Sooyoung's National Panic Day

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“From your own understanding, why is financial capacity important?” Seohyun asked to the participants. There were 14 participants altogether for Manager Seohyun’s training slot that morning, including Sooyoung who was clearly in her own world panicking at the back.

Seohyun saw someone raised up her hand from the back. “Yes the representative from the beautiful city of Yeongam.” Seohyun smiled.

“Financial capacity is important because it could give us, the wealth advisors some knowledge and skills we need in order to manage their financial effectively.” Suzy answered the question eloquently.

“Very good. Not just for us to manage their money effectively but also to advise them to make the best decision for their financial needs. That is what wealth advisors do. We take proud of having the best wealth advisors in South Korea, that is why all of you need to know the right instruments that are designed for you to assess financial capacity ” Seohyun added.

Sooyoung on the other hand wasn’t even listening to what her manager was saying in front. She was still panicking and thinking hard whether she should tell her girlfriend that she was currently down at level 1 or not. Not just at level 1, she’s actually in the same training room with her ex-girlfriend of 5 years. Not even once she turned to look at her ex-girlfriend, because at that point she was just too scared of her current girlfriend who was not even there.

“I need all of you to sit in pairs.” Seohyun instructed all the participants.

“I am dead. I am so dead. I am so ing dead!” Sooyoung mumbled to herself. She was really in her own world at the time.

“Sooyoung? Choi Sooyoung!” Suddenly she was startled the moment she heard her name was being called. “Huh? What?” She looked at her manager at the front.

“Can you pair up with a participant? It’s for a discussion.” Seohyun instructed.

“Hmm..” Sooyoung was clueless.

“I need them to be in pairs but there are only 13 of them. It’s only for 10 minutes.” Seohyun explained to her as she pointed towards a participant who was also sitting at the back of the class.

“Oh god oh god, please don’t be her. Please don’t be her.” Sooyoung was mumbling to herself and then the moment she turned to look at the participant, of course she needed to be paired with her ex-girlfriend of 5 years. The woman just looked at her with a friendly smile.

“Hmm boss, can I see you outside for a bit?” Sooyoung quickly said to her boss.

“Soo, I only have 25 mins left, can you wait after the training?” Her manager asked back with a frown.

“Bossss…” Sooyoung whined as she bolted up from the chair and instantly walked out of the training room. Seohyun just looked at her weirdly. “Bosssssssss…” Sooyoung whined loudly from outside.

“Aishh.. Hmm.. I’m sorry guys. Excuse me for a bit.”  Seohyun then went out of the training room and saw a panic Sooyoung was pacing around the corridor in front of the training room.

“Choi Sooyoung, what is wrong with you??”

“Bosss! That girl from Yeongam is her!!! She’s my ex!!!! The Yeongam girl is my ex!!!” Sooyoung revealed in panic mode.

“Oohhhh....” Seohyun finally understood. “I thought you say that she was a loan teller!” Seohyun joined the panic train for no reason.

“How am I supposed to know that she just got promoted???” Sooyoung questioned back.

“Why are you yelling at me?” Seohyun looked at her staff weirdly.

“Bosss, I am not yelling at you! I’m panicking here! Jessica is definitely going to kill me!!” Sooyoung exclaimed back. Making her girlfriend pissed was really the last thing she wanted to do.

“Okay Sooyoung, you really need to calm down. She will not kill you.” Seohyun quickly tried to calm the girl. “The VP is not here. So she won’t even know that you are here. Let’s just keep it that way. She won’t know unless we tell her.” Seohyun gave her an assurance.

“Right now, I need you to go inside and act professional. So what if your ex is in the same company as you?” Seohyun said calmly.

“I know it doesn’t really help either that your current girlfriend is also in the company.. And she’s the VP some more..” Seohyun mumbled to herself.

“Boss, I really want to stay out of trouble. I promise myself to stay out of drama for the next forever.” Sooyoung said desperately. “And I really don’t want to have a discussion with the woman!” Sooyoung stressed out her point.

“Choi Sooyoung, look at me!” Seohyun said as she grabbed Sooyoung’s shoulders. “You are a matured professional working adult. You are going to get through this. Seohyun instructed.

“So I still need to sit with her???” Sooyoung questioned.

“Yess! Because I need good ratings from her!” Seohyun stressed out again. After each training slot, the participants need to rate the trainer. So she wanted goo ratings from each of the participants and that includes this Yeongam girl.

“What?? Ratings are pointless! “Ratings are for losers!” Sooyoung exclaimed back. “I am going to pretend that I didn’t hear that..” Seohyun mumbled to herself. She knew Sooyoung so well. The girl just couldn’t handle stress.

“Bossssss…” Sooyoung continued whining.

“Choi Sooyoung, you are a matured professional working adult. You are going to get through this.”  Seohyun repeated the same exact line.

Both of them went back inside the training room and Sooyoung carried her heavy feet towards her ex. Suzy on the hand was still giving her a friendly smile the moment Sooyoung sat next to her awkwardly.

“Hey.” She said softly looking at the tall girl.

“Hey.” Sooyoung responded back without even looking at her and she just straightaway stared at the front of the training room.

“How are you?”

“Hmm okay I guess.” Sooyoung responded still without even looking at the woman.

“I heard people here talking about you..” Suzy was trying to start a conversation.

“Okay guys, I need you to come up with metho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter