Roommate

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, can I eat in front of the TV?”

Jessica was forking the pasta using a big fork into Sooyoung’s plate. She made a creamy vegan garlic pasta with roasted tomatoes using the cookbook that she got from Soojin last month.  Although she was too proud to admit it, she didn’t expect the cook book would do wonder to her in the kitchen. The book made her excited to go home to cook every day from work.

“Yeah, go ahead. Just be careful don’t spill it.” Jessica said softly to her girlfriend.

She was just happy to be able to spend time with Sooyoung on a Friday night. Both of them had hectic schedules the past few weeks. As usual Jessica had to attend countless of meetings and a few outstation meetings as well, and Sooyoung on the other hand was busy with her team. The performance of her team was not that great which left her with a headache. She had been staying at the office working late almost every day. The last time that they actually got to spend time together was when they went to Hong Kong for Jessica’s birthday last month. That was the last.

So finally to be able to be with each other that night and the rest of the weekend was definitely a blessing.

Jessica forked herself a plate of the pasta that she made oh so proudly. “I am so telling the readers that I made this.” She mumbled to herself with a giggle. (She was referring to her online journal). Then she held the plate and went in front of the TV as well. She took a seat on the sofa and put the plate on the table. Sooyoung was sitting on the floor with her plate on the same table so that it would be easier for her to eat.

Jessica leaned to Sooyoung and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I love you.” She mumbled softly with her hand softly caressing the girl’s back.

“I..love..you..more” Sooyoung replied with a mouthful of pasta. “This is the best pasta in the world.” Sooyoung said.

Jessica just smiled and then she took all the dried tomatoes that Sooyoung had separated from her pasta into her plate. As much as she tried forcing the girl to eat tomatoes, she just couldn’t. Sooyoung was just too stubborn when it comes to eating good food. Then she held the plate and landed her back on the sofa. They were watching TV happily while having dinner when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Are we expecting anyone tonight?” Jessica looked at Sooyoung.

“Hmm no.” Sooyoung answered.

Jessica put her plate back on the table and walked to the door. She then opened the door and there was a woman standing in front of her with a luggage on her hand. “Hmm yes?” She looked at the woman weirdly.

“Did I get the wrong apartment?” The woman asked herself before she looked at her phone.

“Are you looking for anyone?” Jessica asked.

“No sorry. I was looking for Choi Sooyoung’s apartment. If I’m not mistaken she used to live here.” The woman said.

“Jess, who is it??” Sooyoung’s voice was heard from inside the apartment.

“Sooyoung?” The woman immediately recognized the voice that instant. “Hmm may I know who you are?” Jessica asked weirdly.

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung’s voice was heard coming from behind Jessica. Jessica turned around and saw Sooyoung’s face was as shocked as ever. She had never seen Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter