Normal Day at the Office

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Boss, I got another complain email..” Yuri was standing beside Sooyoung, her new boss’ working area. Sooyoung who just got promoted to a team manager last month was at her working desk reading an email from a certain someone.

Sooyoung quickly closed the email as soon Yuri came to her place. “Yes Yuri. What were you saying just now?” Sooyoung asked again. She didn’t pay attention to what the girl was telling her earlier. “I got another complain email.” Yuri repeated.

“Again??? That’s like 5 complains in 3 days.” Sooyoung frowned. She was worried actually. The complaints from the customers were coming in like rain through the email channel compared to when she was answering calls before.

“Sorry. It’s beyond my control.” Yuri mumbled slowly. “What’s the case this time?” Sooyoung asked before she stood up from her chair. She then stretched her arms in front of Yuri. Yuri then asked her to go to her place so that she could check on the trail of emails. Yuri had been communicating with the customer for almost a week with regards to the customer’s credit card application.

Sooyoung sat on Yuri’s chair and read all the emails both from Yuri and the customer. “Yul.. Remember what I told you the other day?” Sooyoung asked with her eyes still reading the emails.

“What?”

“What?? You don’t remember??” Sooyoung turned to look at Yuri.

“Soo, you told me a lot of things! Which one are you referring to??” Yuri asked.

“Hyo! Come here for a bit.” Sooyoung called out for her other friend/agent. Hyoyeon obeyed her new boss and came to Yuri’s place. “Yes.” She stood behind Sooyoung and put her hands on Sooyoung’s shoulder from behind.

“Do you remember what I told the both of you the other day?” Sooyoung asked the same question to Hyoyeon this time. “Hmm which one Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon asked back.

“During last Monday’s meetingggggg..” Sooyoung started to whine.

“Hmm.. you said in the meeting that you were craving waffles..” Hyoyeon was trying to recall what exactly happened in the meeting. “And then you said Manager Seohyun will see all of us this Friday to discuss on the challenges that we are facing with replying emails..” Yuri then added.

“Okay, what else?” Sooyoung asked.

“And then you got a call from the VP’s office.” Yuri added again. “And then you left us for almost two hours. We fell asleep in the meeting room waiting for you.” Hyoyeon mumbled with a straight face.

“Wait, that was last meeting?” Sooyoung asked back weirdly. It turned out that she had forgotten herself. “Yeah.” Both of them answered at the same time.

“Wait, what were you doing with the VP that long anyway?” Hyoyeon asked weirdly. Sooyoung had been going up to level 5 so frequent the past few weeks.

“I had some stuff to discuss with the VP’s assistant.” Sooyoung laughed awkwardly. Of course she was lying. The VP wanted her for something far more important than work. “Hmm okay. What did I say in last week meeting then?” Sooyoung quickly changed the topic.

“We talked about going the distance with the customers.” Yuri replied.

“Yes! That’s the one!!” Sooyoung exclaimed happily. Both Yuri and Hyoyeon just rolled their eyes.

“So that’s the main problem for this email Yul. You’re not doing what I ask you to. I told you before, if ever you could sense disappointment from the customer’s email, pick up the phone and call the customer straight away. Try to solve it as q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter