room; she saw Jessica had fallen asleep on the bed.

She walked towards the woman and kneeled next to the bed. She softly brushed the woman’s hair and kissed her on the forehead. Jessica was awakened by the kiss and slowly opened her eyes. “Hey you..” Sooyoung smiled looking at her tired girlfriend.

“Babe, sorry. I fell asleep.”

“No its okay. Just rest. I will just go down and have a drink or two with the guys then I’ll be up.”

“No no, I’m going down with you.” Jessica held on Sooyoung’s arms and asked the girl to help her up. “Are you sure? You seem so tired.” Sooyoung said as she helped the woman up on her feet.

“Yes Soo. I invited them over, I need to be there.” Jessica explained. “Wait, do I look okay?” Jessica asked Sooyoung. She was wearing a black shirt and jeans, and her hair was a bit messy but Sooyoung loved her messy hair.

“You look good baby.” Sooyoung smiled.

So they went down to the hotel bar holding hands. “Sorry to keep everyone waiting.” Jessica smiled the moment she saw everyone was already at the table with their drinks. “Yuri, Hyo, good to have both of you here.” Jessica gave them a friendly smile.

Yuri and Hyoyeon were just so excited to be there. Never in their life, they would have expected the VP of the company would invite them over for expensive drinks.

“It’s okay Ms Jessica. I heard you had a long meeting this afternoon?” Seohyun was the one who responded.

“Yes. One of the longest meetings we had to endure.” Jessica chuckled as she looked at Tiffany. They were both suffering inside and practically could read each other looks during the meeting.

Sooyoung then came with 2 drinks with her and she placed the organic vegan wine in front of Jessica and a strong black coffee for herself. “You are seriously drin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter